Dean Devlin talks gate

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
YOU DONT HUG??? No wonder you get on a tear sometimes! If we ever meet in person, you are going to get hugged. :biggrin: I havent had a hug rejected EVER. For some older people, my hugs are the first ones they ever got! I love the way the Queen of England got into her hug with Michelle Obama, after decades of "We do not like to be touched". That GENUINE smile she had whilst Michelle was priceless. :)

Anyways, I think if there is a new Stargate movie, it will be AWESOME and have some awesome special effects in it. The movie pyramid ships and snakeheads were way scarier than in SG-1. They also need to stick with the orchestral music. If they try to change the music and allow some no-talent pop star to do it, he will fail. Can you imagine some weak pop tune as the theme? :facepalm:

dude try to hug me when im not into it and youd better be wearing a cup ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
dude try to hug me when im not into it and youd better be wearing a cup ;)

I have to admit, that is probably the most unusual thing I have ever heard with regards to a hug. :) I would never FORCE a hug on anyone, but people who know me see that I hug EVERYBODY and they expect it. New people I meet might not get the hug, but by the second meeting they will get one and every time thereafter. People with odd physical boundaries creep me out. It usually means they were molested as a child or abused by a parent. But, to each his own! Hugging is part of being a human and being a primate. Its hard wired into our brains. Arent there southern Europeans or blacks living in Sweden? Are any of them your friends? If so, how do you dodge hugging?

Anyways, back to Stargate....I think that any movies from Devlin would be AT LEAST 3 years away, and we dont even know if they have been written yet. They have to dump so much that Brad added in later, like the snakeheads. They are NOT called Jaffa, and they do not have symbiotes or Goa'uld System Lords. There is no naqueda or Ancients, and the stargates from the movie can gate to other galaxies with no problem (Abydos is supposed to be in a different galaxy, not the Milky Way). I dont see a way to use any of the TV canon.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Anyways, back to Stargate....I think that any movies from Devlin would be AT LEAST 3 years away, and we dont even know if they have been written yet. They have to dump so much that Brad added in later, like the snakeheads. They are NOT called Jaffa, and they do not have symbiotes or Goa'uld System Lords. There is no naqueda or Ancients, and the stargates from the movie can gate to other galaxies with no problem (Abydos is supposed to be in a different galaxy, not the Milky Way). I dont see a way to use any of the TV canon.

AND NO ORI! :joy:

OMNI

I have to admit, that is probably the most unusual thing I have ever heard with regards to a hug. :) I would never FORCE a hug on anyone, but people who know me see that I hug EVERYBODY and they expect it. New people I meet might not get the hug, but by the second meeting they will get one and every time thereafter. People with odd physical boundaries creep me out. It usually means they were molested as a child or abused by a parent. But, to each his own! Hugging is part of being a human and being a primate. Its hard wired into our brains. Arent there southern Europeans or blacks living in Sweden? Are any of them your friends? If so, how do you dodge hugging?

nope never been molested any i have a few black friends yes but we dont hug instead a hand shake is all.
im just not into the physical contact deal and most people i know arnt either.. cept maybe for women.. they tend to hug and kiss alot here and i admit to taking a hug or two from the occasional women but never a dude... im not homophobic either its just not my cuppa..

and im a hardass in general so try to hug me when im not into it and i will kick you in the nuts to draw the line once and for all ;)
i donno why im like that but i suspect its BC i lothe other human beings in general.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
nope never been molested any i have a few black friends yes but we dont hug instead a hand shake is all.
im just not into the physical contact deal and most people i know arnt either.. cept maybe for women.. they tend to hug and kiss alot here and i admit to taking a hug or two from the occasional women but never a dude... im not homophobic either its just not my cuppa..

and im a hardass in general so try to hug me when im not into it and i will kick you in the nuts to draw the line once and for all ;)
i donno why im like that but i suspect its BC i lothe other human beings in general.

SOMETHING made that happen. Its none of my business, but I knew something was "different"! To me, hugging is just part of my normal behavior. I got them from my mom and dad, my brother and sister and all my relatives from both sides of the family, and from my friends female and male. Its handshaking I had to get used to. THAT is not normal behavior for primates, just like hugging is not normal for dogs. Many dog owners who hug their dogs do not understand that hugging is extremely abnormal for dogs, and most dogs will take it as an aggressive act and will respond by growling.

MEN NEED TO HUG MORE. Black men hug, Hispanic men hug, and white men are starting to hug more because their non-white friends greet them with hugs and rarely with a handshake. I have found that eastern European and southern European men hug as well as Middle Eastern men. Asians seem not to hug or even shake hands. I have a few Asian friends, and they accept and return hugs to me, but generally they dont hug or even shake hands with EACH OTHER. Its strange. I generally LOVE my fellow humans, even strangers. People are here on this planet to keep each other company and provide comfort and support. There is nothing "gay" about hugging another dude.

