Funny Stuff you find online (nothing NSFW)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can't understand the "muddin'" mentality. Why would anyone want to destroy their vehicle in such a fashion? Where is the entertainment value in that?

Worse yet, is that among these "mudders", they actually diss each other if somebody's truck has a lower lift kit, or is too "fancy" (you better not take a hummer to one of these, or a Cadillac Escalade!). They value only 'Murican trucks like Chevys and Fords and Dodges and Jeeps, and those mudder chicks are wearing bikinis even though their mud pit is more than 50 miles away from any beach or lake.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You didn't fall, you went in and didn't like what was in there!

actually i was watching some rock videos from 90s and 2000's and kid rock's older stuff popped. then this new stuff came up and then the country western (wtf ever they cal it now) popped---that was the rabbit hole

i still find it pretty damned 'funny' how a guy from up north (michigan) identifies -or pretends to?- with the southern 'culture' and they don't call him on it.

guess they are desperate for big names?

--------------------
"muddin/ mudding" was something some guys used to do up here wayyyy back in the 70's and 80's when big lifted trucks --all 'home made'-- with pretty big tires. it was done out in the woods not in some 'arena' or public venue

it was just a way for a couple of guys, usually teens or young twenties, to get together and show off their amateur handy-work.

usually little mid was actually involved as they went to an old clay mine and climbed very steep slag hills and other clay mine waste piles. log climbing, that kind of thing

it has died out around here, those tires are way to expensive now (like $600 for one) and given the general lack of kids doing anything outdoors nowadays, its dead

someone did try to start a 'smash up derby' near here. it was mainly a way for the long unused airport up the road (only used now by private owners and civil air patrol) to try and make money. it lasted like one summer then went away.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
speaking of mudding :)

in korea, the boryeon mud festival was created in the same named town to celebrate the long history of using the town's mud in cosmetics and skin care items for its high mineral content

no lift kits involved :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
actually i was watching some rock videos from 90s and 2000's and kid rock's older stuff popped. then this new stuff came up and then the country western (wtf ever they cal it now) popped---that was the rabbit hole

i still find it pretty damned 'funny' how a guy from up north (michigan) identifies -or pretends to?- with the southern 'culture' and they don't call him on it.

guess they are desperate for big names?

--------------------
"muddin/ mudding" was something some guys used to do up here wayyyy back in the 70's and 80's when big lifted trucks --all 'home made'-- with pretty big tires. it was done out in the woods not in some 'arena' or public venue

it was just a way for a couple of guys, usually teens or young twenties, to get together and show off their amateur handy-work.

usually little mid was actually involved as they went to an old clay mine and climbed very steep slag hills and other clay mine waste piles. log climbing, that kind of thing

it has died out around here, those tires are way to expensive now (like $600 for one) and given the general lack of kids doing anything outdoors nowadays, its dead

someone did try to start a 'smash up derby' near here. it was mainly a way for the long unused airport up the road (only used now by private owners and civil air patrol) to try and make money. it lasted like one summer then went away.

YES (the bolded). That is how and when I found out about it. A good ol Tennessee boy I got to know in the Marine Corps took me and some other jarheads to one of those muddin' parties next to the Mississippi in west Tennessee, were we all got drunk as hell on Jack Daniels and spent most of the time hollerin' and peeing into the wind out in the open and smoking cigarettes. Thank god there were no cellphones with cameras back then in 1983! Topless drunk women "wrasslin'" in mud and muddy balls in our underwear. :anim_59: To be 23 again....:pride:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
speaking of mudding :)

in korea, the boryeon mud festival was created in the same named town to celebrate the long history of using the town's mud in cosmetics and skin care items for its high mineral content

no lift kits involved :)

That looks so...packaged! But it looks like an official event. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Random shit...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These people are going to spam this shit in one of our faces

Let em. Nothing on this beautiful earth is going to make me eat something I do not want to eat, or to buy something I don't want to buy. Unfortunately, MILLIONS of others will run out straight away and buy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
YES (the bolded). That is how and when I found out about it. A good ol Tennessee boy I got to know in the Marine Corps took me and some other jarheads to one of those muddin' parties next to the Mississippi in west Tennessee, were we all got drunk as hell on Jack Daniels and spent most of the time hollerin' and peeing into the wind out in the open and smoking cigarettes. Thank god there were no cellphones with cameras back then in 1983! Topless drunk women "wrasslin'" in mud and muddy balls in our underwear. :anim_59: To be 23 again....:pride:

all i know of about the 'local' mudding (which like i said usually didn't involve mud) was that it was more about showing off the power and performance of their creations and not just about getting your truck dirty

but yeah, i defi heard of this stupidity, especially when i was down in georgia (ft benning area)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That looks so...packaged! But it looks like an official event. :)

yeah, it was a way for the city to bring more attention to its mineral rich springs the 'potentials (?) of its mineral rich mud

unfort, it has become a big spot for westerners to go to...not many soldiers, mostly amercians and canadians and other westerners going to school and working in korea

screwing the place up no doubt :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This was an AWESOME prank!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahahaha!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I liked Garfield's cover the best.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WHAT AN IDIOT!!

<Also serves as a quick example of just how scripted- and clueless-all of american news media is>>>

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
OMG, that reporter's forehead is the size of a billboard. She's got a "fivehead".

A mountain lion's tail is like 6 feet long. Brushing up against her she would of been in the bushes with its jaws wrapped around her head.

In the dark it looked like a wolf.