Continuum

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just started watching this show. This show is AWESOME!

I freakin KNEW you would love this show. :) Its awesome. It would do great here in the US, But I dont trust Syfy with it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I freakin KNEW you would love this show. :) Its awesome. It would do great here in the US, But I dont trust Syfy with it.

I wasn't resisting it, bro. I just hate watching shows on my laptop when I have that big-ass smart TV to watch shows on. :(

Syfylys would just air the episodes untouched, unless they acquire the series like they did with SG. It has familiar, known actors from SG and other shows, including Rac80's beloved squishy-chest guy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So you caught up on episode 6 and 7. Julian is turning into a piece of work, but we always knew that sooner or later that one step-son would be pitted against the other step-son. I am starting to love the Jasmine Garza character and Lexa Doig will always be my "Queen of Hearts".

I love her too. She is not getting enough airtime IMO. The brooding stepson activist plays well off Alex. I do wish they would get Keira back in her suit. In would love it if Carlos got a glimpse of the suit because he would be like, WTF? Will he ever find out that Keira is from the future? Lexa Doig's character is interesting. I think Kagane does not like her relationship with Travis because it is dividing her loyalties. Kellogg has become one of my favorite characters in this show too. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wasn't resisting it, bro. I just hate watching shows on my laptop when I have that big-ass smart TV to watch shows on. :(

Syfylys would just air the episodes untouched, unless they acquire the series like they did with SG. It has familiar, known actors from SG and other shows, including Rac80's beloved squishy-chest guy.

If Syfy does that, they will ruin it. Im 100% sure of that. And guess what? Last episode (Episode 7), Dopud was in the episode as a soldier in the future. :) He is wearing spandex (are you reading, Rac?). :anim_59:

B

Backstep

Is Alex in trouble now?
Will the group come to the farm next?

Bluce Ree

If Syfy does that, they will ruin it. Im 100% sure of that. And guess what? Last episode (Episode 7), Dopud was in the episode as a soldier in the future. :) He is wearing spandex (are you reading, Rac?). :anim_59:

I'm watching episode 3 and the show just descended into stupid. Growth hormone is A) not a steroid and B) cannot be "synthesized into a super steroid". Growth hormone is a chain of 191 amino acids and has zero to do with sex hormones (i.e. not related to testosterone or estrogen).

Yeah, I'm nitpicking but all it would take for shit like this is about 30 seconds of Google. It's not even about suspending belief because there's no fiction involved. It's as blatant as saying they're going to pour a cup of Red Bull into a gas tank and, when it combines with regular unleaded gasoline with 10% ethanol, it will turn the engine into a trans-dimensional drive able to jump into parallel universes. :D

I hate lazy writing.

B

Backstep

I'm watching episode 3 and the show just descended into stupid. Growth hormone is A) not a steroid and B) cannot be "synthesized into a super steroid". Growth hormone is a chain of 191 amino acids and has zero to do with sex hormones (i.e. not related to testosterone or estrogen).

Yeah, I'm nitpicking but all it would take for shit like this is about 30 seconds of Google. It's not even about suspending belief because there's no fiction involved. It's as blatant as saying they're going to pour a cup of Red Bull into a gas tank and, when it combines with regular unleaded gasoline with 10% ethanol, it will turn the engine into a trans-dimensional drive able to jump into parallel universes. :D

I hate lazy writing.

I'm getting a case of Red bull tonight:anim_19:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I hate lazy writing.

All you have to know is that this episode reveals that this group requires some sort of complex enzyme to survive, and it is not easily synthesized in 2012. This leaves a permanent weakness in all of these Liber8 rebels. :) It gets better and better. That might be the last episode you dont like.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is Alex in trouble now?
Will the group come to the farm next?

Possible. It might be time for him to move. :)

They still do not know who he is, but there would be a VERY short list to pick from.

It is getting VERY interesting. I cant wait till next episode!:smiley-money-mouth:

Bluce Ree

All you have to know is that this episode reveals that this group requires some sort of complex enzyme to survive, and it is not easily synthesized in 2012. This leaves a permanent weakness in all of these Liber8 rebels. :) It gets better and better. That might be the last episode you dont like.

Don't get me wrong. I like the episode but when a writer has no clue how something real works they should just leave it alone and come up with something a little more vague, like the pituitary gland is used to synthesize a super hormone that bla bla bla.