OMNI

SOMETHING made that happen. Its none of my business, but I knew something was "different"! To me, hugging is just part of my normal behavior. I got them from my mom and dad, my brother and sister and all my relatives from both sides of the family, and from my friends female and male. Its handshaking I had to get used to. THAT is not normal behavior for primates, just like hugging is not normal for dogs. Many dog owners who hug their dogs do not understand that hugging is extremely abnormal for dogs, and most dogs will take it as an aggressive act and will respond by growling.

MEN NEED TO HUG MORE. Black men hug, Hispanic men hug, and white men are starting to hug more because their non-white friends greet them with hugs and rarely with a handshake. I have found that eastern European and southern European men hug as well as Middle Eastern men. Asians seem not to hug or even shake hands. I have a few Asian friends, and they accept and return hugs to me, but generally they dont hug or even shake hands with EACH OTHER. Its strange. I generally LOVE my fellow humans, even strangers. People are here on this planet to keep each other company and provide comfort and support. There is nothing "gay" about hugging another dude.

what you mean something besides most humans being untrustworthy fickle and generally bastards in some form or another? :P
and im not a primate im a sentient being and i tend to trust logic rather then instinct.

no one in my family hugs eachother as far as i know and even if i was offerd one id refuse it in a heartbeat. (im untouchable!! :P)

and i never said it was gay to hug another man i just dont like physical intamacy with anyone besides my special someone and sometimes not even with her LOL.

Tropicana

Council Member
My immediate family is the exact same way, OMNI. My family don't do hugs, let alone handshakes, we just give a knowing nod to each other that's it. Though I do hug my friends. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My immediate family is the exact same way, OMNI. My family don't do hugs, let alone handshakes, we just give a knowing nod to each other that's it. Though I do hug my friends. :)

So strange! In America and Europe and South America, it is RARE to see two non-whites shaking hands. In America, if you see two black men or two Hispanic men shaking hands, they are betting on something. :)

But back to Stargate...it will be interesting to see the interactions between MGM/Spyglass and Devlin in the coming months/years.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
But back to Stargate...it will be interesting to see the interactions between MGM/Spyglass and Devlin in the coming months/years.

I'm actually more excited about this possibility than anything BW had in mind for his little vanity project SGU. It's just so wonderful to be unshackled from that horrible monstrosity that the possibility of someone doing something new and fresh with the Stargate concept is thrilling. There's simply no way Devlin could come up with something comparably crappy to SGU, simply no way.

I really hope the Devlin thing gets traction. :beckettu:

OMNI

I'm actually more excited about this possibility than anything BW had in mind for his little vanity project SGU. It's just so wonderful to be unshackled from that horrible monstrosity that the possibility of someone doing something new and fresh with the Stargate concept is thrilling. There's simply no way Devlin could come up with something comparably crappy to SGU, simply no way.

I really hope the Devlin thing gets traction. :beckettu:

dude enough is enough already stop making so much sence :P as im finding myself agreeing with just about 100% of your posts..

S

Stonelesscutter

dude enough is enough already stop making so much sence :P as im finding myself agreeing with just about 100% of your posts..

You know what it means when that happens right?
Time to get some decent sleep. And if that doesn't work, book yourself into a mental institution. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Just don't try to hug me, bro. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You know what it means when that happens right?
Time to get some decent sleep. And if that doesn't work, book yourself into a mental institution. :P

Shouldn't you be hitting on some unsuspecting woman in cyberspace? :tealcanime23:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good one!

I thought I was.
Oooops. Ooouch!

That's pretty good. Unfortunately you were talking to OMNI so it only follows that you meant him. Hmm...

Still, that's a damn funny come-back. Kudos my Netherlandian nemesis!

S

Stonelesscutter

That's pretty good. Unfortunately you were talking to OMNI so it only follows that you meant him. Hmm...

Still, that's a damn funny come-back. Kudos my Netherlandian nemesis!

I have to try to remain as sharp as possible to be able to come close to your witty remarks.
Too bad I just had me two glasses of whiskey. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Green to you. I am the same way. Don't touch me unless I ask you too, or BEWARE.

You do know that at the GateFans invitation-only screening of Devlin's new Stargate movie Stonelesscutter will try to hug you, right?

S

Stonelesscutter

You do know that at the GateFans invitation-only screening of Devlin's new Stargate movie Stonelesscutter will try to hug you, right?

I'll be trying to hug everyone.
Even OMNI.
But I'll be making sure I'm wearing protection. :P

G

Graybrew1

I highly doubt that anybody will be hugging anyone. Or else. :whip: