Skyfall

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
space shuttles space stationbs and an orbital laserbattle.. CLASSIC :D

So, Bond has officially been everywhere except an alternate reality, which I suppose changing the actor and his character every few movies sort of qualifies as just that, and biblical hell to defeat Satan. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The Roger Moore stuff really pushed the edge of cartoonish. And yes, I know Moonraker is a fave but that one really was a cartoon.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
So, Bond has officially been everywhere except an alternate reality, which I suppose changing the actor and his character every few movies sort of qualifies as just that, and biblical hell to defeat Satan. :D
oh boy... we will probably see that sometime aswell...:facepalm:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I still cant believe those two were ever James Bond. Who was next, Shia LeBouf?

I didn't really mind Brosnan's take on Bond. GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies were both decent enough films, IMO. Though it all did go a bit off the rails starting with The World Is Not Enough, but that still had some watchable moments unlike the steaming pile of shit that followed.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My favorite Bonds thus far have been Connery (he brought a certain wry humor to the part) and Craig. I wasn't sure I'd like "James Blond" when he was first announced, but I've warmed to him greatly.

I'm also a huge fan of Dame Judi, and her turn as "M" has been delightful!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
My favorite Bonds thus far have been Connery (he brought a certain wry humor to the part) and Craig. I wasn't sure I'd like "James Blond" when he was first announced, but I've warmed to him greatly.

I'm also a huge fan of Dame Judi, and her turn as "M" has been delightful!
im suposed to be catching some z's but i had to peek in on this place again before i hit the sack and im glad i did as bolded made me laugh hystericly so now i can go to sleep happy! thank you!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
im suposed to be catching some z's but i had to peek in on this place again before i hit the sack and im glad i did as bolded made me laugh hystericly so now i can go to sleep happy! thank you!
Sleep well, and get better. Glad I could make you laugh.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I didn't really mind Dalton or Brosnan to be honest. Never much cared for Moore as he seemed too old and those Bond movies bordered on slap stick at times. That wasn't just reserved for Moore's films though as I recall a horrible scene in one of the Dalton movies where he and the Bond chick escape from the bad guys by sledding down a hill on a cello case. It was simply groan inducing as scenes go.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I didn't really mind Dalton or Brosnan to be honest. Never much cared for Moore as he seemed too old and those Bond movies bordered on slap stick at times. That wasn't just reserved for Moore's films though as I recall a horrible scene in one of the Dalton movies where he and the Bond chick escape from the bad guys by sledding down a hill on a cello case. It was simply groan inducing as scenes go.
Moore seemed to take the part too seriously. There is supposed to be a kind of satire and humor to the whole Bond thing. It's always suppose to have a kind of a wink and a nod to the reader/moviegoer.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Yep, that scene was definitely facepalm worthy (I'm not sure which film it was from), but overall I liked Dalton as Bond and I sort of wish that he could've done a few more movies instead of just the two.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
BTW, if any of you are interested in the Bond cars, you should check out the Top Gear: 50 Years of Bond Cars special. I'm watching it right now, and it's pretty fascinating stuff about the making of the movies (especially the chase scenes, of course :icon_mrgreen:).

Bluce Ree

BTW, if any of you are interested in the Bond cars, you should check out the Top Gear: 50 Years of Bond Cars special. I'm watching it right now, and it's pretty fascinating stuff about the making of the movies (especially the chase scenes, of course :icon_mrgreen:).

This is one of my favorite classic Bond cars.

50yearsBondCar.jpg

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Mine's probably the DB5 (I'm a softie for the classics)
aston-martin-db5-1963-james-bond-car1.jpg

Apparently Craig's favorite is the Toyota 2000GT from You Only Live Twice.
xlarge_npocp2000gtmain.jpg

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
One reason to watch the Top Gear special is because they've attempted to make real working versions of the submarine Lotus and the invisible Aston Martin (from Die Another Day), with some mixed results.... :icon_mrgreen:

Bluce Ree

One reason to watch the Top Gear special is because they've attempted to make real working versions of the submarine Lotus and the invisible Aston Martin (from Die Another Day), with some mixed results.... :icon_mrgreen:

Now I regret missing it.