Ratings II

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
1.09 -- that's a healthy jump from last week which is odd since it was basically a two-parter. How weird that it keeps bouncing back and forth irrespective of previous episodes. At any rate, I wonder if the next two eps will go even higher? That might happen with the attention given to the fact that it's ending.

Seriously, who the frack knows anymore. I honestly have no clue what will happen one week to the next. :confused:
Simple:
- Part 1 got good word of mouth and buzz, so people checked out part 2.
- Many people were on extended holidays and could watch the show live.

:anubis-pancarte01:

BTW: honorable mention to Tripler for also predicting a substantial uptick! :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Tropicana, I absolutely love the graphs you posted at the beginning of this thread! :beckettu: :daniel_new_anime021

Are the charts there yours too, though? I think they also need some updating...

THX1138

GateFans Member
Those ratings look like they should be swapped, never saw Santuary go that low before. But then perhaps people didn't know about the day change?

Actually it's a real possibility seeing as Syfy only announced the changes a couple of days before the Easter break. However it could also just be that the show can't handle the different night. Let's wait and see how is does over the next 2 months. It has major competition for a few weeks as Hawaii Five O and Castle wind up their seasons but after that it's just repeats so no excuses then.

Let's not go there, next we will be blaming Syfy and the antiquated ratings system, after that, it will be the competition and planetary alignments........ :D

LOL we're too reasonable to do that :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I wonder, with only two eps left (assuming people are aware of that) if the ratings will stay fairly high? I had thought that by now we would have seen it go to 500K, but last week was over 1 mil(yes barely but still!) so I am unsure if it will continue high....but NOT going to change my prediction! :P

THX1138

GateFans Member
I wonder, with only two eps left (assuming people are aware of that) if the ratings will stay fairly high? I had thought that by now we would have seen it go to 500K, but last week was over 1 mil(yes barely but still!) so I am unsure if it will continue high....but NOT going to change my prediction! :P

LOL :D High? Whadda ya mean high?!?!?!?! Don't you think "not quite as abysmally low" is a more accurate description???

Seriously though, I'm not sure how it will stand up to the new episodes of the competition as they head to season's end - the other shows could reasonably expect upticks in ratings but I'm not sure SGU can expect a similar.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Don't forget that next week SGU won't be competing against repeats, they'll be new episodes.
Good observation!

Other factors I think matter for ratings as well:
- Next week is the beginning of the season finale, which as we know from SGU was probably going to get spread out and milked into 3-4 episodes. But, nevertheless, many old SG viewers the show had lost might tune back in to see how SGU 'ends'. On the other hand some casual viewers aren't aware that the series is ending.
- I don't think the casual viewers - who care even less than fans for the characters - liked the conclusion of the 2-part episode this week. So many of them might pass this week.
- The promo and the sneak preview are looking good IMO. I believe casual viewers will get drawn into watching the episode from those.

Yes, it's all about the "casual viewers" ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
LOL :D High? Whadda ya mean high?!?!?!?! Don't you think "not quite as abysmally low" is a more accurate description???

Seriously though, I'm not sure how it will stand up to the new episodes of the competition as they head to season's end - the other shows could reasonably expect upticks in ratings but I'm not sure SGU can expect a similar.

ANY number over 500K is "high" for sgpoo's ratings IMHO! :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
ANY number over 500K is "high" for sgpoo's ratings IMHO! :P
Hehehe, then I think you're going to be disappointed, Rac.
I personally think they're doing OK ratingswise with the 800-1000K for the quality of the show, but that's just my personal opinion as well, of course.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree

Hehehe, then I think you're going to be disappointed, Rac.
I personally think they're doing OK ratingswise with the 800-1000K for the quality of the show, but that's just my personal opinion as well, of course.

I think the ratings are going to hover around the 1M mark or slightly higher for the remaining eps. There will probably be a greater interest in the final episode simply out of curiosity.

