Han Solo: A Star Wars Story BOMBS at the Box Office. What next?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I think you're right. There's obviously not much thought behind these films. It's like they're just throwing as much against the wall as possible hoping it will stick.
This particular film made the cardinal mistake of trying to reboot a character (Han Solo). Had this film been a success, we would no doubt be led down a path of more movies with this dude playing Han for some "new audience". Some committee probably had a breakfast meeting about that. :zelenkaanime17: I bet the printers in the departments of those committees and teams have the names of Star Wars characters, And there are likely countless, sad little action figures of Rey and Finn and a Porg or two on people's desks. And the grumpy older dude with the old Luke Skywalker metal figure (painted himself).

We see what they are doing: they have to kill off the original characters and replace them with younger versions or just create amalgams of them in new characters. And they let Kathleen Kennedy do that? They deserve what they got.
I have seen this far too much. The creators can't take criticism at heart. What a bitch. This is why I love the internet. The last place where we can voice how we really feel. I feel sorry for SW fans and the people working at the sets.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They are assuming that Millennials are that group of people. TPTB on many levels have tried to shape an entire generation to be consumers. Disney is in the schools, food supply, TV and radio, retail sphere. They know exactly what they want to do.
It's not just that age group but mainly newbies who have never watched star wars before.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have seen this far too much. The creators can't take criticism at heart. What a bitch. This is why I love the internet. The last place where we can voice how we really feel. I feel sorry for SW fans and the people working at the sets.

They think of JJ Abrams as being a bankable producer? Okay. He does deliver (financially), but he is as much responsible for bringing damage to Star Wars as Kathleen Kennedy. But SJ Wars needs to go.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That's cool. :icon_lol:

The guy should try his hand at acting as he's got an expressive face. He'd probably do good just doing regular roles.
He has done a few roles and also read for the part of Hans Solo but they did not hire him ffs . Maybe the movie might have not sucked so bad , but that ship has sailed now as its all been stopped . Only Episode 9 is still being worked on .
He has a few vids up on youtube and basically its like watching a very young Harrison Ford . Kids a dead ringer clone of the man .
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Guess they should have hired this guy !

He's PERFECT. He has everything down pat and he even looks like a young Harrison Ford. Even the sound of his voice is on point. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
All this crap around Star Wars and Star Trek is so deja vu . This is exactly , exactly the same shit that sgpoo did to the fans , exactly . How many years ago was that now ? I had erased it from my memory and yet here it is again ... Pompous ass hollyweird dinks ,,,

;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
He's PERFECT. He has everything down pat and he even looks like a young Harrison Ford. Even the sound of his voice is on point. :)

Man they need to give that kid some work . Why in The Force's name did someone not push for him to be Solo is beyond me . Imagine all the Star Wars we could of had . Granted , the writing had to improve and stop throwing a mary sue in to save Hon or any other character for that matter ffs ...
;)

All this crap around Star Wars and Star Trek is so deja vu . This is exactly , exactly the same shit that sgpoo did to the fans , exactly . How many years ago was that now ? I had erased it from my memory and yet here it is again ... Pompous ass hollyweird dinks ,,,

;)

It's the same arrogance that destroyed Stargate via SGU and is ruining Star Trek ala STD. The people in charge make some boneheaded moves with the story and then instead of fixing their mistakes they defiantly double down on them thereby ensuring the ultimate failure of the franchise for years to come.

Make no mistake about it, the problem SW is experiencing is directly related to TPTB being narcissistic jerks who don't think they're capable of failure. The industry helps to perpetuate this over and over and over. The turds protect their own. How else can you explain the "success" of Alex Kurtzman? STD has been an abject failure from the start yet what to his superiors do? They give him another Trek series to oversee. :facepalm:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Only way to show these basturds , yes , I spell it so , basturds is in the pocket books . Do not buy anything ST or SW . Do not watch any of there shows , none . There needs to be responsible story tellers brought in and replace these freak agenda pushing sjw basturds , hand them there hat's but remember to kick there arses hard as they go out the door .
As Star Wars said so proudly so many years ago ,,, A New Hope ,,, I am so hoping ,,,

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Only way to show these basturds , yes , I spell it so , basturds is in the pocket books . Do not buy anything ST or SW . Do not watch any of there shows , none . There needs to be responsible story tellers brought in and replace these freak agenda pushing sjw basturds , hand them there hat's but remember to kick there arses hard as they go out the door .
As Star Wars said so proudly so many years ago ,,, A New Hope ,,, I am so hoping ,,,

This appears to already be in play. :) People are telling the studios in the clearest way possible (by not spending money), that these new SJW themed reboots of things are not working.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just saw that Amazon Prime is offering 50% off on renting Solo. It must not be selling very well.

I don't think even a giveaway would do well. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well I do want to see it sometime, I'm just not in any rush. It can't possibly be as bad as TLJ.

Its bad in a story way, not bad in visuals. If you bothered to see Valerian or Jupiter Rising, you get the idea. Superb CGI being used to tell a mediocre, shallow story. This was made worse by carrying the Star Wars name. And even worse when you are supposed to believe that their Han and Lando are the same ones we know from the OT. At least Chewie was familiar. They got him right, but how can you mess up Chewie?

Much worse or on par ...
Good luck
;)
Its bad in a story way, not bad in visuals. If you bothered to see Valerian or Jupiter Rising, you get the idea. Superb CGI being used to tell a mediocre, shallow story. This was made worse by carrying the Star Wars name. And even worse when you are supposed to believe that their Han and Lando are the same ones we know from the OT. At least Chewie was familiar. They got him right, but how can you mess up Chewie?

Wow, I didn't realize it could be that bad. I admit when I saw Woody Harrelson in it that was a check mark against it, but thought it might still be worth seeing.

BTW, did you mean Jupiter Ascending? OMG, that movie is so bad that it's hilarious to watch. Before I got rid of my satellite service they would rerun the s*** out of the movie on various channels. The sheer stupidity of it never failed to draw me in. I was fascinated by the fact that not only did someone dream up such a ridiculous story (the Wachowski brothers) but they actually managed to get it produced by a major studio to the tune of $203 million.