Joe Flanigan

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Watching it now...

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Joe passes a joke :lol: Bad missions are kinda like relationships.They start off great but end miserably. The others seem to have bad acting lol...

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Well come on man, how was it? lol that bad? I'm curious as to how it did in ratings. Think I'll still watch just for the hell of it and a bit of sga nostalgia.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I only saw half of it and from what I saw it was pretty cheesy. Typical low-budget Saturday night SyFy movie. Oddly enough JF came across as believable even though he was surrounded by a rather lame cinematic vehicle. As those types of movies go it wasn't horrible, but like I said I only saw half of it so I don't know if it got worse as it went on.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Cool. I wish I could somehow be a writer for one of these cheesy films. Would be cool if they held some kind of competition for a script/story to be produced.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I read those movies get huge ratings. I'm curious how one with 'The Flan' did. I'll check it out...

Edit: No luck! Maybe Briangate knows...

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I only saw half of it and from what I saw it was pretty cheesy. Typical low-budget Saturday night SyFy movie. Oddly enough JF came across as believable even though he was surrounded by a rather lame cinematic vehicle. As those types of movies go it wasn't horrible, but like I said I only saw half of it so I don't know if it got worse as it went on.

Yep, it was corny.But, it's a decent B grade Sci-fi movie. The movie believe or not was better than SGU(not Joking!). However, the movie lacked depth and the science in the movie was pretty messed up lol. Joe was acting EXACTLY like Sheppard in SGA. You'll know this when the minute he comes on.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yep, it was corny.But, it's a decent B grade Sci-fi movie. The movie believe or not was better than SGU(not Joking!). However, the movie lacked depth and the science in the movie was pretty messed up lol. Joe was acting EXACTLY like Sheppard in SGA. You'll know this when the minute he comes on.

Yeah I hesitated to mention it but he was totally Col. Sheppard in the role. He even looked exactly like him. Funny how they used that persona to sell this movie. To me it just goes to show how popular SGA still is!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
ahaha, that was pretty decent. It was definitely Sheppard, the most epic moment was definitely the guy from Sliders stepping out the door. Everything else was kinda cheesy but pretty good. Hated the doctor chick that wanted to check out potentially new civilization. She was so annoying. You can kinda predict who was gonna die from the first 20 mins of the movie. If they had mckay for john and mckay banter, this movie would have been perfect. ok, sga nostalgia rant over

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
...the most epic moment was definitely the guy from Sliders stepping out the door.

Yeah, I expected him to be in most of the movie so I was a bit surprised to see that happen to him a few minutes in. I didn't see the end so don't know if he magically returns or not.

And yes, the doctor chick was annoying as all get out. I loved how they had her stomping around the woods in those heels. Too funny!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I think maybe he is too expensive? His role was kinda disappointing, or maybe I just still see him as a physicist. I only watched the first season of Sliders though.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think maybe he is too expensive? His role was kinda disappointing, or maybe I just still see him as a physicist. I only watched the first season of Sliders though.

Yeah he's been in everything going all the way back to the original Indiana Jones "Raiders of the Lost Ark". I think his name is Jonathan Rhys Davies -- something like that. I'm too lazy to look it up. At any rate, he's been in tons of stuff, mostly cheap B movies of late.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
For a long time, while I was watching the first season of Sliders, I thought he was that opera guy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah he's definitely got the Pavarotti thing going on.

Tropicana

Council Member
ahaha, that was pretty decent. It was definitely Sheppard, the most epic moment was definitely the guy from Sliders stepping out the door. Everything else was kinda cheesy but pretty good. Hated the doctor chick that wanted to check out potentially new civilization. She was so annoying. You can kinda predict who was gonna die from the first 20 mins of the movie. If they had mckay for john and mckay banter, this movie would have been perfect. ok, sga nostalgia rant over
LOL, I thought the "Doctor Chick" was kinda cute in her, "Ooh check this out; ooh see this".

Flanigan plays another military officer that did something that resulted in his character being disgraced. Sounds like Sheppard to me! :D It was so good to see him again. One annoying thing thus far with "Ferocious Planet" is the volume level of the music/background music, it's way too loud that at times masks the dialogue.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
LOL, I thought the "Doctor Chick" was kinda cute in her, "Ooh check this out; ooh see this".

Flanigan plays another military officer that did something that resulted in his character being disgraced. Sounds like Sheppard to me! :D It was so good to see him again. One annoying thing thus far with "Ferocious Planet" is the volume level of the music/background music, it's way too loud that at times masks the dialogue.

This is my pet peeve of late. It happens a lot on BBCA shows like "Dr. Who" and others. I don't know why they mix the sound like that. It makes no sense. I've tried to adjust it on my TV as now there are more options with what one can do with the different levels, etc. but wasn't able to fix it yet. I can't wait for the day where I can literally fine tune the dialogue verses the soundtrack. This is 2011, we should have that technology available and standard on all media devices.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

It was cute for like the first 5 minutes but then I wanted to hand her to monster. Oh yeah, that was super-annoying, you'd think they'd at least devote some time to the sound editing.

Agreed shavedape, think we're still on the video editing phase? But I'm not all into technology as of late anyways so already behind.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Looks like Joe had his shoulder surgery:
These tweets were from yesterday:

Going under knife right now. See you all on the otherside of the gate http://t.co/HLbdRTF

Snuck a little single malt scotch into the IV. http://t.co/Wqzzhua

although perhaps the surgeons goofed??

From today:

My new breasts look great

:eek: