Jaime Paglia says Eureka's final season will be 'a love letter our fans'

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually it's easy for the season to be a love letter to the fans while not knowing they were cancelled - they had intended the season to be more "fanwanky" than usual in any event. The cancellation basically forced them to ask for an extra episode to try to wrap things up.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Actually it's easy for the season to be a love letter to the fans while not knowing they were cancelled - they had intended the season to be more "fanwanky" than usual in any event. The cancellation basically forced them to ask for an extra episode to try to wrap things up.

Are there any examples of a show going "fanwanky"? :confused:

I thought all shows attempt to please the fans? Well, maybe not so much in the case of SGU... :P ;)

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Well the premiere was really good, so they are off to a good start.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Are there any examples of a show going "fanwanky"? :confused:

I thought all shows attempt to please the fans? Well, maybe not so much in the case of SGU... :P ;)

I'm watching S10 of Smallville ATM, it's a good example of fanwankery (has not stopped me enjoying it however) Sg-1's 200 was fanwankery.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So...not to give away any spoilers about episode #2 of this final season but is Beverly going to end up with a heart of gold and save the day in the long run?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So...not to give away any spoilers about episode #2 of this final season but is Beverly going to end up with a heart of gold and save the day in the long run?
The previews for episode 3 sure threw me for a loop, however, I wasn't surprised to discover who the mole was. I always suspected that person was a nogoodnik.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The previews for episode 3 sure threw me for a loop, however, I wasn't surprised to discover who the mole was. I always suspected that person was a nogoodnik.

Yeah, and I found that person's ability to order the military around and all the other "Yes men" to be a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure that others wouldn't sit back and allow that person to do what they did. ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yeah, and I found that person's ability to order the military around and all the other "Yes men" to be a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure that others wouldn't sit back and allow that person to do what they did. ;)
And now it's being strongly implied that there is someone else over the top of all this. They had better not be putting Dr OldSpice into his old Baltar footwear. I would be mightily disappointed if that was the case.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was a strong finale to the "Matrix" plot.

The crew was mostly rescued but have scars from the experience. Fargo at episode end was just devastated by the death of Holly, and the ending was both pretty dark and also appropriate (to put it lightly Senator Wen got what she deserved).

SciphonicStranger

I enjoyed tonight's episode. That part where matrix Jo dropped her robe was priceless. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was well done.

Overall good trilogy to open the season. The characters will be dealing with what happened for a while (especially Fargo). Beverly escaped but she basically revenged Fargo on Senator Wen (what she did was dark but poetic justice).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Fairly good wrap up I have to admit. Makes you wonder how they're going to end the series now.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Very good episode. I actually wasn't disappointed that Beverly got away, which rather surprised me.

Still laughing inside that Ming Na's character's last name was her own. Bad sense of humor, folks who write Eureka. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, true.

Also showed Beverly isn't a pure villain. There was a poetic justice to her killing Ming Na the same way Ming Na killed Holly.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
True, true.

Also showed Beverly isn't a pure villain. There was a poetic justice to her killing Ming Na the same way Ming Na killed Holly,

Well, not to give away any spoilers but she might not be dead. They almost never kill off bad guys anymore, not completely. Technically she was left alive if you think about it. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well, not to give away any spoilers but she might not be dead. They almost never kill off bad guys anymore, not completely. Technically she was left alive if you think about it. ;)

You're absolutely right. In fact, she Tweeted from her account just 3 hours ago, proving Ming Na is alive and well:

http://twitter.com/#!/mingna

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, okay. I used the actress names in lieu of the names of their characters. That said, the scene was pretty clear - Beverly did to the Senator what the Senator did to Holly.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Another good episode tonight. Got the series back to its more lighthearted self but still had the crew dealing with what happened to them. They also did a good job of showing that while most of the crew issues were around getting themselves rerooted in reality after the virtual world they had been in, Fargo had the toughest road to travel as he is trying to deal with Holly's death. The trick was doing this without making the show soapy and with keeping the overall mood lighter - unlike a lot of shows they pulled it off.

SciphonicStranger

I really liked tonight's episode, even though there was TMI about the manscaping. :)