Let's see your world!

G

Graybrew1

No more pics , peeps? I plan on putting one up of next snow. I love the first couple of snows.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Merde! :icon_twisted:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Dat is nou precies wat ik bedoel. :)

ik denk dat nederlandse is vrij moeilijk in vergelijking met Zweedse ..

voor mij klinkt het als een dergelijke mix van veel verschillende talen en atleast Zweedse alleen engels invloeden.

oh! en off topic!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
In honor of Halloween I give to all of our vampire members a mid-afternoon shot from my world.

P1010069.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
How do you get way up there on that cloud?

:P What a beautiful world you have there! AWESOME shot. :)

Illiterati watch out! :icon_lol:

So when do we get some shots of your world Mr. OM1???

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Last June I read up on doing lacto fermentation with veggies. At the time I happened to pick up a jalapeno plant at the local Aldi of all places and the thing was dripping with peppers. I picked a bunch and thought I'd experiment with doing some lacto fermentation so I put them in a lock-top jar with some onion and jicama plus salt and distilled water. After a week on the counter they had turned an olive color and were ready for the fridge. I wasn't thrilled with them because they were pretty salty so I shoved them to the back of my fridge and forgot about them until this week. Opened the jar and tried them and wow! They're good! And I'm not a huge fan of jalapenos to begin with.

At the time I tried the jalapenos I also tried a simple saurkraut. I used a couple of those small coleslaw bags, put them in a bowl, sprinkled a couple teaspoons of salt on top and "mashed" the whole mess with a potato masher until juice came out of the cabbage. It really wasn't that hard at all to be honest. Then I put the mix into a lock-top jar and left it on the counter for about a week and the it was ready to eat. Again, this was a little on the salty side but that didn't stop me from eating the whole container in a pretty quick fashion. I didn't have a camera handy when I did the saurkraut so I don't have any pics of it. I'll definitely do the recipe again as it's super easy and I suspect if I store it for awhile it will taste even better in the long run.

Two days ago I started a mixed veggie ferment with brussels sprouts, sweet onion, carrots, parsnips, seedless cucumber and green beans. I added a few pieces of celery on the top to help hold the rest of the veggies in place. I tossed the veggies with 2 teaspoons of pickling salt and a healthy dash of kefir/yogurt starter I had on hand from a different project. I routinely open the jar to let it release pressure and since it's bubbling good I tried a piece of onion -- WOW!!! Tasted great! I'm really hoping all the veggies turn out in this one so my fingers are crossed. I've read that carrots don't always work out but I'm optimistic. I'll definitely do onions again for sure. If the cukes work out even better.

Here's a fuzzy pic of the mixed veggies I've got going now plus one of a couple of the jalapenos I've got left.

P1010082.jpgP1010084.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

Are you hoping to stumble upon a new cheap yet incredibly effective substitute for alcohol?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Here's a mid-afternoon shot I took last week from where I'm staying in Montreal:
white.jpg

I hate snow storms.

S

Stonelesscutter

That was my 6th take. Call me a perfectionist but every shot until this one was always missing a little something.

Your determination has obviously payed off. Clearly you have experience as well as talent in these matters.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Your determination has obviously payed off. Clearly you have experience as well as talent in these matters.

He's an "artiste!" replete with an "e" and an exclamation point. Now please stop bothering the master, he's working. :icon_e_smile: