Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wanted to see this last night but I changed my mind after seeing the line outside for the 10pm showing. Only the 3D showing was shorter, but I did not want to pay a $20.00 ticket, nor did I want to see it in 3D. Ill wait, maybe tonight?

Still no. :) But tonight I decided to watch the 2001 Tim Burton version, and after all this time it still sucks big time. Even the "reveal" at the end which was supposed to set it up for another movie failed. It was intended to be a huge cliffhanger, but I didnt care if there was another movie after that. It relied too heavily on tropes and cliches and stereotypes, and the story did not flow. I thought about trying to see if it could be watched as a standalone Apes movie, and just no. :( The whole "time storm" thing made everything too convenient for the writers. And the end, as I said, was supposed to be some sort of cliffhanger which was supposed to whet our appetites for the next film, but it failed big time. Travel from one solar system to another in a little pod, in the span of 10 minutes, then land on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial? :facepalm:. Most of the Planet of the Apes aficionados do not count that Tim Burton thing as being canon.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Also note the neatly coiffed humans - freedom and liberty may be in short supply on PotA but the seem to have plenty of lip gloss!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Still no. :) But tonight I decided to watch the 2001 Tim Burton version, and after all this time it still sucks big time. Even the "reveal" at the end which was supposed to set it up for another movie failed. It was intended to be a huge cliffhanger, but I didnt care if there was another movie after that. It relied too heavily on tropes and cliches and stereotypes, and the story did not flow. I thought about trying to see if it could be watched as a standalone Apes movie, and just no. :( The whole "time storm" thing made everything too convenient for the writers. And the end, as I said, was supposed to be some sort of cliffhanger which was supposed to whet our appetites for the next film, but it failed big time. Travel from one solar system to another in a little pod, in the span of 10 minutes, then land on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial? :facepalm:. Most of the Planet of the Apes aficionados do not count that Tim Burton thing as being canon.

And their Nova wasn't a hottie :shame: :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And their Nova wasn't a hottie :shame: :anim_59:

Not at all! She was boring...the ape Ari looked hotter. :) Those apes would still have looked cool today, even in costume. But the new Apes movies have raised the bar considerably. They make the original Apes movies look less polished in both the foundation science of the stories and the continuity. This is high science fiction in these new Apes movies. If audiences get lost in it (no so far), it is because the story is over their heads, not because it is missing. In the Tim Burton movie, the main story being told comes right out of Pierre Boulle's book, but that is the failing of it. The book is not as good as the original PotA screenplays, even though they are based on that book (somewhat). There is so much stupid, dumb shallow shit in the 2001 movie, it was a farce. Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison (the original Nova) were both in this movie. So what? Charlton Heston as Zaius, and Linda Harrison as a woman in the trapping cart? That is Nova (original Nova) as some generic woman in the cart in the 2001 movie.

Woman2001.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not at all! She was boring...the ape Ari looked hotter. :) Those apes would still have looked cool today, even in costume. But the new Apes movies have raised the bar considerably. They make the original Apes movies look less polished in both the foundation science of the stories and the continuity. This is high science fiction in these new Apes movies. If audiences get lost in it (no so far), it is because the story is over their heads, not because it is missing. In the Tim Burton movie, the main story being told comes right out of Pierre Boulle's book, but that is the failing of it. The book is not as good as the original PotA screenplays, even though they are based on that book (somewhat). There is so much stupid, dumb shallow shit in the 2001 movie, it was a farce. Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison (the original Nova) were both in this movie. So what? Charlton Heston as Zaius, and Linda Harrison as a woman in the trapping cart? That is Nova (original Nova) as some generic woman in the cart in the 2001 movie.

View attachment 30139

Well, ppl do fall on hard times and may do strange things for cash...

Even older, she is still better looking, IMO, then the girl who played their new Nova