His Dark Materials

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Thanks for the welcome.
When I said the OM1 is a conspiracy nut, he said he is not, I receive a PM saying he is plus a list of other things.
Some people here -really- don't see eye to eye on many issues, especially social ones.
Then two members question my avatar as I have ulterior motives with it,
Again, you made it a guessing game. when people guess, they are not attributing ulterior motive, but what they see.
Ascribing that to ulterior motive is a bit "conspiracy theorist", don't you think :P
a member posted about testing his kid about Tolkien(could be me seeing ulterior motives in his post after what been through) to being he would test me like he did his kid.
Or, he was simply curious?

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
The strange thing is the avatar does look like it has one Doctor superimposed over another.

You made it a guessing game, naturally, you look for clues, and if you enlarge your avi, it looks like there is someone behind Colin with white boofy hair. Add the black from the jacket, and it looks more like it should be Jon.

I received a PM from a admin who said both of you are big Dr Who fans, Yet who can not recognize a stock picture of Colin Baker in his original costume. The Irony.

Some people here -really- don't see eye to eye on many issues, especially social ones.

Again, you made it a guessing game. when people guess, they are not attributing ulterior motive, but what they see.
Ascribing that to ulterior motive is a bit "conspiracy theorist", don't you think :P

Or, he was simply curious?

Still on the attack I see. Ask a question as why of why would I photoshop an avatar, get more posts still saying it's shopped. Ask a question of why you see a conspiracy in my avatar, get called a conspiracy theorist. The Irony!

adjective
being beyond what is seen or avowed; intentionally kept concealed:
ulterior motives.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ulterior

When no one guessed correctly I posted a picture of whom it is and what the clue was about. You both blew past that and still only talking about the guy behind the picture.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I received a PM from a admin who said both of you are big Dr Who fans, Yet who can not recognize a stock picture of Colin Baker in his original costume. The Irony.
Guess what, I did not receive the PM, nor did I see the picture of Colin until it started working on the board.
Still on the attack I see. Ask a question as why of why would I photoshop an avatar, get more posts still saying it's shopped. Ask a question of why you see a conspiracy in my avatar, get called a conspiracy theorist. The Irony!
I never said it was photo shopped, you asked about "the other avatar".
I hardly consider it a "conspiracy".
If you feel I was calling you a conspiracy theorist, I suggest you check your sarcasm meter, it appears to be broken.
adjective
ulterior motives.
Yes, I know how to use the internet as well.
When no one guessed correctly I posted a picture of whom it is and what the clue was about. You both blew past that and still only talking about the guy behind the picture.
No, we are talking about who it looked like to us individually.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome.

This is not directed towards you, but I ask the whole board about the welcomes when it took over a month to be able to post. When I signed up I was sent an email to confirm who I was, for a month when I clicked on the link, the link read page not found. When I finally was able to confirm to get to probation member AKA read only member, I could not contact any admins directly to ask any questions why it's taking so long to join this site(this piped my curiosity to why). Then I found the contact us at the very bottom of the page, for over a week of sending messages with the contact us while not receiving any reply's, only after telling whom ever is ignoring my messages to deleted my account(because I can not find any way of deleting the account, then and now) that I became a full posting member.

When I said the OM1 is a conspiracy nut, he said he is not, I receive a PM saying he is plus a list of other things. Then two members question my avatar as I have ulterior motives with it, a member posted about testing his kid about Tolkien(could be me seeing ulterior motives in his post after what been through) to being he would test me like he did his kid.

I can explain this...

All registrations and membership approvals are manually done here. Usually, the bot registration names have something like broccoliapple362547@gmail.com, and they routinely get rejected. Your name sounded like an actual person, so I approved it. My apologies about that! I need to see what the contact link goes to that you are describing. I will change it so that it goes to the proper email address.

The PM's you got...hmmm....the only person who I can think of who might have sent you those is most likely our resident racist, and I won't mention his name here (I could be wrong). If so, I will invite you to read some of this stuff in Flame Hell and decide for yourself who the nut is. :). Please feel free to PM me directly with any questions or concerns. We have Council here, and the members have that title below their names.

I am glad you joined! You are an interesting and knowledgeable member and GateFans is glad to have you. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

adjective
ulterior motives.

Gatefan76 is our resident arguer. He does not see himself that way, but he is. :icon_twisted: He is not attacking you, he is trying to position himself opposite to whatever you are saying so that there can be an argument/debate. He is harmless, trust me. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Gatefan76 is our resident arguer. He does not see himself that way, but he is. :icon_twisted: He is not attacking you, he is trying to position himself opposite to whatever you are saying so that there can be an argument/debate. He is harmless, trust me. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

One thing good about your arguing is that facts and figures come out and usually both sides come out knowimg more about whatever topic is being debated/argued...keep it up bro!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
One thing good about your arguing is that facts and figures come out and usually both sides come out knowimg more about whatever topic is being debated/argued...keep it up bro!
That's not what I was laughing at :P

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Guess what, I did not receive the PM, nor did I see the picture of Colin until it started working on the board.

I never said it was photo shopped, you asked about "the other avatar".
I hardly consider it a "conspiracy".
If you feel I was calling you a conspiracy theorist, I suggest you check your sarcasm meter, it appears to be broken.

Yes, I know how to use the internet as well.

No, we are talking about who it looked like to us individually.

The other avatar, you mean the red question mark? the clue you even made guesses with?

Hindsight? After being called out?

Only from the words you wrote; a bit "conspiracy theorist", don't you think.

That is a Dictionary.

I was talking about what your words looked like to me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

adjective
ulterior motives.

Actually I identified Colin as soon as the avatar was visible. So did Gatefan I believe.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Actually I identified Colin as soon as the avatar was visible. So did Gatefan I believe.
Look Joe, don't interrupt an amusing tale of persecution with stupid things like facts...........
(Actually, I never said it was Colin, because the first time I saw the avi was in reference to:
Check Colin's collar see if you can find the other avatar.
and saying it was Colin would be a bit redundant by that point.

Meh :D

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
I suppose that I could have let you read the 100,000 posts on this site and let you come to that conclusion on your own.

That OM1 said he would let me see this flame hell where all this ugly stuff is supposed to happen, his counter is that you're a racist. Who to believe? Time will tell.

A couple things I do know about this site, you're not well liked here and one member get goatse level butthurt when called out.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Guys, my apologies for putting on my "Mom apron" and wagging a finger but let's try to get the thread back on track to the topic. We can discuss Dr. Who and avatars and conspiracy theorists in numerous other threads that have those topics as central themes. ;)

As for His Dark Materials, I understand that the books are quite successful but I didn't think the movie version of The Golden Compass was that big of a hit that it merited continuation in a cinematic form (either in more movies or in a TV show). Maybe I'm wrong but is there really that much of a clamor from people wanting to see more of Pullman's stuff on the screen? I'm just not getting it. :daniel_new004:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That OM1 said he would let me see this flame hell where all this ugly stuff is supposed to happen, his counter is that you're a racist. Who to believe? Time will tell.

A couple things I do know about this site, you're not well liked here and one member get goatse level butthurt when called out.

Flame Hell automatically becomes visible after you reach a certain number of posts. There are over 10,000 posts in there which are considered NSFW or otherwise offensive. We have created a middle ground between free speech and censorship. :) Also, you can ignore any thread or forum by using the Ignore Threads tool in Thread Tools.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So.... Been watching His Dark Materials with the mrs. Kinda neat. In season two now, there are three. Not sure if more are supposed to be coming or not. I liked The Golden Compass. This show is pretty good quality.