Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Maybe the writers cynically think that viewers will be able to relate to these stupid trashy characters?

So, are you in for the long haul with this show? If so, I might be willing to tag along...even if just to laugh about it later. :) If I miss too much of this season, I will not bother to come back (like I did the Walking Dead). I give it the two seasons I believe it got as a deal, and that's that. No way it will last as long as TWD. At least that show had me for the first season.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So, are you in for the long haul with this show? If so, I might be willing to tag along...even if just to laugh about it later. :)

I have found nothing amusing about this season so far. I watched the first two *cough* episodes :( online with my constantly finger on the right-arrow. Basically, the first two episodes could have been compressed into the first 20 minutes of the pilot.

If I miss too much of this season, I will ....

... be thankful for not having pissed away time you will never get back. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So, are you in for the long haul with this show? If so, I might be willing to tag along...even if just to laugh about it later. :) If I miss too much of this season, I will not bother to come back (like I did the Walking Dead). I give it the two seasons I believe it got as a deal, and that's that. No way it will last as long as TWD. At least that show had me for the first season.

I'm going to watch it as a laughable distraction, which is pretty much how I watch TWD right now. I'm certainly not going to become seriously invested in it though. The bad writing and horrible acting pretty much prevent that from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have found nothing amusing about this season so far. I watched the first two *cough* episodes :( online with my constantly finger on the right-arrow. Basically, the first two episodes could have been compressed into the first 20 minutes of the pilot.

Like you I too am disappointed that this show hasn't provided any unintentional amusement. That's the whole appeal of TWD -- the ineptness is entertaining. So far I haven't laughed once at FtWD though. :disturbed:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tonight's episode The Dog was just that -- a dog. I know it's the start of the apocalypse and the characters don't know what's happening but regardless, there is zero common sense with these folks. (Example: They leave doors wide open so any old zombie can waltz thru them -- even after two people in the house have had to kill zombies already. :rolleye0014:)

I really hate these characters, each and every one of them. In fact, I hate them so much that I'm going to slavishly watch until I see at least one of them get eaten by a zombie. This crap show owes it to me after watching the inanity tonight. Really, it was that bad. (The only good part was seeing why they couldn't go to the hospital.)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The problem is that the characters are so utterly unappealing that no one would care what happens to them. At that point all the tension in the show vanishes because it is irrelevant if the characters live or die (in fact I wind up rooting for the walkers).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The problem is that the characters are so utterly unappealing that no one would care what happens to them. At that point all the tension in the show vanishes because it is irrelevant if the characters live or die (in fact I wind up rooting for the walkers).

I'm really trying to be objective and keep in mind the blank slate that the characters are operating with when it comes to the story. But still, they all do the most inane things in the face of a dangerous situation. The lack of communication between the characters is ridiculous. I mean, the neighborhood is falling apart, there's a blood-spattered bouncy house on the lawn across the street and instead of talking to the only other neighbor showing his face the weak "father" of the group runs back inside the house. Wouldn't it make sense to talk to your neighbors when you see them taking the trash out to the curb? "Hey Frank, did you experience anything weird last night?" "Why yes Timmy Twatwaffle, I did. Let's compare notes so we're both better informed as to what the hell is happening."

*And if the "father" aka "Timmy Twatwaffle" is so worried that his neighbor will see that he's throwing out a bloody rug why isn't he worried that the garbage men are going to notice that he's disposing of a bloody rug? In fact, why even throw the rug into the trash bin when you could just bury it with the body in the backyard?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget that they are too stupid to get out of dodge - which by now they should clearly know they need to do.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget that they are too stupid to get out of dodge - which by now they should clearly know they need to do.

They've been dragging their feet and blaming it on circumstances beyond their control. But now a deus ex machina development has changed all that for them. How convenient. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They've been dragging their feet and blaming it on circumstances beyond their control. But now a deus ex machina development has changed all that for them. How convenient. :rolleye0014:

Should I jump in or what? Too long and my shields will go up. :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Should I jump in or what? Too long and my shields will go up. :anim_59:

Your brain will begin to melt by the third episode. Trust me on this one. ;)

*OMG, the mom actually pulled out a Monopoly game and started playing it with her grown children. It was beyond groan inducing. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Your brain will begin to melt by the third episode. Trust me on this one. ;)

*OMG, the mom actually pulled out a Monopoly game and started playing it with her grown children. It was beyond groan inducing. :rolleye0014:

Okay, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. :) Im gonna ride this one. Catching up shortly!

I see three episodes at my "source" is that current?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just wait OM....these goobers make Rick Grimes band of fools look like the A-Team in comparison.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just wait OM....these goobers make Rick Grimes band of fools look like the A-Team in comparison.

LOL! Are there just three episodes?

Bluce Ree

Tonight's episode The Dog was just that -- a dog. I know it's the start of the apocalypse and the characters don't know what's happening but regardless, there is zero common sense with these folks. (Example: They leave doors wide open so any old zombie can waltz thru them -- even after two people in the house have had to kill zombies already. :rolleye0014:)

I really hate these characters, each and every one of them. In fact, I hate them so much that I'm going to slavishly watch until I see at least one of them get eaten by a zombie. This crap show owes it to me after watching the inanity tonight. Really, it was that bad. (The only good part was seeing why they couldn't go to the hospital.)

So far, they could have combined the first three episodes into that 1h30 pilot. I just don't get it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
30 minutes into episode 1. That is 20 more minutes than I did the first time. :) I have to put the mouse across the room so I wont forward it...

Bluce Ree

30 minutes into episode 1. That is 20 more minutes than I did the first time. :) I have to put the mouse across the room so I wont forward it...

No, keep the mouse in hand. It will keep you from going insane. This 90-minute episode is 80 minutes too long. Trust me, FF is your friend.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, keep the mouse in hand. It will keep you from going insane. This 90-minute episode is 80 minutes too long. Trust me, FF is your friend.

Ugh...these characters. I don't even know anyone's name except Nick. And Nick is a douchebag junkie. I am skirting fast forwarding by playing it in a smaller window as I type here.

Capture.PNG

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nick looks like a zed and he is not even a zombie. :( Dirty nails, scrungy clothes and dirty oily hair. He just killed his drug dealer Calvin in the LA river channel. But...of course he has turned, and we don't know where he is. But wait! He is in the access tunnel.... And they stand there while he comes at them? After forcing down this first episode, I do like the way they are setting the zed infection up. This show is (so far) easier for me to watch than TWD. Dont know why, maybe because I can relate to the city much more than the rural areas? They have LA down pretty well. The demographics, the Venice Beach scenes and East LA. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Music is too dark...

Why would they not fix the shattered windshield on that pickup truck?

Last edited: