Joe Flanigan

B

bumble

I have seen Change of Plans now. It is really a nice family movie! :beckettu:

It was cute. Much better than I thought it would be. Although not too sure about it as a weekly series, not enough aliens and explosion... :icon_e_wink:

but boy oh boy was it great to see Joe again. :icon_e_biggrin:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Here's a small tidbit from S4 DVD that makes Joe Flanigan officially orders of magnitude more awesome than Joe Mallozzi.

In the scene where Sheppard climbs the tower in "Quarantine" they'd actually made a sort of rock climbing wall on a green screen for a stunt double to climb and get a good shot. When the Flan saw it, he literally went. "You kidding me? I can do this myself."

And he DID. The only scene where they wouldn't allow the Flan to CLIMB A ****** WALL was when Sheppard jumps and catches hold of a jutting structure which was actually pretty dangerous.

Chucknician

GateFans Noob
I'm a girl and I don't like Chick Flicks......So I am not sure if I want to watch Change of Plans.

I would rather wait for his army movie vs um thingy/monsters

I'm not a chick flick kinda girl either BUT I'm so desperate for a Flan fix, that I'll watch just about anything. And from what I've read its not overly a chick flick, I got someone whom is recoding it for me and gonna send me a copy, so in that respect cant wait :). When it gets here its gonna be a girlie night in with pizza and beer:P

With the execption of SGU thank god he never agreed to guest apear in that thing:eek:. Because I would have been so torn with wanting a Shep fix BUT not wanting to watch Crappieverse.

I dont think even for the Flan I could have brought my self to succumb to that horror :(.

P

phronsie

With the execption of SGU thank god he never agreed to guest apear in that thing:eek:. Because I would have been so torn with wanting a Shep fix BUT not wanting to watch Crappieverse.

I dont think even for the Flan I could have brought my self to succumb to that horror :(.

I have strong mixed feelings about D Hewlett showing up on the show; I still haven't decided how I'm going to approach that. Eh, I'll probably just wait to read reviews and then decide to either watch his clips on youtube, or maybe give the whole ep a gander somehow.

There's some debate at siffy that if the ratings rack up for the McKay / Woolsey ep, it will be a clear sign that SGA was more beloved than SGU.

Chucknician

GateFans Noob
I have strong mixed feelings about D Hewlett showing up on the show; I still haven't decided how I'm going to approach that. Eh, I'll probably just wait to read reviews and then decide to either watch his clips on youtube, or maybe give the whole ep a gander somehow.

There's some debate at siffy that if the ratings rack up for the McKay / Woolsey ep, it will be a clear sign that SGA was more beloved than SGU.

Now thats a good point, I hadnt really thought about that. I was not going to watch the ep live or otherwise. BUT maybe it would be a good thing if SGA an or McKay fans tune in to boast the ratings. Will it be the first one back in the new 10 or is it later into the show?. It would be quite funny to see really low ratings one week then a massive leap the McKay/Wosley week, then drop like a stone the following.

I'd like to think that TPTB would see it as a sign but sadly I'm not sure they would. I can see them being as deluded as usual and thinking it was solely due to SGU being a stella show:icon_eek: But maybe Sy Fy would but BW and cronnies well I doubt that very much.:( I wonder if I would have any impact in the great scheme of things:confused: food for thought though.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
it'd have to be a major leap in teh ratings for it to be noticed for what it is.

Think about the time Joe Flanigan starred on Warehouse 13. Got HUGE ratings and yes, even Syfy sorta pinned that on the Flan.

if the episode before the McKay/Woolsey ep gets the average of 1 mil, and the next episode gets an average SGA rating like 1.6/7 or who knows, 2 mil, that'd be undeniably because of the guest starring.

What we the normal people don't see is the C3 ratings as well as how many people tune in and out. Syfy likely gets those ratings and if McKay and Woolsey only have scenes near the beginning and the rest is all SGU, the ratings might start out incredibly strong, but tank within 30 minutes drawing down the Live+SD. We wouldn't know it, but Syfy might be able to clearly see the difference.

I'm half tempted to start promoting the episode with McKay Woolsey as the draw :D

Tropicana

Council Member
Here's a small tidbit from S4 DVD that makes Joe Flanigan officially orders of magnitude more awesome than Joe Mallozzi.

In the scene where Sheppard climbs the tower in "Quarantine" they'd actually made a sort of rock climbing wall on a green screen for a stunt double to climb and get a good shot. When the Flan saw it, he literally went. "You kidding me? I can do this myself."

And he DID. The only scene where they wouldn't allow the Flan to CLIMB A FUCKING WALL was when Sheppard jumps and catches hold of a jutting structure which was actually pretty dangerous.
Don't you know? Health and safety... health and safety. :P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Now thats a good point, I hadnt really thought about that. I was not going to watch the ep live or otherwise. BUT maybe it would be a good thing if SGA an or McKay fans tune in to boast the ratings. Will it be the first one back in the new 10 or is it later into the show?. It would be quite funny to see really low ratings one week then a massive leap the McKay/Wosley week, then drop like a stone the following.

