Leonard Nimoy urges fans to quit smoking, reveals lung disease

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I get a bit irritable when I quit, but no rage. The first time I quit was for 7 years. I only had started again a year or so ago. I have now quit again, but this time using a vaper. The first time I went through serious depression, I mourned it like the loss of a loved one. This time, nowhere near as bad, just a bit of a feeling of missing something.

I also stayed inside, both times, while quitting. Having others smoke around in while out drinking is the surest way to fail and start smoking again. I am now at a point, I think I could handle it, but only if I have my vape with me to use in it's stead.

GF if you want a shot at quitting, then get yourself a vape. You can either step down your nicotine via the e-juice or you can do it cold turkey. I did it cold turkey. I stopped smoking and next day started vaping. I still cringe a bit seeing people do it on tv or movies, but that is also when I can grab my vape. I still miss it and if someday it would not kill me, I would love to do it again, but in the one year of my smoking again I got sick 5 times as much and started having trouble breathing again. I like breathing, so no more smoking for me.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Good for you aza ... We are all routing for you and OM1 and all others that have taken to quieting smoking ...

:daniel_new_anime021: :daniel_new_anime021: :daniel_new_anime021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I get a bit irritable when I quit, but no rage. The first time I quit was for 7 years. I only had started again a year or so ago. I have now quit again, but this time using a vaper. The first time I went through serious depression, I mourned it like the loss of a loved one. This time, nowhere near as bad, just a bit of a feeling of missing something

That is because you went from smoking to NO nicotine. You are fulfilling your visual and mechanical addiction to smoking, but the nicotine is missing. I did not feel that because I started with 18% nicotine juice, then stepped down to 12, then 6% where I am right now. I can drop to 2% then to zero. When I quit cold turkey, I lasted about three days and I could not take it. Vaping was the key, and I have no cravings and no desire to ever smoke tobacco again.

I also stayed inside, both times, while quitting. Having others smoke around in while out drinking is the surest way to fail and start smoking again. I am now at a point, I think I could handle it, but only if I have my vape with me to use in it's stead.

I do not even like the smell of cigarette smoke anymore. I can take it if it is burning smoke...outside...for a limited time, but the stinky after-smoke smell on clothes and breath and hands is nasty. I took my car in for servicing when I quit, and after the two days I got it back and I could smell a stale smoke smell which had been there for years probably. I had the entire interior cleaned and deodorized.

GF if you want a shot at quitting, then get yourself a vape. You can either step down your nicotine via the e-juice or you can do it cold turkey. I did it cold turkey. I stopped smoking and next day started vaping. I still cringe a bit seeing people do it on tv or movies, but that is also when I can grab my vape. I still miss it and if someday it would not kill me, I would love to do it again, but in the one year of my smoking again I got sick 5 times as much and started having trouble breathing again. I like breathing, so no more smoking for me.

I have told him this! I smoked for 35 years. Today I am a non-smoker because of my vape. My vape collection (I made the display myself!)

20150102_013638.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow....I used Hola to access Amazon in Australia, and Big Tobacco has basically OWNED the entire country. You cannot get a vape pen made by independent manufacturers in Australia on Amazon. But you CAN get Nicorette (owned by big tobacco). Australians generate millions for Big Tobacco, and the taxes collected and revenue it generates for the government is too tasty to threaten it with allowing vapes.

Big Tobacco is scared shitless of the INDEPENDENT personal vaporizer pen:

CE4_Vape_Pen_Starter_Kit_07.jpg

These devices are the ones which are making people quick forever. Not these (ALL owned by Big Tobacco):

vuse-markten-and-blu-ecigs-are-all-owned-by-big-tobacco-companies.jpg

If there is a huge advertising campaign, and you see "smoking cessation" products or high end packaging, then you are dealing with Big Tobacco. PV pens are made by independent manufacturers not connected with Big Tobacco and that is why they are hated and vilified. Big Tobacco is paying for the bad press.