NuBSG on BBCA

B

Backstep

‘Battlestar Galactica’ makes a return to television (in re-run, of course) on BBC America, as the network announces a recent deal giving it access to the show’s entire run. Airs on Saturday June 11th at 10pm.

http://screenrant.com/battlestar-galactica-bbc-america-yman-112112/

I will watch the miniseries part of BSG, after that it becomes a soap-fi show where Viper pilots shoot off their mouths instead of shooting cylons.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
‘Battlestar Galactica’ makes a return to television (in re-run, of course) on BBC America, as the network announces a recent deal giving it access to the show’s entire run. Airs on Saturday June 11th at 10pm.

http://screenrant.com/battlestar-galactica-bbc-america-yman-112112/

I will watch the miniseries part of BSG, after that it becomes a soap-fi show where Viper pilots shoot off their mouths instead of shooting cylons.
:rotflmao:

I tried to hang on a while longer when the series first aired. Then Apollo showed up in a suit one day as a politician and I threw in the towel. :beckettd:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Love this show, I thought it was great all the way through.

Not surprising its on BBCA though, the BBC helped finance the first season (or so I read).

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

I tried to hang on a while longer when the series first aired. Then Apollo showed up in a suit one day as a politician and I threw in the towel. :beckettd:
Yes, I remember watching it too. Maybe people who don't consider themselves fans of Sci-Fi or who had never watched the original series can't relate to it, but THAT was one of the most WTF moments for me on the entire show!

B

Backstep

You hung in past the obese Apollo, the maintenance workers were complaining after Apollo walked around they had to beat the dents out the deck plates :laughing:

G

Graybrew1

I know firsthand that Yongjin can blow anybody anyway on the canon in this show. If you can accept it for what it is, it is quite entertaining. And it is SciFi. So, I will be glad to rewatch it and discuss it with him. :icon_e_wink:

G

Graybrew1

You hung in past the obese Apollo, the maintenance workers were complaining after Apollo walked around they had to beat the dents out the deck plates :laughing:

Yes , it had some downfalls, don't all shows?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I have to say that I enjoyed the show all the way through (except for the stand alone episodes syfy forced them to do in season 3.5) and I had no major problem with Lee becoming a politician. He just moved from one battlefield to another anyway. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I have to say that I enjoyed the show all the way through (except for the stand alone episodes syfy forced them to do in season 3.5) and I had no major problem with Lee becoming a politician. He just moved from one battlefield to another anyway. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I actually hated that part, but chose to glaze over it. LOL

Bluce Ree

I know firsthand that Yongjin can blow anybody anyway on the canon in this show. If you can accept it for what it is, it is quite entertaining. And it is SciFi. So, I will be glad to rewatch it and discuss it with him. :icon_e_wink:

I guess you meant, "can blow anybody away"? Otherwise it sounds like Youngjin really gets around. :icon_lol:

G

Graybrew1

I guess you meant, "can blow anybody away"? Otherwise it sounds like Youngjin really gets around. :icon_lol:

You and your darn gutter mind!!!!!!! Me and my darn, crap typing!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:

You are a joy to have around Bluce. :biggrin:

B

Backstep

You and your darn gutter mind!!!!!!! Me and my darn, crap typing!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:

You are a joy to have around Bluce. :biggrin:

I need get my mind into that gutter, I was thinking power or laser with his canon :D

G

Graybrew1

I need get my mind into that gutter, I was thinking power or laser with his canon :D

Don't tempt me..................or we could get this thread sent to FH. :icon_e_wink:

There is a lot of battle scenes in nuBSG, nobody can deny that. LOTS.

Bluce Ree

Yes, I remember watching it too. Maybe people who don't consider themselves fans of Sci-Fi or who had never watched the original series can't relate to it, but THAT was one of the most WTF moments for me on the entire show!

It was like a slap in the face. I shrugged *and* threw my arms up in the air while saying, "ah, screw it!".

G

Graybrew1

It was like a slap in the face. I shrugged *and* threw my arms up in the air while saying, "ah, screw it!".

Will you give it another try for ME? :rolleyes:

Like I said, take it for what it is and not what you wanted and go with it. You can have fun with it. :icon_e_wink:

Bluce Ree

Will you give it another try for ME? :rolleyes:

Like I said, take it for what it is and not what you wanted and go with it. You can have fun with it. :icon_e_wink:

I guess I can go for a second round. I did try to see a few more eps every so often when I was home & bored but I couldn't get past feeling like I was watching eps of The Good Wife or West Wing filmed in cinéma vérité style.

G

Graybrew1

I guess I can go for a second round. I did try to see a few more eps every so often when I was home & bored but I couldn't get past feeling like I was watching eps of The Good Wife or West Wing filmed in cinéma vérité style.

Goodie. We can discuss it when it airs in more detail. And that way when B&C comes round , if it's good, you will be all the more ready for that.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

So he can tell me which episode it was, the designer of the suit and if the tie color matched... It still sucked big time!

BTW, I am looking forward to B&C. I just hope there will be some sci-fi in it and not just gratuitous gore and pew-pew.