Lost in Space on Netflix

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
First thing I thought of was Mark Frankel from Kindred: The Embraced. He died in a motorcycle crash back in 96. It was a shame. I loved that show.

Tim/ Tom Choates?, sometime around 2004.

From a promo of the first season: can you pick the ones who are still alive?

Babylon 5 Season 1.jpg

The woman in the middle was "Delenne", she went on and played "Rousseau? on LOST.

I just noticed that they forgot about Bill Mumy and Stephen Furst for this picture.​

Tim/ Tom Choates?, sometime around 2004.

From a promo of the first season: can you pick the ones who are still alive?

View attachment 34124

The woman in the middle was "Delenne", she went on and played "Rousseau? on LOST.

I just noticed that they forgot about Bill Mumy and Stephen Furst for this picture.​

It's so sad what happened with Michael O'Hare. :(

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's raining here so decided to give LIS a second go ... Ep 2 was a lot better and am now up to ep 5 . The robot is cool but I can't stop thinking Anubus every time I see him with his googly eyed spinning universe face .
Where did they get a trailer for there 4 wheeler ?
I had to laugh during the sister scene ... What a nut job Smith is lol ... Waiting for her sister to topple was just to funny . Scene was quite brilliant actually .
;)

It's raining here so decided to give LIS a second go ... Ep 2 was a lot better and am now up to ep 5 . The robot is cool but I can't stop thinking Anubus every time I see him with his googly eyed spinning universe face .
Where did they get a trailer for there 4 wheeler ?
I had to laugh during the sister scene ... What a nut job Smith is lol ... Waiting for her sister to topple was just to funny . Scene was quite brilliant actually .
;)

Yeah, the first episode almost lost me too. It picks up a lot after that.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I watched it all, I am okay with it and will look forward to the next season.

I really don't like Parker Posey and for a kid so smart, boy Will does get played, but then again, so did he in TOS and the movie with Matt LeBlanc.

It is a fun-ish romp with scenes from time to time, I am glad that FF exists on NF. I hope maybe they can grow more into the characters and the writing gets a bit better because you can only stand so much camp, so it needs that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is it just me or do the Jupiters look like a smoothed out sleeker Melenium Falcon !
;)

YES YES YES! I noticed that right off the bat. I really like the aesthetic for everything they have done in Lost In Space. Everything is sleek and looks like it has been refined over decades of production and advancements. Like if Apple's designers had a hand in how everything looks. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Season 2 is out

and, it is a real test of will to stay tuned in for eps 1 and 2

just started ep 3 and had to hit pause when a horse walked on set

other things that shouldn't be . we know how Smith acts already, she is a criminal,etc,etc

I won't spoil it, but when you get to ep 3, and given the situation and her actions, can you see why her actions make nonsense in LIGHT OF the changed situation?

i'll go to the end of the season, but if nothing changes to up the tempo, for me Lost in Space is Lost in Place

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 2 is out

and, it is a real test of will to stay tuned in for eps 1 and 2

just started ep 3 and had to hit pause when a horse walked on set

other things that shouldn't be . we know how Smith acts already, she is a criminal,etc,etc

I won't spoil it, but when you get to ep 3, and given the situation and her actions, can you see why her actions make nonsense in LIGHT OF the changed situation?

i'll go to the end of the season, but if nothing changes to up the tempo, for me Lost in Space is Lost in Place

Wait, a horse?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They must have liked those galloping star destroyer horsey so threw some in for good measure .

yeah, a trend like everyone wanting to shoot in iceland---all the cool directors are doing it

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

ok, so like the horse, the reasons for her to continue on her purge of her data is made later.

just either weird or lazy the way they are doing things

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok, I am all caught up. :) The one major thing I hate about this show is that there are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many crises and malfunctions and perils the characters have to solve PER EPISODE. It's like every 5 minutes, there is some sort of life-threatening crisis that comes up. WAY too many of those. Somebody goes to take a piss, but then a bulkhead bursts or dumb stuff like that. I am also sensing a slight (but detectable) feminist edge to this show this season. I'm okay with it for now, since there are good male characters in the show

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think I actually derived more enjoyment from watching season 2 of Lost in Space than I did from watching season 4 of The Expanse.