NuBSG on BBCA

G

Graybrew1

Season three is like that - the pain from the constant eyerolling gets hard to bear.

Be Nice. LOL.:)
We are doing this with an open mind. You do realize that in the end of the ep afte this that Starbuck actually died? And we know now that she really did. The one that came back was not Starbuck.

G

Graybrew1

Okay, So I just watched the ep where Baltar was found not guilty. Since I am no longer uber peeved out of my skull over it, and just watching it. I will say that yes, the defense kicked the prosecutor's butt. This is so close to RL that it hurts. I can now see that it is very realistic. As is the riot after it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just wait, things are shortly going to become really dumb...

G

Graybrew1

A few things I am confused about....If Ellen was killed and resurrected than other cylons would have to know who she was??? If Tigh and the Six could make a baby being both Cylons where are the other Cylons not procreating too? If Tigh is Final five then why does he not get his eye fixed? And what is up with that Opera House and the visions?

G

Graybrew1

Well, I finally finished the series rewatch I was doing. I know get that the Opera House was just pure smybolism of the bridge of BSG. I also see that John did indeed know and hide the knowledge of Ellen all along. Tigh and Six's baby did not make it, so that is still up in the air. Hera still never really DID anything. The only thing that I can think of is there would be no bargaining trip for the truce that was made, but broken, buy the BSG/Good Cylons and John/Bad Cylons near the end. On the planet she did squat. Starbuck had to be a Ghost or Angel, or was not explored and Baltar was hinted at being God.

Overall, I am still not thrilled with the ending, but it was well worth the rewatch. Time for me to do Caprica next. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I recommend some basic research into military things as a base for watching NuBSG. It gives a new perspective on a lot of the show - both the good and the bad. And this is because large segments of Seasons 1 and 2 belong to a subgenre called "military sci-fi". Interestingly, large sections of Stargate SG-1 are also military sci-fi.

For example, understanding of military things reveals why the large audience the show started out with amongst service personnel were upset with the Pegasus episode and its depiction of military personnel. That audience understood well that there is simply no way that a psychopath like Cain gets through the screening and testing to achieve any type of officer rank - much less flag rank.

Another example in the other direction is the appreciation service personnel have when the show depicts things like hangar deck operations (and get it reasonably right in a sci-fi context) or the planning behind an operation - and then showing the battle/operation unfolding according to the plan.

I know this is an old thread-I was just passing through---The thing with Cain that your comment on her not being fit, it made me think of, if pressed, what kind of "pull it out of your butt" answer RDM or Eick might give. So here goes: Cain is a Tauron, given the tight society the Taurons have with influencing officials to get favors done-Cain did something for say the Ha- LaTha and they got her the commission?

Being retired Army ,I agree that someone like Cain wouldn't make it through our officer candidate school and certainly not West Point (I leave out ROTC since there is no indication that such a thing exists in the bsg-verse)-she would crack under the forced pressure they put cadets through. She would get through an enlistment physical- it is not very thorough on the psych stuff is basically all self-admittal.

But then again, look at current events and this Paula Broadwell woman. She is a west point grad and a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserves- having also had to serve 5 yrs on active duty after West Point. She clearly has some type of mental/emotional issues that could prove fatal in a command situation.