His Dark Materials

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What is the LOL about?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Letting us in on your deep dark secrets....:psychosga:????

Wouldn't it be funny if I, of all people, turned out to be a "sleeper" SGU fan? :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And then we discover OM is secretly in love with NuTrek and has posters of JJ Abrams covering the walls of his home... :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And then we discover OM is secretly in love with NuTrek and has posters of JJ Abrams covering the walls of his home... :)

Now, there's vomit all over the walls because of that! Thanks a lot, Joe! :anim_59: :P

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Bolded= Do you mean Jackson?

Sorry, no Tolkien. Tolkien would go in to such detail you the reader could see his world through Tolkiens eyes.

I admit to not reading Tolkiens works in many years, as his books and writings left me both in awe and tenuous towards the long in the tooth descriptions of everything.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
We sure are talking the same bad movie.

Do you have Colin sort of superimposed over Tom?

To you, the Polar express and the Golden compass are from the same source material?

Is this a newbie hazing you're doing? This sites form of nailing a pocket protector to my chest?

Tom Baker was two steps behind before he tripped on the scarf. Tom Hanks character wore a scarf too?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oops...

I got my bad movies mixed up. The Polar Express indeed had the bad CGI, while Golden Compass not turning a profit nearly sank New Line Cinema.

Even still, Golden Compass was also flat and boring. I agree with Shaved on that.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Oops...

I got my bad movies mixed up. The Polar Express indeed had the bad CGI, while Golden Compass not turning a profit nearly sank New Line Cinema.

Even still, Golden Compass was also flat and boring. I agree with Shaved on that.

Why do you not use the "reply" when posting to someone?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Why do you not use the "reply" when posting to someone?

Just when I am posting from my phone "reply" is erratic. Hence I wind up not clicking on it. Now I am back home.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sorry, no Tolkien. Tolkien would go in to such detail you the reader could see his world through Tolkiens eyes.

I admit to not reading Tolkiens works in many years, as his books and writings left me both in awe and tenuous towards the long in the tooth descriptions of everything.

The thing is, I liked Tolkien exactly because of the detail level. To me it was world building. I also liked C.S. Lewis science fiction trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength) for the same reason.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
The Jacket on the right hand side, perhaps, but the hair behind Colin is definitely Pertwee, Hartnell never had a boofy hairstyle in his tenure as the Doctor.

I put no one behind Colin, must be a trick of the lighting. Why would you and the other guy believe I would photoshop someone behind my avatar? I am totally baffled by this, please explain.

Just when I am posting from my phone "reply" is erratic. Hence I wind up not clicking on it. Now I am back home.

Okay, makes sense, heard of others having the same problem when posting having the same problem. "they" said, they would either copy/paste the whole quote or just the name of the person whom they are responding to. Just a thought.

Why would you think I would photoshop someone behind my avatar? same as I asked the other guy.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
The thing is, I liked Tolkien exactly because of the detail level. To me it was world building. I also liked C.S. Lewis science fiction trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength) for the same reason.

Don't take the "tenuous" as a negative. There are a lot of people that feel the same as I do. There is no other writer imo that comes close to having the reader see in side the writers head to see just what the writer is envisioning.

Sorry about the sometimes painfully short questions/answers, I have macular degeneration .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hey !!! I'm a big Who fan also having watched it from day one in black and white with the Dr being called Grandfather . I am behind now tho as I was not the biggest fan of Matt Smith . My fav's are Tom Baker/David Tennant tho the others all did a bloody awesome job as the Dr . I have yet to finish Matt Smiths run and have not seen the new doctor but now that winter decided to return again like it does every friggin year , I plan on catching up ...
Also I did not like The Polar Express one bit . Just creepy CGI .
And I forgot to Welcome you to the board Errant of Patha .

;) ;) ;)

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Hey !!! I'm a big Who fan also having watched it from day one in black and white with the Dr being called Grandfather . I am behind now tho as I was not the biggest fan of Matt Smith . My fav's are Tom Baker/David Tennant tho the others all did a bloody awesome job as the Dr . I have yet to finish Matt Smiths run and have not seen the new doctor but now that winter decided to return again like it does every friggin year , I plan on catching up ...
Also I did not like The Polar Express one bit . Just creepy CGI .
And I forgot to Welcome you to the board Errant of Patha .

;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

This is not directed towards you, but I ask the whole board about the welcomes when it took over a month to be able to post. When I signed up I was sent an email to confirm who I was, for a month when I clicked on the link, the link read page not found. When I finally was able to confirm to get to probation member AKA read only member, I could not contact any admins directly to ask any questions why it's taking so long to join this site(this piped my curiosity to why). Then I found the contact us at the very bottom of the page, for over a week of sending messages with the contact us while not receiving any reply's, only after telling whom ever is ignoring my messages to deleted my account(because I can not find any way of deleting the account, then and now) that I became a full posting member.

When I said the OM1 is a conspiracy nut, he said he is not, I receive a PM saying he is plus a list of other things. Then two members question my avatar as I have ulterior motives with it, a member posted about testing his kid about Tolkien(could be me seeing ulterior motives in his post after what been through) to being he would test me like he did his kid.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thanks for the welcome.

This is not directed towards you, but I ask the whole board about the welcomes when it took over a month to be able to post. When I signed up I was sent an email to confirm who I was, for a month when I clicked on the link, the link read page not found. When I finally was able to confirm to get to probation member AKA read only member, I could not contact any admins directly to ask any questions why it's taking so long to join this site(this piped my curiosity to why). Then I found the contact us at the very bottom of the page, for over a week of sending messages with the contact us while not receiving any reply's, only after telling whom ever is ignoring my messages to deleted my account(because I can not find any way of deleting the account, then and now) that I became a full posting member.

When I said the OM1 is a conspiracy nut, he said he is not, I receive a PM saying he is plus a list of other things. Then two members question my avatar as I have ulterior motives with it, a member posted about testing his kid about Tolkien(could be me seeing ulterior motives in his post after what been through) to being he would test me like he did his kid.

Not sure what going on either Errant . I'm sure it will get sorted out eventually .

;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I put no one behind Colin, must be a trick of the lighting. Why would you and the other guy believe I would photoshop someone behind my avatar? I am totally baffled by this, please explain.

Okay, makes sense, heard of others having the same problem when posting having the same problem. "they" said, they would either copy/paste the whole quote or just the name of the person whom they are responding to. Just a thought.

Why would you think I would photoshop someone behind my avatar? same as I asked the other guy.

The strange thing is the avatar does look like it has one Doctor superimposed over another.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yah I guess it does because the hair seems to be bigger than the head . Perhaps the person that made the avatar added some extra hair and lighting ...

;) ;) ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You made it a guessing game, naturally, you look for clues, and if you enlarge your avi, it looks like there is someone behind Colin with white boofy hair. Add the black from the jacket, and it looks more like it should be Jon.