Let's see your world!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
From my experiments I've noticed that fooling a plant is not a simple matter. They seem to 'know' what season it is even though you recreate conditions for a different season. But goodluck with that rosemary. ;)

Well I've never tried to grow hemp so I'll have to take your word for it. ;)

And the rosemary plant did fine last winter when I brought it inside. The chives too, but they just went dormant and didn't do anything until Spring when they popped up and I knew it was time to take them back outside.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Well I've never tried to grow hemp so I'll have to take your word for it. ;)

And the rosemary plant did fine last winter when I brought it inside. The chives too, but they just went dormant and didn't do anything until Spring when they popped up and I knew it was time to take them back outside.

I left my chives in the herb garden over the winter last year and they proliferated! my little plant was considerably bigger this past summer, I divided it to share with a friend. some actually grew outside of the garden and hubby said they made the area smell great when he mowed them accidently. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
what KIND of light? if you say normal house lightbuld youd be better off just giving up.. if howere it is a 150w CFL then you may have a shot at keeping it going..

Got it on a shelf abutting the window and then a directional painters light that I put a plant lightbulb in last year. It actually grew a lot last year when I had it inside and I had to trim it back.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Got it on a shelf abutting the window and then a directional painters light that I put a plant lightbulb in last year. It actually grew a lot last year when I had it inside and I had to trim it back.
applause! :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I'll try to post a picture next week. I have a great view in mind but it's better when the horses are out. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Actually I am a DIY type of guy whenever possible; everything from changing the oil in my car to growing veggies. Just don't have the space to do much gardening where I'm at currently. And yeah, I'm looking at a move to the SW in the future but I have to get all my ducks in a row first. I'm giddy about the chance to grow a garden in winter in AZ, dumb as that sounds.

To be honest, that doesn't sound dumb at all and you'll thank yourself for saying bye bye to the snow. Sometimes I wish I had a green thumb.

Tropicana

Council Member
This is a great thread Ape!

(Only got time to log in today)

Will take some pics and upload it here when I find time. Right now, it's pitch black, lol.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is a great thread Ape!

(Only got time to log in today)

Will take some pics and upload it here when I find time. Right now, it's pitch black, lol.

Cool! Can't wait to see. :beckettu:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To be honest, that doesn't sound dumb at all and you'll thank yourself for saying bye bye to the snow. Sometimes I wish I had a green thumb.

Yeah, just wish I could be there already but it's going to take some time before I can pull up stakes permanently.

Hell, they're predicting rain and sleet tonight here. It begins... :(

SciphonicStranger