Continuum

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I just got completely caught up with this show, and what an amazing ride it was! We of course now know definitively that Alec of 2077 was the one who sent back Kagame and the gang, and is pretty much the mastermind behind the whole thing (at least that's what it looks like). And there's some real interesting set ups for next season, with that mysterious "freelancer" helping Kiera to get CSIS of her back, as well wether Sonya actually did manage to kill Travis or not.

I'm really hoping that this gets renewed for a second season, but things are looking pretty good since it is one of Showcase's highest rated shows.
http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...ontinuum+wrap+first+season/7032218/story.html

Oh well, fingers crossed. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just got completely caught up with this show, and what an amazing ride it was! We of course now know definitively that Alec of 2077 was the one who sent back Kagame and the gang, and is pretty much the mastermind behind the whole thing (at least that's what it looks like). And there's some real interesting set ups for next season, with that mysterious "freelancer" helping Kiera to get CSIS of her back, as well wether Sonya actually did manage to kill Travis or not.

I'm really hoping that this gets renewed for a second season, but things are looking pretty good since it is one of Showcase's highest rated shows.
http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...ontinuum+wrap+first+season/7032218/story.html

Oh well, fingers crossed. :)

I am totally hooked to this show. :) I have rewatched the entire season! Like you said, renewal is looking pretty good.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sometimes, just sometimes, really good stuff happens :icon_mrgreen::

SHOWCASE’S #CONTINUUM CONTINUES. SUMMER’S #1 SPECIALTY SERIES RECEIVES SEASON TWO ORDER

TORONTO – August 25, 2012– Showcase announces the renewal of its #1 series that swept the nation this summer, Continuum. The phenomenally successful series will begin production on its 13 episode season two order in 2013.

Continuum debuted on Showcase to an audience of over 1 million viewers (2+), shattering all previous premiere records on the network, making it the#1 specialty series of the summer. Boosting Showcase’s viewership by indexing 117% for A25-54 and 123% for A18-49 versus last summer, Continuum averaged #1 on Sundays, dominating its timeslot (9p-10p) across all key demos. The epic first season concluded with the most-watched finale in Showcase history.*

Continuum was a tremendous success for the channel,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President, Content, Shaw Media. “We are proud to green light such a prolific ratings hit and original series for a second season, and to continue Kiera’s journey through time for our dedicated viewers.”

In the season finale titled ”Endtimes,” Kiera raced against the clock trying to prevent a Liber8 bombing, which ultimately killed hundreds of innocent people. The shocking twist led to an explosive finale leaving many lingering questions. In the search for answers, fans continue to flock to the Continuum social networks to sound off. Since the premiere, there have been over one million page views at showcase.ca/continuum, making it the most visited show site of all time, and averaged over 10,000 Get Glue check-ins per new episode. Boasting over 630,000 video views, fans can catch up on the entire first season of Continuum at showcase.ca/video.**

[snip]
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-showcase-orders-second-season.html

I can't wait for season two! jumpeveryone.gif

Also...
It was revealed today at Fan Expo than Continuum has been picked up by a major US network and will be airing starting January, season 1 and 2 will air back to back in the US (like Lost Girl did on SyFy). Which network? hasn't been announced yet but i'd guess SyFy.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-picked-up-by-us-network.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
For those of you who haven't had a chance to see the show, Syfy will be airing the first season in the US starting in January. They've also picked up the 13 episode second season, so if the show does well that will probably air around the same time as it airs in Canada (most likely some time during the spring or summer months). Thankfully Syfy's only involvement in this is that they have the airing rights in the US, so they won't have any say in the actual day to day production of the show.

http://io9.com/5959958/the-amazing-time+travel-cop-show-continuum-coming-to-syfy-in-january

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For those of you who haven't had a chance to see the show, Syfy will be airing the first season in the US starting in January. They've also picked up the 13 episode second season, so if the show does well that will probably air around the same time as it airs in Canada (most likely some time during the spring or summer months). Thankfully Syfy's only involvement in this is that they have the airing rights in the US, so they won't have any say in the actual day to day production of the show.

http://io9.com/5959958/the-amazing-time+travel-cop-show-continuum-coming-to-syfy-in-january

OMG, I will GLADLY watch it over for the newbies here. This is an awesome show! Truly awesome. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
OK, I've read more than enough hype about this show on this forum, so I'm on board for January and I hope they zip through it the same way they presented Lost Girl. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Continuum was not bad for a pilot. Don't forget good old Jordan Durham from Caprica aka: Brian Markinson is in the mix somewhere.

