First official trailer for EP 7

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Whats with the light saber ? There making it look like something from king aurther !
The double end light saber I can live with but this sword look just seems so wrong being in a galaxy far far away .

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Whats with the light saber ? There making it look like something from king aurther !
The double end light saber I can live with but this sword look just seems so wrong being in a galaxy far far away .

well--JJ Abrams and....

that says it all doesn't it?

Did you see the fake trailer? it was actually far more interesting then the official one :

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just watchin it now and I agree . Looks way better than the official trailer . That saber thing is really buggin me . Of course I am ony a fan of the first Star Wars to hit the big screen so I won't expect very much from 7 .
Thanks for posting the trailer and the fake one lol . Does'nt the dark suited guy look like one of those monster army soldier dudes from annubus ?

:) :) :)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked the real trailer overall. The "roller droid" is okay and I'm not sure a broadsword style light sword is bad or good - it just is. More important, the tone felt correct, the music was right, you could tell it wasn't a CGI fest and it left me feeling like this could actually be good. Remember this was a VERY brief teaser trailer as the film is still in process.

BTW, I don't think the guy at the start is a Stormtrooper per se. The disc on his back makes me think he is one of the armored "guard units" that various characters seem to have in the SW universe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im just gonna wait and see....Im not really feeling it from that clip. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There was none.....

Really it is a nice quickie trailer overall.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Don't know if anyone ever put this up anyplace

just thought it was a funny "prediction" of sorts and that Lucas is a guy who DOES think things out for a long time

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Where does it GO? :moody:

On the premise that SW will make 4-5 times that amount.
I know, and that's pretty much a given for any big hollywood blockkbuster movies, but you got to ask where they get the finances for this? I guess it could be the amount of turd that hollywood comes out with, but that stuff is hardly worth paying money for to own or go see at the movies. I just rent those to watch or I get it off a friend.

EDIT
I just saw the budget for the avengers...220 million....jesus...and they made 3 times the gross revenue.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know, and that's pretty much a given for any big hollywood blockkbuster movies, but you got to ask where they get the finances for this? I guess it could be the amount of turd that hollywood comes out with, but that stuff is hardly worth paying money for to own or go see at the movies. I just rent those to watch or I get it off a friend.

EDIT
I just saw the budget for the avengers...220 million....jesus...and they made 3 times the gross revenue.

The money comes from the earnings of all the movies in a studio's catalog as well as licensing and royalties paid by foreign cable and satellite providers. In Disney's case, it also comes from many more unique sources.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll just leave this here................

:facepalm:

I freakin TOLD YA that Abrams would ruin Star Wars by changing the small things. He did it to Star Trek, and now he has done it to Star Wars. Putting dumb light hilts on a light saber is already a dealbreaker. I think he has ruined the X-wing too, but we will have to see it in action. I am going to assume he also changed the Millenium Falcon and probably lots of the iconic sounds that are made by familiar Star Wars devices and vehicles and weapons. JJ Abrams Star Wars movie is going to cause a shitstorm...mark these words.

omghefuckedupstarwarstoo.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Do you realise you are the kind of fan that Colbert was talking about?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not seeing the issues, especially as it wasn't even a full trailer but just a really small teaser trailer. The X-Wings look just fine (and look spectacular flying in atmosphere in the teaser) and the Falcon looks exactly like it used to with the only difference being a new antenna to replace the one destroyed in Return of the Jedi. The Stormtroopers look fine and it appears they are putting into canon that the clone troopers (a supremely stupid idea from the prequels) were retired prior to the OT - thus explaining how the Stormtroopers in the OT were so obviously NOT clones.

As to the light broadsword, after seeing Darth Maul's ridiculous weapon something that approximates a broadsword is almost a relief especially if the parallel beams are deflectors. Nor does it mean that ALL lightsabers now look like that, only that the weapon carried by this one character does.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm not seeing the issues, especially as it wasn't even a full trailer but just a really small teaser trailer. The X-Wings look just fine (and look spectacular flying in atmosphere in the teaser) and the Falcon looks exactly like it used to with the only difference being a new antenna to replace the one destroyed in Return of the Jedi. The Stormtroopers look fine and it appears they are putting into canon that the clone troopers (a supremely stupid idea from the prequels) were retired prior to the OT - thus explaining how the Stormtroopers in the OT were so obviously NOT clones.

As to the light broadsword, after seeing Darth Maul's ridiculous weapon something that approximates a broadsword is almost a relief especially if the parallel beams are deflectors. Nor does it mean that ALL lightsabers now look like that, only that the weapon carried by this one character does.

I think it has been left to be, that any remaining clones in the imperial army were coalesced into "vader's fist" 501st legion and into the emperor's guard (the guys in red)

i checked some sites (which claim to be "in accordance with the Disney purge" of canon) and they state that the canon update made no corrections or changes to these prior "facts"

i think that we can look to SW REBELS to see if there is any reference to the clones; one ep already showed a stormtrooper academy on an outer rim planet (the empire is said to only trust outer rim humans for Stormtroop service)
maybe we'll get some reference to clones later (?)

by the time of ep4, most would have aged on anyway or died from combat

there was a canon 'legend" prior to "Mickey's Purge" that some clones that never received order 66--and thus saved their Jedi commanders--went with their jedi commanders into hiding and formed some of the first rebel units

this now seems to be gone though--"purged and flushed"

------------------------

I am not too worried about JJ's changes yet as he is a SW's fan and so he may not dick up SW like he did ST