Netflix begins to crack

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

When they fall, they fall hard. No coming back from this. Thing is, after giving it some thought, why would any of the existing media services buy Netflix when they have their own paths to streaming video? Netflix is not doing anything differently or new with the streaming technology than anyone else is. Kodi uses the same streaming tech as Amazon, as CBS All Access, as HBO. Its all the same. Access the file, pass through a transcoder, QoS (quality of service check), then through the content delivery network (CDN), then to your device.

NetflixTech.png

Buying Netflix just means getting their customers. They have nothing else worth buying. They can be rolled into another service. I am still betting on Amazon and not Apple. Even Comcast or other cable provider might find it attractive. Whomever gets it, they will probably add commercials to the service which will kill it for most people.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
When they fall, they fall hard. No coming back from this. Thing is, after giving it some thought, why would any of the existing media services buy Netflix when they have their own paths to streaming video? Netflix is not doing anything differently or new with the streaming technology than anyone else is. Kodi uses the same streaming tech as Amazon, as CBS All Access, as HBO. Its all the same. Access the file, pass through a transcoder, QoS (quality of service check), then through the content delivery network (CDN), then to your device.

View attachment 34344

Buying Netflix just means getting their customers. They have nothing else worth buying. They can be rolled into another service. I am still betting on Amazon and not Apple. Even Comcast or other cable provider might find it attractive. Whomever gets it, they will probably add commercials to the service which will kill it for most people.
Because it has IPs that might interest but you are right, Netflix fell another 10 dollars today and now it's worth 314 dollars.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

View attachment 34344

wow, I knew they were going under, but now they are just getting desperate

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...its-own-series-between-binge-season-episodes/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah I heard earlier that Netflix has been dropping all month long. I'm not surprised of course. It had to come down at some point.
I still don't have interest in streaming still. Most of the content I watch is available for free on youtube.Most of the content i watch is educational videos and my interest for movies has gone to an all time low that I don't even care to watch one anymore. This goes for the same with TV shows so I have no interest in Amazon Prime/Hulu or whatever anymore because all the good entertainment shows are history.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I still don't have interest in streaming still. Most of the content I watch is available for free on youtube.Most of the content i watch is educational videos and my interest for movies has gone to an all time low that I don't even care to watch one anymore. This goes for the same with TV shows so I have no interest in Amazon Prime/Hulu or whatever anymore because all the good entertainment shows are history.

All of that is still streaming. :) But yeah, I agree with you. I have put my Netflix account to sleep for a while because there is nothing I really want to watch on there. Amazon Prime has lots of stuff I watch, but I have watched most of that. Fortunately, that is rolled into my Amazon Prime which I have for shopping. Kodi has everything, but again, nothing I really want to see. Corporate created entertainment by committee is boring to me. I watch lots of documentaries, lots of YouTube stuff, and I am being inspired to start a YouTube channel, yet I am afraid of going to any content that could be construed as offensive or controversial. Perhaps just critiques? That seems safe. :) I still do not want to show myself in any of them.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
All of that is still streaming. :) But yeah, I agree with you. I have put my Netflix account to sleep for a while because there is nothing I really want to watch on there. Amazon Prime has lots of stuff I watch, but I have watched most of that. Fortunately, that is rolled into my Amazon Prime which I have for shopping. Kodi has everything, but again, nothing I really want to see. Corporate created entertainment by committee is boring to me. I watch lots of documentaries, lots of YouTube stuff, and I am being inspired to start a YouTube channel, yet I am afraid of going to any content that could be construed as offensive or controversial. Perhaps just critiques? That seems safe. :) I still do not want to show myself in any of them.
To me, I get more out of a 5 minute science video than a friggin 2 hour movie which just seems like a drag. The problem isn't the duration, but when you watch it, they don't make them engaging enough for you to give a shit. These independent artists put in lots of hours and effort into their creation and it shows whereas a movie is madeup within weeks and then goes into final production. We want something unique. Something cool and interesting but Netflix was seen as a gateway to that but then as it got big, it lost its core value. It's the same way why Youtube is the disaster it is. Originally it's was suppose to be for independent content but now that it being buried deep into the abyss. The front page is littered with garbage.

The industry experts are finally starting to get it. The honest ones I mean. It appears that there are still a lot of immoral shills telling people to invest in Netflix despite the fact that it's equivalent to a junk bond now. Regardless, the media can no longer ignore the fact that Netflix is insanely overextended with debt that it can never recoup.

(Just lulz at them claiming that subscribers in India are going to rescue the company. :icon_lol: That's so freakin' delusional. Netflix is like a bucket with an ever expanding hole in it; pouring more water in the top isn't going to help in the long run.)