Let's see your world!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Let's see your world. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, no city spanning shots from a garret in Rotterdam or anything pretentious like that. You don't have to be Ansel Adams here or Annie Leibovitz. Just shoot something from your back door or front porch or apartment hallway or wherever. It's safe to say that virtually everyone here has a form of a digital camera at their disposal so take some snaps and show us your world!

Oh, and you don't have to post pics of yourself or anything too revealing about your personal life. No need to have your image out there for nefarious nut jobs in cyber space to exploit. This is just for things in your life, your view from your kitchen window or apartment balcony; benign stuff like that.

And now here is a thrilling, breath-taking pic of my neighbor's apple tree that I see every time I walk out the back door of my house. Being Autumn it's been dropping apples all over my yard for a few weeks now. They also drop onto his garage roof and bounce onto my cars. You can hear "thunk thunk thunk" all day and night long at this time of year. Last year there were so many apples there was a veritable drift of them that I raked back into his yard. It came up to my knees. I've been promising myself that I'd spray the apple tree so the apples would be edible but never got around to it. It's actually a rather intense regimen of spraying starting now in Fall and going for like 4 more times throughout the year. It is rather labor intensive but I'll get around to it someday. Also, the neighbor has this as a second house and doesn't live there full time so he doesn't really care about what I do to the tree.

P1010064.jpg

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
great idea APE!

ill fire up my lil cam tomorrow and take some pics and join in!

i think you deserve some green for this aswell!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Here's a view from my terrace:

IMG-20110220-00077.jpg

That canal leads right out to the ocean, which is only a few blocks to the right. From the other side I have a view of the ocean and coastline. I'll snap a pic and upload as soon as I get back.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here's a view from my terrace:

View attachment 6200

That canal leads right out to the ocean, which is only a few blocks to the right. From the other side I have a view of the ocean and coastline. I'll snap a pic and upload as soon as I get back.

Hey, I've got a great idea, let's trade views! :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hmm, I don't have alot of shots from around the house or it's environs, but I'll find the camera and snap some shots when I can.

G

Graybrew1

I will take a pic from phone tomorrow and figure out how to get it over here. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes. If you take the 367th stub to the right and then turn left at the 1532nd you'll find me right on the corner.

I think you mean "cob", not stub. And to find you I'll just follow the trail of shallow graves, easy peasy! :D

B

Backstep

I get some pics for on here, I'm surrounded by water, river on one side and a creek on the other.

OMNI

from my POV..

just shot these now while i was out getting some stuff from the store i had to sieze the oporotunity as the light was magical there for around 5 minutes before it was gone again

Big Oak tree just outside our balcony and it is the view from our living room. (just before i went out the door)

View attachment 6204

This is a shot of the little park area just out side our appartment building(2minutes later.. love this shot..)

View attachment 6205

and here is the main heavily trafficated road near the store(15minutes later on my way back from the store and the magical light was gone :()

View attachment 6203

OMNI

...I know where you live. :teylasecret:

:P
dun dun dun :P

oh right you spent some time here a month or so ago didnt you? damn i forgot all about that man sorry!
anyway im sure you passed by in my general area but i was carefull NOT to show any pics of my actual building but if you know where the park and the oak tree is then yes im sure you know exactly where i live :P

also dont forget to take some pics and post em yourself ;)

G

Graybrew1

2011-10-26_12.04.00 (1).jpg2011-10-26_12.05.40 (1).jpg2011-10-26_12.06.12 (1).jpg2011-10-26_12.06.15 (1).jpg2011-10-26_12.06.50.jpg
First pic is from upstairs bedroom window. that is my Pink Dogwood I planted in honor of my Nana that turns 100 this year.
Second pic is from front door with my baby Porscha in front yard in front of my white Weeping Cherry Tree.
A couple pics of my baby, rolling around on the grass in front yard.
Last pic is the view from my deck and back yard.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
also dont forget to take some pics and post em yourself ;)

I would but it's been so damn foggy around here for the past three days or so (downside of living in a valley, I suppose), so I think I'll wait until the weather clears up so I can take some decent pictures.