Jaime Paglia says Eureka's final season will be 'a love letter our fans'

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I enjoyed last night's episode. I'm curious to see where things will go.

I found myself saying that if they had only told Parrish what they were doing, he would have jumped right in to help.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Tonight's episode had a nice twist on the timeline change from last season.

Only 3 left. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes it did indeed. Henry is having to deal with things done by his "alt Henry" counterpart.

I wonder if the plan was to add Felicia Day to the regular cast before the untimely end of the show?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yes it did indeed. Henry is having to deal with things done by his "alt Henry" counterpart.

I wonder if the plan was to add Felicia Day to the regular cast before the untimely end of the show?
It certainly wouldn't have made me unhappy if they had.

I was sad to see Fargo's beard disappear between one scene and the next, though. I rather liked it.

I had a feeling that alt-Henry was going to be involved there, somewhere. So, how much did she share with Beverly before she quit? Or had she already quit? They didn't answer that particular question.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well we know she quit prior to the Astraeus mission so she wasn't aware of the kidnap scheme. I assume by the same reasoning she doesn't know that Beverly "took care" of Senator Wen.

Meanwhile the preview suggests that problems are coming (again) for the new Holly. In a way, it would have been more fun if instead of them creating a new, fully functioning biological body (which is WAY beyond current tech) they had built another android like Andy but looking like Felicia Day and put her brain patterns into it. Then you would have Holly with Andy's enhanced strength, durability and such.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well we know she quit prior to the Astraeus mission so she wasn't aware of the kidnap scheme. I assume by the same reasoning she doesn't know that Beverly "took care" of Senator Wen.

Meanwhile the preview suggests that problems are coming (again) for the new Holly. In a way, it would have been more fun if instead of them creating a new, fully functioning biological body (which is WAY beyond current tech) they had built another android like Andy but looking like Felicia Day and put her brain patterns into it. Then you would have Holly with Andy's enhanced strength, durability and such.
I'm referring to the Timeline change.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ah.

True they did not answer that. Could it have been her and alt-Henry's sharing that made the kidnap possible in the first place?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Didn't catch last nights episode so if anyone wants to spoil it for me feel free. I won't be upset, in fact, it would be helpful.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
High level spoiling:

Carter and Allison did their honeymoon working on an old cabin the previous sheriff had. Comic hijinks up there plus they found a safe with an old data disc in it. The data disc plus papers revealed that Beverly Barlowe had a partner when she was doing espionage in Eureka back in earlier seasons. Henry's wife turned out to be that partner, and the surprise revelation was that her partner in crime was actually Henry himself (the alt universe Henry so this Henry knew nothing of it).

Meanwhile, Zane and company successfully transferred Holly's consciousness into a "clone" body. At first Holly suffered from paranoia and delusions but they were apparently able to fix it. As of yet they have not revealed her being back to the town as a whole.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ah okay. Any hints yet as to how they will wrap it up or is it still vague?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Still vague. I'm rooting for something unusual like V-GER visiting Eureka...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, this episode was darker and kind of weird. It had a whole "invasion of the body snatchers" vibe going on.

My guess is that what happened was that the NPCs from the matrix environment are trying to come out into the real world. Holly was programmed and so was Andy. Note that so far it is just people who were NPCs in the simulation that are being replaced. Weird but fits the evidence.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Okay, this episode was darker and kind of weird. It had a whole "invasion of the body snatchers" vibe going on.

My guess is that what happened was that the NPCs from the matrix environment are trying to come out into the real world. Holly was programmed and so was Andy. Note that so far it is just people who were NPCs in the simulation that are being replaced. Weird but fits the evidence.
Very good point. For a moment there, I was afraid that Wen was trying to get of her virtual cell.

SciphonicStranger

Just saw tonight's episode and it does look like there will be closure on this show. Glass half full...

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Just saw tonight's episode and it does look like there will be closure on this show. Glass half full...

Ok, Mr. Positive. The downside is that this is the last show that interests me on Syfylys. Once it's gone, there's nothing left for me on that channel.

SciphonicStranger

Ok, Mr. Positive. The downside is that this is the last show that interests me on Syfylys. Once it's gone, there's nothing left for me on that channel.

I like Warehouse 13 a lot so I'll still be watching that one. They do need some new shows though.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nice fast paced episode that set the stage very well for the series finale. However, once again Fargo got his heart ripped out (not physically) - I do hope the series finale gives him a happy ending (even better would be having Neal Grayson as Fargo move to Warehouse 13 - he would be a great addition to the team as he had a very natural and funny chemistry with Claudia).

SciphonicStranger

Nice fast paced episode that set the stage very well for the series finale. However, once again Fargo got his heart ripped out (not physically) - I do hope the series finale gives him a happy ending (even better would be having Neal Grayson as Fargo move to Warehouse 13 - he would be a great addition to the team as he had a very natural and funny chemistry with Claudia).

Agreed! Since the crossover that would be only natural. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just watched it. Good episode.

It broke my heart to see Fargo's face when he found out that Holly had essentially "reset" to just before she met him.

The guy really does deserve a break, you know?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just watched it. Good episode.

It broke my heart to see Fargo's face when he found out that Holly had essentially "reset" to just before she met him.

The guy really does deserve a break, you know?

He really does. When the timeline was altered who came out the worst from it in personal terms? Actually Fargo; he had a GF in the original timeline who disappeared. Yes he became head of Global Dynamics but position isn't everything. Even Jo (who lost the Zane who had just proposed to her) now is in almost the same stage with the Zane in their new reality.

The irony is, while Fargo's relationship life has been constantly flamed out his character grew a LOT since they rebooted the timeline. Fargo now is far more mature and balanced - he had to grow into running GD and did so.