His Dark Materials

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I like this show, it is different than what I expected. We are on season 3 now, but I read this will be the final season. I think it is because there are only 3 books, and they don't want to break the canon that much. It seems fair enough to me. It is kinda like Harry Potter in that way, unless more books are written, there should be no more stories to tell on TV. ( or Movies ). This show is really reminding me that James McAvoy should do more, he really is great in anything he does. I love all the animal daemons such as different way to look at one's inner self.

One thing I will say, it can get a bit "dark" at times as the title says. What I mean is there is no dirty stuff or overly full of gore like GOT, but still the overall tone would not be suited for young children and so it feels mature without being gratuitous in any way except for that "darkness". I would not have a major problem with it, but the hubby likes to binge watch it, and that darkness can be a bit too heavy for me in large doses in one sitting.