Mallozzi's Mailbag & More II

S

Stonelesscutter

Ok, I fell behind on the mailbag and it looks like the Atlantis self-destruct idea for the Extinction movie was brought up a week ago.

Behold the amazing logic.... :facepalm:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ection-dog-pics-catching-up-with-the-mailbag/

So falling into enemy hands somehow equates to the enemy moving the city to another galaxy? Who knew? :rolleyes:

Apparently the Ancients had not mastered pin code technology. :P

There was an episode where a few Lantean survivors took control of the city by simply erecting some secret console and placing their hand on it, effectively locking the humans out of the controls. If they can do that then surely they can prevent the wraith from controlling the city in the first place.

By the way it's nice that you took the time to have a look over at that place. I had long forgotten all about it. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
More dustbunnies there than at SFN!

There was an episode where a few Lantean survivors took control of the city by simply erecting some secret console and placing their hand on it, effectively locking the humans out of the controls. If they can do that then surely they can prevent the wraith from controlling the city in the first place.

By the way it's nice that you took the time to have a look over at that place. I had long forgotten all about it. :)

which is why he still is issuing comments about the never-was-going-to-be-filmed sga movie...he is DESPERATE for traffic. :P anyone watching the new show he is doing? anyone know what the show was/is?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
which is why he still is issuing comments about the never-was-going-to-be-filmed sga movie...he is DESPERATE for traffic. :P anyone watching the new show he is doing? anyone know what the show was/is?

He's doing it as part of his lookback at stargate, sure the script sounds like junk, but can't fault him for wanting togive the SGA fans something, more than Bard gave them at least :P
The new show is the Transporter.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ok, I fell behind on the mailbag and it looks like the Atlantis self-destruct idea for the Extinction movie was brought up a week ago.

Behold the amazing logic.... :facepalm:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ection-dog-pics-catching-up-with-the-mailbag/

So falling into enemy hands somehow equates to the enemy moving the city to another galaxy? Who knew? :rolleyes:

Apparently the Ancients had not mastered pin code technology. :P

That was my exact response when I read what JM had written about that plot point. So basically, if the wraith take control of Atlantis and don't move it from the Pegasus galaxy they would be hunky dory? So what's to stop them from stripping the city of everything that's not nailed down (inlcluding ZPMs) and just leaving the hull of the city to rot in the water? What's to stop the wraith from taking their time to decode the Atlantis lock out system while they sit in the Pegasus galaxy?

The sad thing is the way JM tosses out these story ideas as if they're pure gold and fobs off any criticism of them. What an insufferable ego maniac.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

It is called "taking one for the team". :facepalm: :facepalm:

:D

SciphonicStranger

That was my exact response when I read what JM had written about that plot point. So basically, if the wraith take control of Atlantis and don't move it from the Pegasus galaxy they would be hunky dory? So what's to stop them from stripping the city of everything that's not nailed down (inlcluding ZPMs) and just leaving the hull of the city to rot in the water? What's to stop the wraith from taking their time to decode the Atlantis lock out system while they sit in the Pegasus galaxy?

The sad thing is the way JM tosses out these story ideas as if they're pure gold and fobs off any criticism of them. What an insufferable ego maniac.

If it was my job to write the script, I would have gone with "automated ZPM factory in the Pegasus galaxy phones home to Atlantis for some maintenance". Sometimes these things are too simple. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.

So true.

and anyone that dares to critique him and his "brilliance" is an idiot ingrate deserving of ridicule.

OMNI

If it was my job to write the script, I would have gone with "automated ZPM factory in the Pegasus galaxy phones home to Atlantis for some maintenance". Sometimes these things are too simple. :)

i hope you are kidding BC that would be worse and fanwanky.

SciphonicStranger

i hope you are kidding BC that would be worse and fanwanky.

Worse than the city needs to blow up because they moved it? How so? I was just trying to think up legitimate reasons for the Earth team to move the city back to Pegasus. Free ZPMs would certainly be motivation.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

OMNI

Worse than the city needs to blow up because they moved it? How so? I was just trying to think up legitimate reasons for the Earth team to move the city back to Pegasus. Free ZPMs would certainly be motivation.

yes it would (dont get me wrong GPS guided selfdestruct is ridiculous) (galactic positioning system? LOL)

thing is something like that would give us WAY TO MUCH "POWER" as a race and SG has allways about being the underdog that overcomes great adversity and advancements and techknowlogy is hard earned drawn out over a longer period and a fanwak mystical ZPM factory doesnt fit with that.

something that pissed me off in S4 BAMSR tho is that they had no plan to take some ZPM from the surface (beem em up?) and board some of the now empty replicatorships and salvage them instead of not even thinking about it.. that would have been some earned power.

SciphonicStranger

Why am I picturing you sitting in the shower and hugging your knees while crying softly? :icon_lol:

:eek:

Honestly, I only did that after watching some episodes of SGU! :D

SciphonicStranger

yes it would (dont get me wrong GPS guided selfdestruct is ridiculous) (galactic positioning system? LOL)

thing is something like that would give us WAY TO MUCH "POWER" as a race and SG has allways about being the underdog that overcomes great adversity and advancements and techknowlogy is hard earned drawn out over a longer period and a fanwak mystical ZPM factory doesnt fit with that.

something that pissed me off in S4 BAMSR tho is that they had no plan to take some ZPM from the surface (beem em up?) and board some of the now empty replicatorships and salvage them instead of not even thinking about it.. that would have been some earned power.

Well, it could have been a ZPM factory that did not have any actual completed ZPMs in it. And maybe the Wraith are monitoring the place. I still like this better than the tired idea of the Atlantis team stealing the city after some stupid self destruct kicks in. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'd ditch the self destruct and keep the team stealing Atlantis

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
The only way the Atlantis self-destruct thing makes any sense is if those Ancients from The Return decided to set that up in order to flip the bird at the humans some more.

Having the Atlantis team steal the city would've been away better.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
lol, we should really have a write-your-own-Atlantis-movie-idea/premise competition. Anyone want to? Then we could vote for the best and whatnot, and discuss some of them.

S

Stonelesscutter

lol, we should really have a write-your-own-Atlantis-movie-idea/premise competition. Anyone want to? Then we could vote for the best and whatnot, and discuss some of them.

You start. :)