NuBSG on BBCA

G

Graybrew1

That was not my favorite time for the series either. I am rewatching it to see if I missed anything.

ArwenOfTrek

GateFans Noob
The Apollo losing weight that fast really got to me too! Definitely not realistic there! In reality, I think they just got tired of having him put on all that makeup - and they didn't want to spend the money on in-between phases of makeup... Irked me a bit though since I have been battling my own weight! I even posted about it on my weight-loss board! lol!

I, however, really liked a lot of the post-New-Caprica episodes. Granted, season 3 did have some episodes I didn't care as much for, but I really, really liked A LOT of them. It seemed like after New Caprica they just started full steam heading towards EArth and you got all sorts of clues, etc., towards it. Previous to that they were just out there without really a course as much... Afterwards, though, they really kept moving along the trail of clues. THAT I really liked!

G

Graybrew1

I shall be pounding through some more of them this weekend.

Yes, and Apollo also looked like he had moth balls in his mouth. The actor was in such good shape(no complaints on the sweet Ab shot we got to see that fact either :biggrin:) in RL that it never really looked like right to me. This is perhaps another reason the ended that agony quickly. But that whole storyline was a bit painful to see.

ArwenOfTrek

GateFans Noob
He did look like he had mothballs in his mouth... I actually thought he looked believable fat, though... But, I'm sure his appeal to certain ladies did cause it to get over with quickly. I did think that it was a REALLY good indicator of the state of affairs all the Colonials were in after a year on New Caprica though... Which I suppose is the important thing...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The show gets slightly better near the end of the final season (the two parter "The Oath" - "Blood on the Scales" is well done) but we're past the quality part and into the part that got the show cancelled.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually it was cancelled. They were renewed for S4 on the specific condition that it was the last because of the bad ratings for S3 and the high cost to produce the show.

G

Graybrew1

Yes, I don't see many shows wanting to off the air after only 4 seasons.

I am now up to when Starbuck slept with Appollo and married Anders the next day flashback ep. The boxing match was not my cup of tea, but it was a well written ep.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That whole plotline (which later has Starbuck cheating on Anders with Apollo) was nauseating. Soap opera, here we come.

G

Graybrew1

That whole plotline (which later has Starbuck cheating on Anders with Apollo) was nauseating. Soap opera, here we come.

Yes, but I liked the way Adama handled the crew but having the chief beat the crap out of him.

ArwenOfTrek

GateFans Noob
Yeah, I didn't care much for Starbuck's cheating... But, yeah, I did like how Adama handled the crew with the boxing, etc. Like you, the boxing thing wasn't my thing either...

G

Graybrew1

Me either, Arwen.

I now have come to the two parter eps that are bad insanely bad.............way too much cheating with those two. And insanely good................Looking for the eye of Jupiter, stand-off with the cylons, Sharon having Helo kill her so she can go get her daughter after Boomer tells her she is still alive.

What I mean to say is that I see why the fan base is so huge and so loyal for this show. It was able to merge the genres and often still make an interesting ep out of it for both types of fans. Tons of shipping and sex all over the place but still very heavy on science fiction and action in general at the same time.

ArwenOfTrek

GateFans Noob
Yeah, didn't care much for all the cheating... But, I really enjoyed the Eye of Jupiter stuff! and the stuff with Sharon getting her baby back! That was great!

I can see what you mean about appealing to both camps - and I think they definitely did that throughout the entire series...

G

Graybrew1

Yeah, didn't care much for all the cheating... But, I really enjoyed the Eye of Jupiter stuff! and the stuff with Sharon getting her baby back! That was great!

I can see what you mean about appealing to both camps - and I think they definitely did that throughout the entire series...

Yes, many other shows have tried to do the same and did not fare as well.

G

Graybrew1

Been away and then sick, but I will be getting back into these eps this weekend. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I got through to the ep with the strike this weekend. I was kinda eyerolling at some points, but the end was quick enough. I did like the last bit with Starbuck and her "Nuggets" speech. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I got through to the ep with the strike this weekend. I was kinda eyerolling at some points, but the end was quick enough. I did like the last bit with Starbuck and her "Nuggets" speech. :)

Has Apollo become a politician yet? :(

G

Graybrew1

Has Apollo become a politician yet? :(

I am just getting to that ep. I agree. I hated those eps. I am just pushing through them and trying to pay more attention to the other things that were happening at the time. I now know that Starbuck is actually dead. The one that comes back will not be real.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Season three is like that - the pain from the constant eyerolling gets hard to bear.