Gateworldl-- the 'Net Police!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Skydiver, Darren and the rest of you retards at Gayteworld: I dare you - I challenge you to ban me from GW!!! :rotflmao:

BTW, if I create an account here calling myself PG15 and misbehave, will you also ban PG15 from your forum??? ;)
Morons...

T

Tanith

Who cares if they are annoyed by that? It is not on their forum so they have no say in it unless they come here and challenge us on it.
To them their members are being insulted based on things they said on their site by another member who is also registered on their site, since its based on content from their site they could argue that it makes it their business. You are essentially mocking their site and its members and they don't need to put up with that if they don't want to.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Now there is a feindish idea :evil:
Yep... :icon_twisted:
I don't think it's right to impersonate other people, but this could show GW just how stupid their policy of banning people based on their activies elsewhere is... :laughing:

T

Tanith

We are constantly mocking their members and their site and there is fuck all they can do about it.
Apparently they can prevent you from posting there (Unless its not obvious that a member on here and there are one in the same).

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

To them their members are being insulted based on things they said on their site by another member who is also registered on their site, since its based on content from their site they could argue that it makes it their business. You are essentially mocking their site and its members and they don't need to put up with that if they don't want to.

Wow cheers for that Aristotle you absolute genius you! So you are saying that the GW whole is greater than the sum of it's parts & that you, a man with little credibility with us & our lurkers (many of whom also post or lurk at GW) can come here & attempt richteous indignation or the moral high ground? Get to fuck.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Wow cheers for that Aristotle you absolute genius you! So you are saying that the GW whole is greater than the sum of it's parts & that you, a man with little credibility with us & our lurkers (many of whom also post or lurk at GW) can come here & attempt richteous indignation or the moral high ground? Get to fuck.

Calm down Robbie or you will blow a gasket -

I would bare in mind that a member there or anywhere else would have to come here to see anything posted.

I also wonder why other posters such as Atlantis has not yet been banned then or Aragon? This feels more like a personal issue, maybe just maybe the mods there could have approached Rac or the admins/webmaster here with there concerns instead of banning one out of serveral posters and causing yet again a mountain out of a little hillock.

Night Fury

GateFans Noob

Wait where does it say that it is GW responsibility to troll through other forums and ban it's own users for what is said in another place? Also why is it only this site? What about the people over on Facebook that are part of the SGU sucks club there or LJ? Can people who have accounts on GW go to those places say the same things and not get banned?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yep... :icon_twisted:
I don't think it's right to impersonate other people, but this could show GW just how stupid their policy of banning people based on their activies elsewhere is... :laughing:

I dunno if this is really the Tanith from GW...on gw he's Tanith709 or something...could this be a faker? ;)

Apparently they can prevent you from posting there (Unless its not obvious that a member on here and there are one in the same).

it's no loss to me...my daily post count there is practically nihil AND it doesn't stop me from screenshotting all the ridiculous things said there either! ;)

T

Tanith

What about the people over on Facebook that are part of the SGU sucks club there or LJ? Can people who have accounts on GW go to those places say the same things and not get banned?

Would say possibly if the member(s) being targeted (based on things they said on Gateworld) found it and complained to Gateworld.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Would say possibly if the member(s) being targeted (based on things they said on Gateworld) found it and complained to Gateworld.

And yet again..>WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF GATEWORLD'S WHAT IS SAID ON ANOTHER SITE????????? god-complex much? :rolleyes:

Night Fury

GateFans Noob

Again where does it say that GW has that right? When signing up for GW does it ask people if we want GW to play mommy and daddy and make sure nothing is said about them in other forums? GW MOD's need to pay attention to GW and harass the people their and ignore what is being said in a forum they have no say in.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You know, we could help the Gateworld moderators with doing their job as the "net police". We could compile a list of Stargate related sites, which break the GW rules. I guess observing ten of thousands of sites, a lot not even in English, should satisfy their control freak needs! :D

Hey & if there is a particularly troublesome website based in Poland, maybe Gatereich could simply march clean across the border. :anubis-pancarte01:

Night Fury

GateFans Noob
You know, we could help the Gateworld moderators with doing their job as the "net police". We could compile a list of Stargate related sites, which break the GW rules. I guess observing ten of thousands of sites, a lot not even in English, should satisfy their control freak needs! :D

Why would we want to make their jobs any easier? I saw make them work at it with them policing the net they can't focus on GW which frees up it's members to regain freedom of speech.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Why would we want to make their jobs any easier? I saw make them work at it with them policing the net they can't focus on GW which frees up it's members to regain freedom of speech.
I'm just waiting for them to delete every post I ever made and my account so they can pretend I was never there! ;) I don't think they realized that this out-right ban has freed me to laugh at them as much as I want...what else can they do to me? ;) I will become GW's worst nightmare....:P well, other than sgpoo getting cancelled! oooh and I am doing the review on the final season premier for SGUSucks.com...:P:P the (poison) pen is mightier than the BAN! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Night Fury

GateFans Noob
I'm just waiting for them to delete every post I ever made and my account so they can pretend I was never there! ;) I don't think they realized that this out-right ban has freed me to laugh at them as much as I want...what else can they do to me? ;) I will become GW's worst nightmare....:P well, other than sgpoo getting cancelled! oooh and I am doing the review on the final season premier for SGUSucks.com...:P:P the (poison) pen is mightier than the BAN! :P

Wonder why they haven't done that with some banned members yet?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Wonder why they haven't done that with some banned members yet?
I, Rac80, seem to be a special case...after-all I have been banned for NOT breaking any of THEIR rules. :)