Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am unimpressed with Kirkman. Even his comics have gotten stale and stupid (now we have yet another group threatening the group of fortified towns in the TWD comic - it gets stupid). I'm sick of the pessimism and negativity - he should have had his comics instead focus on these towns expanding and clearing out the walkers and setting up a civilization.

Kirkman seems to be a one-trick pony and clearly he's gonna milk it to death.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Agreed. I was hopeful when he did the two year jump that he had figured out the need for his story to progress to more of a rebuilding story but I guess not.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I find nothing comic about his comics.

That's because Kirkman doesn't have a sense of humor. He is also a turd. A big, humorless turd.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is boring. I wanted to be a part of this one so I can dish it like you guys do, but it is just so hard to watch! I have to force it down. It takes everything I have not to reach for my laptop while this show is playing, and search Google News for more stuff on Kim Davis and George Zimmerman. The characters are so....unappealing. I do not care about any of them. The show has picked a segment of LA culture which I cannot relate to and I have been here all of my life.

Does anyone think this show will last as long as The Walking Dead? I don't think so.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi OM!

See why I said I root for the walkers in this one? They are more appealing and interesting than the human characters.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hi OM!

See why I said I root for the walkers in this one? They are more appealing and interesting than the human characters.

How did they find a way to get worse? So very much worse than TWD? It still escapes me why TWD was a winning formula (and it was, in spades...for some reason). But considering it's run and it's ratings, I cannot fault it for accomplishing it's task of being successful. It was. This one is not like that show. It actually reminds me of daytime soaps I would see playing in the dentists office. Just with better filming and music.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::crying-028::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0c818f619c21b?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV&section=tv

'Fear The Walking Dead' Showrunner Defends Black-Only Deaths

As AMC's "The Walking Dead" progressed, fans noticed an odd pattern. Not long after a new black character was introduced, another black character was killed off. You couldn't find more than a couple black characters on screen at a time. The show was criticizedfor perpetuatinga tired trope: token black guy, only there to even out racial demographics.

Now, "Fear the Walking Dead," the series' prequel, has some fans wondering whether the new show is off to the same irritating start. So far, three major characters have died, all of whom are black. You'd think the writers would have taken past criticism into account, right?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The gal who plays the mom on this show is a really bad actor. Seriously, she stinks. The raccoons that crap in my back yard each night are better at emoting than she is. What's sad is that she plays a lead character and so far we basically follow her around and see the world through her eyes -- her boring, unemotional eyes. This chick is the thespian equivalent of a flat tire. :tealc_new050:

3930fdb88b0259f0de99c84ed31f0975f4bab58a.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The gal who plays the mom on this show is a really bad actor. Seriously, she stinks. The raccoons that crap in my back yard each night are better at emoting than she is. What's sad is that she plays a lead character and so far we basically follow her around and see the world through her eyes -- her boring, unemotional eyes. This chick is the thespian equivalent of a flat tire. :tealc_new050:

3930fdb88b0259f0de99c84ed31f0975f4bab58a.jpg

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::SmileyLaughingTears:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thought you guys would catch that . Only black men having dying zombie scenes . 3 so far right !!!...What the hell is wrong with the writers ffs ... One thing this show has going for it tho is the fact that no one has jumped anybody's bones yet ... But I'm sure it will happen soon enough . I got a big laugh outta crack boy tryin to take out his dealer .

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How did they find a way to make it worse? Actually the basic concept all but assured it would be worse.

Why would we want to see the early stages of the outbreak from a "man on the street" view? Not only has it been done hundreds of times in other venues but really it is hard to create interesting stories in such a setting, especially when you know the end result as this is basically a prequel (which never work).

Then to compound it they decided to create a "dysfunctional family" and as is their forte give the viewer no one they can root for with a straight face. Add in the sluggish pace (again a big issue as they really need to get to the "zombie crunch") and you have a recipe for what is basically apocalyptic Nyquil.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
How did they find a way to make it worse? Actually the basic concept all but assured it would be worse.

Why would we want to see the early stages of the outbreak from a "man on the street" view? Not only has it been done hundreds of times in other venues but really it is hard to create interesting stories in such a setting, especially when you know the end result as this is basically a prequel (which never work).

Then to compound it they decided to create a "dysfunctional family" and as is their forte give the viewer no one they can root for with a straight face. Add in the sluggish pace (again a big issue as they really need to get to the "zombie crunch") and you have a recipe for what is basically apocalyptic Nyquil.

Actually a prequel could have worked if done right. Obviously they didn't do it right though. (Not a surprise with these show runners.)

There really is a ton of stuff that a prequel could address, with plenty of action that could carry on for multiple seasons. A zombie apocalypse doesn't happen overnight so it would be really interesting to see the details of how it began. There is a ton of material there that is not being mined.

I don't mind a "man on the street" viewpoint for this premise but, again, these show runners are doing it all wrong. There's no reason they couldn't show multiple viewpoints, not just that of a dysfunctional family. But we've got Kirkman and crew so we're SOL on this point. Best we can hope for now is to find enjoyment in the inanity of the characters. The show is basically a live-action cartoon after all. A boring one, but a cartoon nonetheless.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually a prequel could have worked if done right. Obviously they didn't do it right though. (Not a surprise with these show runners.)

There really is a ton of stuff that a prequel could address, with plenty of action that could carry on for multiple seasons. A zombie apocalypse doesn't happen overnight so it would be
really interesting to see the details of how it began. There is a ton of material there that is not being mined.

I don't mind a "man on the street" viewpoint for this premise but, again, these show runners are doing it all wrong. There's no reason they couldn't show multiple viewpoints, not just that of a dysfunctional family. But we've got Kirkman and crew so we're SOL on this point. Best we can hope for now is to find enjoyment in the inanity of the characters. The show is basically a live-action cartoon after all. A boring one, but a cartoon nonetheless.

Perhaps the charge of the media these days is to highlight the family in these shows? Falling Skies was all about the Mason family. TWD started out with Lori and her kid and Rick. Jurassic Park 4 is about family. The last Godzilla movie was about the family. Perhaps these shows are doing this on purpose?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Perhaps the charge of the media these days is to highlight the family in these shows? Falling Skies was all about the Mason family. TWD started out with Lori and her kid and Rick. Jurassic Park 4 is about family. The last Godzilla movie was about the family. Perhaps these shows are doing this on purpose?

I know FtWD is doing it because it's cheap to do it from this perspective, plus it's the prefect gimmick for lazy writers. So cheap producers + lazy writers = FtWD. Seriously, this has to be it. The truth is there is absolutely no one clamoring for this story to be told strictly from the viewpoint of a lame ass dysfunctional family.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know FtWD is doing it because it's cheap to do it from this perspective, plus it's the prefect gimmick for lazy writers. So cheap producers + lazy writers = FtWD. Seriously, this has to be it. The truth is there is absolutely no one clamoring for this story to be told strictly from the viewpoint of a lame ass dysfunctional family.

Perhaps the writer of the series came from a dysfunctional family and he is writing what he knows? Ill tell ya, that city is Los Angeles, but I am completely oblivious as to what social strata he is coming from. These characters might happen in San Bernardino or the boonies of Ventura County, but not in Los Angeles. Why bother?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Perhaps the writer of the series came from a dysfunctional family and he is writing what he knows? Ill tell ya, that city is Los Angeles, but I am completely oblivious as to what social strata he is coming from. These characters might happen in San Bernardino or the boonies of Ventura County, but not in Los Angeles. Why bother?

Maybe the writers cynically think that viewers will be able to relate to these stupid trashy characters?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Maybe the writers cynically think that viewers will be able to relate to these stupid trashy characters?

Welll....lest we forget season 1?

Twd-cast-bts-560.jpg