Let's see your world!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Fine German engineering? (said with a really bad German accent)

I own a Volkswagen New Beetle (not that newer Beetle they're now selling), so I really do appreciate "fine German engineering". ;)

I'll have to take some photos of my neighborhood. I should take some pictures of areas that currently are used to pass for New York, etc. We have a lot of those quite literally within a block or so of where I live.

My favorite is when they use those sets/streets to describe any city in America. They used a very New York setting for "Laverne & Shirley" which supposedly took place in Milwaukee, WI. Trust me, there aren't any porches or buildings or blocks in that style in Milwaukee. They also pronounced Knapp street "kah-nap" which we all laughed about.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
A Swedish pancake (plett)?

Nope, these are swedish pancakes (pannkaka)
pannkaka.jpg

And these are plättar (plural), or plätt (singular). Basically a smaller form of pancakes. But plätt is pronounced closer to plett for you english speaking folks since the Ä (a with the umlauts) is a completely different letter over here, with its own distinct pronounciation. Same with Å and Ö.
plättar.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
View attachment 6469

And these are plättar (plural), or plätt (singular). But plätt is pronounced closer to plett for you english speaking folks since the Ä (a with the umlauts) is a completely different letter over here, with its own distinct pronounciation. Same with Å and Ö.
View attachment 6470

So which one does the Swedish military represent? :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This one. :P
View attachment 6471

The german military on the other hand, which I believe was the one we were talking about, probably represents the pancake. Poland represents the plätt. :P
oooh JAS chrases spectacularly isnt cost effective and INCREADIBLY expensive to maintain... :rolleyes:...

btw we swedes use the German tank i think its called the "leopard 2" or something and according to discovery channel it is the BEST tank in ze world beating the fuel gusseling american abrams by MILES..

abrams needs refuel every 4h (roughly)

leopard needs refuel every 4 days or so.

LMFAO!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
oooh JAS chrases spectacularly isnt cost effective and INCREADIBLY expensive to maintain... :rolleyes:...

Eh, it's safety record isn't very different from other fighters of its generation, and with the number of foreign contracts for the craft increasing it's starting to pay for itself, also it's still nice to know that at least something about our military is still Swedish. Considering that it's supposed to be the Swedish military after all. :rolleyes:

OMNI

Eh, it's safety record isn't very different from other fighters of its generation, and with the number of foreign contracts for the craft increasing it's starting to pay for itself, also it's still nice to know that at least something about our military is still Swedish. Considering that it's supposed to be the Swedish military after all. :rolleyes:
actually it is a tad worse sure other crafts has chrashed aswell but not for as stupid reason and during simple manuevers that all fighters are suposed to be able to do like rolling and landing.. imo jas is a massive failiure and an increadible strain to maintain from a fiscal pov

tho the benifit is that as it is made and maintained by us from start to finish we could actually shoot down say an american made fighter as we didnt buy our jets from them hence no nasty computer commands to NOT fire on american forces hidden somewhere in the software not that i would shoot em but its nice to know we can if we choose too.

and remember MOST of the miltary tech used today was invented by us. all hail BOFORS!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
actually it is a tad worse sure other crafts has chrashed aswell but not for as stupid reason and during simple manuevers that all fighters are suposed to be able to do like rolling and landing.. imo jas is a massive failiure and an increadible strain to maintain from a fiscal pov

tho the benifit is that as it is made and maintained by us from start to finish we could actually shoot down say an american made fighter as we didnt buy our jets from them hence no nasty computer commands to NOT fire on american forces hidden somewhere in the software not that i would shoot em but its nice to know we can if we choose too.

and remember MOST of the miltary tech used today was invented by us. all hail BOFORS!

Which company, the one owned by British Aerospace or the one owned by Saab? :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is what I think of whenever I think of the Swedish military:

Queen+Christina+%2528released+in+1933%2529+-+Starring+Greta+Garbo%252C+John+Gilbert%252C+Ian+Kei.JPG

S

Stonelesscutter

Thanks to the recent upgrades to our windmills the jerries will be in for one hell of a surprise when they attempt to invade. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yep. Shaved will never know what hit him. :D

Oh look, I've found a pic of the amped-up Dutch windmill defense:

(Points if you can find Stoneless in the pic [hint -- he's waving his arms])

J104269-arm-swinging.jpg

OMNI

View attachment 6469

And these are plättar (plural), or plätt (singular). Basically a smaller form of pancakes. But plätt is pronounced closer to plett for you english speaking folks since the Ä (a with the umlauts) is a completely different letter over here, with its own distinct pronounciation. Same with Å and Ö.
View attachment 6470
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHniCEHY7I

Highlander

GateFans Cadet
Much to be desired here for now

Well my world at the moment leaves a lot to be desired to say the least. I got so frustrated with the mess I actually made a movie from the pictures for the complaint to the state and court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgYbNqycoKk&feature=g-upl

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well my world at the moment leaves a lot to be desired to say the least. I got so frustrated with the mess I actually made a movie from the pictures for the complaint to the state and court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgYbNqycoKk&feature=g-upl
That's just nasty, Highlander. It galls me to think that someone is actively renting out what can only be referred to as hovels.