First official trailer for EP 7

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
yes but like it has been said many times--we gotta go with what we have been given,so.... gotta love Jar Jar whether you like him or not

Nope. I have the power to keep my wallet closed and change the channel. So, Jar Jar, Lucas and Disney can all eat my sweaty gym socks.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Nope. I have the power to keep my wallet closed and change the channel. So, Jar Jar, Lucas and Disney can all eat my sweaty gym socks.

You gotta actually workout for those gym socks to get sweaty. :ronnon_whistling:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I know one thing...I am certainly not going to wait in any lines or pay silly doubled ticket prices to see it in the opening week. I also know that I want to see it in an actual theater and not download it. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I know one thing...I am certainly not going to wait in any lines or pay silly doubled ticket prices to see it in the opening week. I also know that I want to see it in an actual theater and not download it. :)

The only reason I'm willing to see this movie is because it has the original cast. I also imagine this will most likely be their last appearance in a pass-the-baton manner, which also concludes my interest in Star Wars (episodes 1, 2 and 3 notwithstanding as I don't consider those to be Star Wars at all but rather Lucas's way of making some quick cash to pay off some gambling debts or mob loans or whatever prompted him to make those disasters). :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

I'm torn.

The original cast lure, plus the trailer and the hints it dropped and knowing Kasdan has been all over this in the writing department make me more willing to go to a theater. But like OM I'm not disposed to get in a crowd crush to do it. On the other hand, the last movie I caught in a theater was Guardians of the Galaxy and it was a lot of fun.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

in this day, why would anyone do that for any movie? I guess if someone gets into the big theatre sound then maybe-but i have never been into the sound

the days of "wait 2 yrs" for a film to hit a major network are long over-not long to wait for it to hit any 'mainstream' streaming or pay service

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Agreed on both counts. This movie would be an exception to my "No Theater" rule also. But this is because I remember the awe and amazement I experienced when seeing the original movie in the theater as a kid. So for somewhat nostalgic reasons I would consider seeing it in a theater.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Agreed on both counts. This movie would be an exception to my "No Theater" rule also. But this is because I remember the awe and amazement I experienced when seeing the original movie in the theater as a kid. So for somewhat nostalgic reasons I would consider seeing it in a theater.

Thats my reason for sure. :) I want to do the popcorn, the totally unhealthy theater hot dog and peanut M&Ms. After that, I will download it.