I'd like to think that TPTB would see it as a sign but sadly I'm not sure they would. I can see them being as deluded as usual and thinking it was solely due to SGU being a stella show:icon_eek: But maybe Sy Fy would but BW and cronnies well I doubt that very much.:( I wonder if I would have any impact in the great scheme of things:confused: food for thought though.

Thats my problem with tunning in too. a lift would bring up the season average, which i would hate to see, also BW is so in cuckoo land he would attribute any lift to anything BUT the SGA characters.

how well will the characters be dealt with? not very imo :argue:

Chucknician

GateFans Noob
Thats my problem with tunning in too. a lift would bring up the season average, which i would hate to see, also BW is so in cuckoo land he would attribute any lift to anything BUT the SGA characters.

how well will the characters be dealt with? not very imo :argue:

So true and they haven’t managed very well so far, I mean I know I've only watched the pilot but RDA came across badly in that and from what I've read it didn’t get better. Why a General would be going to see some stupid little geeky boy at his home IN the fist place beggars belief. It should have been a black car with FBI/Men in Black type agents whisking Eli away to an anonymous government building for that chat. :facepalm:

The only main evidence I have for bad cross over character writing is in SGA and Carter in charge of Atlantis always springs to mind. To me she was never the Carter from SG1 but always portrayed as less than or watered down, I don’t know what it was but it never felt right to me.:(

So god only knows what Wosley and McKay will be like, if McKay is true to character he should butt heads straight away with Rush and give utter distain to Young with snaky comment abound. Somehow I think he will be a pussycat and Rush will be the all knowing all seeing oracle:argue:. I doubt it will McKay the genius and the greatest living authority on Ancient Tech that will be on board The Destiny. ;)

Besides if they wrote the real McKay and he was there they would be home within the 42 min eps SGU done finished and buried. Right bring on that SGA movie now please.:joy:

P

phronsie

So god only knows what Wosley and McKay will be like, if McKay is true to character he should butt heads straight away with Rush and give utter distain to Young with snaky comment abound. Somehow I think he will be a pussycat and Rush will be the all knowing all seeing oracle:argue:. I doubt it will McKay the genius and the greatest living authority on Ancient Tech that will be on board The Destiny. ;)

Besides if they wrote the real McKay and he was there they would be home within the 42 min eps SGU done finished and buried. Right bring on that SGA movie now please.:joy:

I can't remember if it was here or siffy that someone stated that DH had tweeted that sgu had him portray McKay as...damn, I can't remember. I think it was 1st Season McKay...but maybe it was SG-1 McKay.....Anyway, the poster said the tweet indicated that it was exhausting...if I'm remembering correctly.

Damn, why did I bother to post? LOL Perimenopause, is that you??? GO 'WAY!

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I can't remember if it was here or siffy that someone stated that DH had tweeted that sgu had him portray McKay as...damn, I can't remember. I think it was 1st Season McKay...but maybe it was SG-1 McKay.....Anyway, the poster said the tweet indicated that it was exhausting...if I'm remembering correctly.

Damn, why did I bother to post? LOL Perimenopause, is that you??? GO 'WAY!

I didnt know that about DH. BW did say that they rained DH in because he needed to fit in with sgu. That said to me that all the growth McKay had will probably be ignored, it would not surprise me if they make into a Pratt just cause :(

SerenityS

GateFans Member
The Trailer for The Other Side

Here is a trailer for Joe's upcoming Syfy Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ76t2yzf5c&feature=player_embedded
Don't Poke The Alien!
It will be a cheesefest, I bet, but I can't wait!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Don't Poke The Alien!

Ok that looks HILARIOUS!!! I wanna see. Hubby loves cheesey scifi or disaster movies- he's gonna love this one! (we have the day after tomorrow and 2012 on tap for today's viewing pleasure. :P)

rsharpe

GateFans Noob
The Other Side

I checked the RHI Entertainment site and the same trailer was there as well, but there wasn't a date for the movie to be released. Am I mistaken, or is this going to be shown on Sci Fi or Sy Fi or whatever they call themselves now?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I checked the RHI Entertainment site and the same trailer was there as well, but there wasn't a date for the movie to be released. Am I mistaken, or is this going to be shown on Sci Fi or Sy Fi or whatever they call themselves now?

AFAIK, it should be a "syfy original" movie:beckettu:

F

Frumenta

"Don't poke the alien" LOL! I can't wait for this!!! I hope I will be able to get it somehow. I still want to see A change of plans even though it looks terrible.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Another Title for The Other Side

Just saw on twitter that they changed the name AGAIN for this movie, now it's called:
FEROCIOUS PLANET. :P

And it will air Saturday, April 9th. Mark your calendars. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its Shep!

Don't Poke The Alien!

This is gonna be hilariously funny! Its Shep!

P

phronsie

Just saw on twitter that they changed the name AGAIN for this movie, now it's called:
FEROCIOUS PLANET. :P

And it will air Saturday, April 9th. Mark your calendars. :)

Aw, I liked "The Other Side;" Ferocious Planet sounds kinda...lame? silly?