I don't think we have seen any of the changes that TPTB claimed they had made until the last few episodes. They've increased the pace and reduced the forced inter-personal drama but, again, too little too late.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Just checked the ratings and I'm a bit saddened to see Sanctuary bomb so hard. Syfy really have issues if thats all the viewers they can get to tune into Monday night scripted programs outside of summer.

Weird that SGU was higher than Sanctuary. Even though there was a lot of issues with the move and a poor lead in you'd still expect Sanctuary to outperform SGU. In saying that I really don't know what to make of the ratings bobbing up and down for Universe.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Just checked the ratings and I'm a bit saddened to see Sanctuary bomb so hard. Syfy really have issues if thats all the viewers they can get to tune into Monday night scripted programs outside of summer.

Weird that SGU was higher than Sanctuary. Even though there was a lot of issues with the move and a poor lead in you'd still expect Sanctuary to outperform SGU. In saying that I really don't know what to make of the ratings bobbing up and down for Universe.

Well it is the last of the eps if people are going to watch i would have thought it would be now.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I think it's a mixture of curiosity and the fact that most know it's canceled now. I think there was more advertisement about the cancellation than for promoting the show itself.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think it's a mixture of curiosity and the fact that most know it's canceled now. I think there was more advertisement about the cancellation than for promoting the show itself.

Come to think of it you're right. I don't recall this much advertising during the run of the show before cancellation. I don't know that it would have changed much in terms of bringing in the kind of ratings that would have kept the show on the air though. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Tropicana

Council Member
Just released 2 mins ago Broadcast Finals

Dancing with the Stars (121 minutes)
- 21.402 million viewers
- 13.3/20 HH
- 4.5/12 A18-49

Castle (59 minutes)
- 12.108 million viewers
- 7.8/12 HH
- 2.9/7 A18-49

How I Met Your Mother
- 6.765 million viewers
- 4.2/7 HH
- 2.8/8 A18-49

Mad Love
- 5.711 million viewers
- 3.5/5 HH
- 2.2/6 A18-49

Two and a Half Men (R, 31 minutes)
- 7.685 million viewers
- 4.9/7 HH
- 2.2/6 A18-49

Mike & Molly
- 8.185 million viewers
- 5.1/7 HH
- 2.4/6 A18-49

Hawaii Five-0 (59 minutes)
- 9.834 million viewers
- 6.2/10 HH
- 2.5/6 A18-49

Chuck
- 4.097 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.4/4 A18-49

The Event
- 4.143 million viewers
- 2.6/4 HH
- 1.3/3 A18-49

Law & Order: Los Angeles
- 4.852 million viewers
- 3.3/5 HH
- 1.4/4 A18-49

House
- 8.570 million viewers
- 5.1/8 HH
- 2.9/8 A18-49

The Chicago Code
- 5.595 million viewers
- 3.4/5 HH
- 1.6/4 A18-49

90210 (96% coverage, now will CW's normal)
- 1.474 million viewers
- 1.0/2 HH
- 0.8/2 A18-49
- 0.9/3 A18-34
- 1.2/4 W18-34

Gossip Girl
- 1.266 million viewers
- 0.9/1 HH
- 0.7/2 A18-49
- 0.9/3 A18-34
- 1.5/4 W18-34

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
RATINGS NIGHT! :joy:

BTW, rush in your educated guess over at the rating predictions thread in case you haven't yet! There's still time to win one of the last crystal balls - but probably not much.

So what's the big deal? (I hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning this, but...) We are thinking of making some new features of this forum, perhaps even access to some new information, dependent on having an award or not. So, even if you just lurked up until now, this would be a good opportunity for an easy earned award ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Stargate Universe (SYFY, 9pm)
- 0.993 million viewers
- 0.7/1 HH
- 0.3/1 A18-49

Sanctuary (SYFY)
- 0.838 million viewers
- 0.6/1 HH
- 0.2/1 A18-49

Mr. A

Super Moderator +