If you're watching an episode and the main character says, "The car engine isn't running well. We need to add more water to the cylinders", how does one take that?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Yeah, I'm nitpicking but all it would take for $#@! like this is about 30 seconds of Google. It's not even about suspending belief because there's no fiction involved. It's as blatant as saying they're going to pour a cup of Red Bull into a gas tank and, when it combines with regular unleaded gasoline with 10% ethanol, it will turn the engine into a trans-dimensional drive able to jump into parallel universes. :D

I hate lazy writing.

:laughing:

I love that! And it puts the finger on the type of "detail" laziness that ticks me off no end.

Bluce Ree

With so many SG alumni, I feel like I'm watching one of those alternate reality Stargate episodes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't get me wrong. I like the episode but when a writer has no clue how something real works they should just leave it alone and come up with something a little more vague, like the pituitary gland is used to synthesize a super hormone that bla bla bla.

If you're watching an episode and the main character says, "The car engine isn't running well. We need to add more water to the cylinders", how does one take that?

We are talking about generation Xers, mkay? Their answer to that would be: "What's a cylinder?" You could tell them that they can get high if they take lawn clipping, soak them in 1/2 beer and 1/2 grape juice, then let sit for an hour and it will create a super smoke beyond nirvana, and suddenly you would see kids stealing lawn mower bags and heisting grape juice at the market. :rolleye0014:

Bluce Ree

We are talking about generation Xers, mkay? Their answer to that would be: "What's a cylinder?" You could tell them that they can get high if they take lawn clipping, soak them in 1/2 beer and 1/2 grape juice, then let sit for an hour and it will create a super smoke beyond nirvana, and suddenly you would see kids stealing lawn mower bags and heisting grape juice at the market. :rolleye0014:

What if they add water to the cylinders and, suddenly, the car increases in horsepower? Would that make the doping effect of your juice-laden concoction more potent and would snorting it directly from the lawnmower chute as it's mowing create better absorption?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
With so many SG alumni, I feel like I'm watching one of those alternate reality Stargate episodes.

I haven't seen an episode yet but it would be cool if this show turned out to be a quantum mirror universe from SG-1. :icon_idea:

Let me know when RDA shows up.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I was reading over on the Continuum site on IMDB where someone else brought up the idea that there might have been a second Protector sneaking through into the past. In my opinion she suffered some sort of back blast that pushed her backwards stopping her from moving towards the electro-magnetic plasma or whatever it was called. If she did make it through then episode 10 would be the best time to introduce her.

With everyone in the Liber8 having military backgrounds it won't be surprising to me to realize that Kagame will end up being some sort of high ranking muckety-muck or military man. Colonel, maybe? With Sonya Valentine having the military designation "Queen of Hearts" there is a chance that Kagame must have a "King" designation.

The slender building with the green copper copula you see in some shots is actually the ‘Sun’ publishing building. It sits on the north corner of the ‘Pender and Beatty’ intersection. In the opening we see Kiera standing underneath those same street signs. I am not quite sure but she might have entered the foyer of that exact building and used her electronic gizmo to withdraw the $500 dollars. I got the impression that we were supposed to notice this and realize that the Sandler building will be standing there in the not to distant future.

I haven’t heard of any complaints about the Liber8 leaving a real estate agent dead in the freezer of that home that was blown up when Kiera came to call.

As for the other night’s show, Julian appears to be on the move. Something brown and chunky hit the fan the other night and it definitely wasn’t Rocky Road ice cream from Haagen-Dazs.

I noticed that Reunion Pictures is not sitting on their laurels with their modest success “Continuum”. Besides filming two or three mini series over the summer, they have accepted a pilot order from SyFy after hooking up with Brian Fuller(Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, and the new Hannibal). So the long awaited The Lotus Caves: aka High Noon has gone into SyFy development and will be filming maybe in the fall.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Have you been going through JM's trash AGAIN?

Bluce Ree

Have you been going through JM's trash AGAIN?

I learned my lesson the last time I went through his trash for some "great ideas" and found myself elbow-deep in old pumpkin-stuffed goat bladders and elephant anal tract croquettes from his big soiree of nouveau cuisine.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMAO!

I learned my lesson the last time I went through his trash for some "great ideas" and found myself elbow-deep in old pumpkin-stuffed goat bladders and elephant anal tract croquettes from his big soiree of nouveau cuisine.

:icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::happy0007::crying-028::shep_lol::thoranime12: