Jaime Paglia says Eureka's final season will be 'a love letter our fans'

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Executive producer and co-creator Jaime Paglia has one whopper of a final season planned for you when Syfy's
Eureka
returns Monday at 9 p.m. But first there's that enormous cliffhanger from last year, which will require a three-episode arc to resolve.
And even then, "everybody is dealing with the ramifications of what happened in the first few episodes. That will have an impact on everybody's relationships for the remainder of the season," said Paglia, in an exclusive interview with Blastr.com.

http://blastr.com/2012/04/jaime-paglia-on-eurekas-f.php

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sounds cool. It's a pity Eureka is ending.

S

Stonelesscutter

I haven't seen any new episodes yet and this fixation on relationships is already bugging me.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I haven't seen any new episodes yet and this fixation on relationships is already bugging me.

You just described every scripted show on TV. Hollywood is still going through Twilight-mania (insert overdone, contrived relationship/sexual tension melodrama).

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I can usually deal with a ship here and there. It is when they start having love triangles, rectangles, octagons, etcetera that things get dicey. :P

SciphonicStranger

OMFG, it is a complete and utterly hopeless ship-fest! :puke: :lol:

Just kidding - this one is a reset comparable to the trip to 1947. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually there is exactly one ship in the episode, and the rightly gave it only a few moments of screen time.

I liked the premiere - it has an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" vibe that made it really fresh and interesting to watch. Evil Sarah and Evil Andy were a hoot as well. And the reveal at the very end was way cool because it was both set up well but still unexpected. One of those things that after you see it you start to realize it was hinted at in subtle places.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is this another split season?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't know actually. They did start up a bit early for Eureka.

S

Stonelesscutter

I didn't like it when they "rebooted" the series at the beginning of season 4. I had the exact same dislike during this whole episode except for at the very end. Nice twist, though taking in mind the end of season 4 it was sort of to be expected. They did a good job at keeping it "hidden" though.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well they seemed to spend some money on the season opener. I mean, they had a big enough cast and enough scenes replete with CGI to make it expensive. They'll no doubt dial that back a bit as the season goes on. As for the "twist" at the end all I'll say is I hope to God they don't stretch that out for the entire season. Talk about a yawn. A couple episodes maybe but not til the very end please.

S

Stonelesscutter

Well they seemed to spend some money on the season opener. I mean, they had a big enough cast and enough scenes replete with CGI to make it expensive. They'll no doubt dial that back a bit as the season goes on. As for the "twist" at the end all I'll say is I hope to God they don't stretch that out for the entire season. Talk about a yawn. A couple episodes maybe but not til the very end please.

Indeed I agree with that last part.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm sure this a 2 or 3 part opener not a whole season where the characters are all in the Matrix.

I actually liked what they did with the time travel plot. It stirred everything up and also unlike other shows that press the reset button when doing a time travel / changed future story they left everything changed. And it created some funny things - like the early misadventures of Fargo as head of GD. It also allowed some characters to grow in ways they couldn't in the original universe. Examples here include Jo as head of security becoming more of a leader and indeed Fargo over time learning how to effectively run GD.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, as Dr Oldspice is supposed to make a return appearance, I'm hoping that's sooner, rather than later.

And I figured that BB was behind all that crap. She needs a long walk out of a very small airlock.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dr. Oldspice is likely involved in the resolution of this plot line and finally putting paid to Beverly Barlowe once and for all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The BB character has bugged me since the first season. I'm one of those viewers who demands timely resolution when it comes to dealing with certain characters. I'm pretty sure that she will get her comeuppance in the end though.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The BB character has bugged me since the first season. I'm one of those viewers who demands timely resolution when it comes to dealing with certain characters. I'm pretty sure that she will get her comeuppance in the end though.
I have hated that character since the first time I laid eyes on her and wished that she had been written out the first time she disappeared from the show. For me, she's turned into some evil fallback badguy over the years.

Meh. Just kill her already, dammit!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have hated that character since the first time I laid eyes on her and wished that she had been written out the first time she disappeared from the show. For me, she's turned into some evil fallback badguy over the years.

Meh. Just kill her already, dammit!

Green for you! :)

I feel the exact same way. She wasn't that interesting as villains go in the first season and I just assumed they wrote her out of the show for that very reason. I absolutely hate it when shows recycle their bad guys when those bad guys aren't that compelling to begin with. Here's hoping they wrap up this story soon and move on to better ones this season.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She never was a true villain as evidenced by their scheme to send Doctor Oldspice back in time. She is simply convinced that Eureka as it is currently is a bad thing and needs to be changed to make its work more available to the outside.

I don't find her that bad. Compared to other villains we had to suffer through in other shows (like Kira on SGU) she is fine. The current plot is actually pretty interesting but should wrap up in the next episode or two. Obviously at some point one of the crew will start to realize they are all in a fake world and/or Jack and Henry will discover the place they are being held. Like I said earlier there actually were some small hints dropped in the episode that the whole world was in some manner false. Some of the behaviors of non-crew characters were a bit "off" (like Alison's daughter, Jack, Jo and Andy).

SciphonicStranger

Well, as Dr Oldspice is supposed to make a return appearance, I'm hoping that's sooner, rather than later.

And I figured that BB was behind all that crap. She needs a long walk out of a very small airlock.

Can't they both fall out of an airlock together? :D