It definitely has a 'Terminator' feel to it. I think they only recently just filmed the 13th show so far. According to most it was a successful premiere.

is the guy who played the Colonel in SGU in this as well? it looks like him in the clip at first post
--- merged: Dec 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM ---
You've been spoiled brother! :)

I watch stuff on Crackle with my Roku every now and then and every so many minutes or so they have a commercial for...Crackle... WTF? :P

That's just because your cheap :anim_59:

But have you noticed that the more you watch crackle the fewer commercials you get? they do the same on a couple of oth channels that are free like crackle as well

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They're starting to run promos for Continuum on SyFy starting in January. So now I'll get to find out what all the hubbub is about. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I give it half a season..not because its bad but because it is on syfy

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I give it half a season..not because its bad but because it is on syfy

I thought they already have one full season done with and are working on another? Oui?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I thought they already have one full season done with and are working on another? Oui?
i am just saying that given syfy's current record, they could get a whole multi season, "in the can" package and still axe it after they lure back some viewers. i mean they have no commitment to show the whole thing right?

hopefully it will not happen, but i would feel more comfortable if it were on fx or tnt or some other network

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
i am just saying that given syfy's current record, they could get a whole multi season, "in the can" package and still axe it after they lure back some viewers. i mean they have no commitment to show the whole thing right?

hopefully it will not happen, but i would feel more comfortable if it were on fx or tnt or some other network

I don't think networks ever commit to "showing" what they buy. They only commit to buy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Well they were good with Lost Girl which ran first in Canada (and elsewhere I imagine) before SyFy took it on. I guess they needed a guarantee of success, the cowards. At any rate, it looks like they're doing the same with Continuum.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well they were good with Lost Girl which ran first in Canada (and elsewhere I imagine) before SyFy took it on. I guess they needed a guarantee of success, the cowards. At any rate, it looks like they're doing the same with Continuum.

yes, that IMO is another angle in their action--even with the stuff they have on now-reality,wwe, contest shows--all done before by someone else, yes? the "groundbreaking" shows that syfy masturbated to the other night--farscape, sliders, sg-1, sga, bsg--were once their forte. original programming or picking up on something someone else started (sg1, sliders) got them to where they are now. they have definitely lost their edge.

this is why i would not be surprised if they cancelled the airing of continuum on syf if they dont see massive turnout(= more ad $) from the start.

I HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH :rolleyes:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
yes, that IMO is another angle in their action--even with the stuff they have on now-reality,wwe, contest shows--all done before by someone else, yes? the "groundbreaking" shows that syfy masturbated to the other night--farscape, sliders, sg-1, sga, bsg--were once their forte. original programming or picking up on something someone else started (sg1, sliders) got them to where they are now. they have definitely lost their edge.

this is why i would not be surprised if they cancelled the airing of continuum on syf if they dont see massive turnout(= more ad $) from the start.

I HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH :rolleyes:

Yeah I finally caught that anniversary show. I was insulted by the way they tried to make out that those crappy Saturday night movies were so great because Roger Corman did some from them; like they now have cache' as being really cool movies. :rolleyes:

And clearly SyFy execs are now very timid about programming. They have no balls. They hunker down and wait for the SPACE channel in Canada to vet a new program before they take a chance on it. Very cowardly and not a good strategy for success.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah I finally caught that anniversary show. I was insulted by the way they tried to make out that those crappy Saturday night movies were so great because Roger Corman did some from them; like they now have cache' as being really cool movies. :rolleyes:

And clearly SyFy execs are now very timid about programming. They have no balls. They hunker down and wait for the SPACE channel in Canada to vet a new program before they take a chance on it. Very cowardly and not a good strategy for success.

it was if they were trying to construct a new paradigm of 'saturday night entertainment-like the old drive in' in the form of their saturday shlock.

they do not seem to understand that ppl are laughing at them, not with them.

The execs may have good reason to be timid about programming, a show like SGU can explain that. but it was one show. To abandon such a staple of sci fi (space based drama/action) because of one incident seems to be a convenient excuse for them.

I am pretty sure that there timidity is more disguise for their profit/loss concerns. of course it should be, they are a business. but why give up on their core? their sister network -chiller- mostly sticks to their core of horror and suspense shows/ movies and they must be doing ok-they haven't put on the wwe or other bunk to boost profit.

like i said, i hope they follow through with continuum and defiance and what ever else they have planned.

i am just afraid that the will use another 'small' excuse like b&c; they will say "we gave everyone what they said they wanted-a space based show, not enough ppl watched it so this proves the genre is dead-sorry you'll just have to watch haunted collector." and then abandon plans for any thing coming out or coming up.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's pretty apparent the SyFy execs are pretty cowardly when it comes to programming and risk taking. They used to have some cajones but I think those are long gone now.

And as we all know green-lighting SGU was not risky. The SyFy folks took Brad Wright and Rob Cooper at their word because the Stargate premise had done so well previously. The SyFy folks got lazy and just expected the money to roll in. Their mistake was to not demand more accountability up front from those two (the didn't even do test screenings). And by the time anyone from SyFy got around to clearing their throat and asking what the hell was going on with SGU the damage had been done.

So, yeah, the SyFy executive offices are staffed by a bunch of ball-less, cowardly turds, and that includes the woman who ran and/or still runs the network. Even though she doesn't have balls to begin with she could have found some and kept them in her desk. Instead we now get crap that gives a bad name to crap most of the time.