Continuum

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Rosie was good in this episode. :) She played a very convincing character, and she added some "cool" to the show (as if it needed more!). Im still wondering why Kellog did not fade away :icon_cool:

Maybe they are trying to suggest that being born is a 'fate complis' and there is no turning back; or according to Kiera everyone's family traditions may not be exactly what they were told. It takes me about 10 shows to figure out all the characters names. Kellogg may of thought that the woman was his real grandparent, but maybe his family history is not exactly correct in how he remembers it.

Casting a tiny pebble into a body of water causes ripples. Don't forget?

There is something else to remember. According to their timeline, our good friend Bra' Tac( Kagane) was born in the year 2012 so there might be something in the pipeline that they have up their sleeves, which might be hinted at in the last 5 shows.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Alas it is pretty difficult for us in the US to get the show...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Exactly...

Maybe they are trying to suggest that being born is a 'fate complis' and there is no turning back; or according to Kiera everyone's family traditions may not be exactly what they were told. It takes me about 10 shows to figure out all the characters names. Kellogg may of thought that the woman was his real grandparent, but maybe his family history is not exactly correct in how he remembers it.

Casting a tiny pebble into a body of water causes ripples. Don't forget?

There is something else to remember. According to their timeline, our good friend Bra' Tac( Kagane) was born in the year 2012 so there might be something in the pipeline that they have up their sleeves, which might be hinted at in the last 5 shows.

That is what I dont get... His mother was brought to that exchange moment, and technically there were two Kaganes present in the same timeframe. Within a year, the baby Kagane will be born. Then what? That one puzzles me a bit. Kellog may not have had the intel right. Not only that, but perhaps his grandmother was not Maddy (the girl that got killed) after all. Of note, they were able to have an actual marriage proposal moment, complete with ring! And not one but TWO pregnancy tests, and I did not cringe because those moments were so well written into the show I didnt mind at all. This show has a feminine woman at its center, yet manages not to be a "chick show". I love every moment of this show!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Back for just a second....I don't want to reference 'Lost' where they say people can not alter events, which is a steaming pile coming from a long-time TZ watcher.

I am going to have to go back and re-watch, then re-watch again to see if they slip up and give us something that might give us a hint as to where they will go with this.

I don't think SyFy will pick-up either Continuum or Primeval: Vancouver as they have burned their bridges in Vancouver and have basically moved their operations to Toronto. Is TNT popular in the U.S.?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back for just a second....I don't want to reference 'Lost' where they say people can not alter events, which is a steaming pile coming from a long-time TZ watcher.

I am going to have to go back and re-watch, then re-watch again to see if they slip up and give us something that might give us a hint as to where they will go with this.

I don't think SyFy will pick-up either Continuum or Primeval: Vancouver as they have burned their bridges in Vancouver and have basically moved their operations to Toronto. Is TNT popular in the U.S.?

They wont pick up the new Primeval, even with Amanda Tapping directing it? LOL! Syfy nis not the only party in town. TNT is one of the more popular channels, but CW would be a better bet. Im hoping that Netflix bites at it. :)

So, Syfy burned their bridges? I didnt know that. :(

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I don't want to keep this circus going.

For those who might want to "sample" Continuum. According to my TV schedule they will be televising all 5 shows in a marathon on Canada Day, this Sunday. Whether there will be a new show, there just might be one?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

For those who might want to "sample" Continuum. According to my TV schedule they will be televising all 5 shows in a marathon on Canada Day, this Sunday. Whether there will be a new show, there just might be one?

People in the US cannot watch it, that is what Joelist was saying. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the new Primeval will be in the US either via SyFy or BBC America.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the new Primeval will be in the US either via SyFy or BBC America.

I agree. Its too important of a show to pass up, from an advertisers point of view. Its the main reason it is coming to Canada. I watched all the previous episodes of the first show.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

I realize that Continuum is not available in the States. I was just doing a shout-out to the other Canadian that might drop-by and read our conversations. It's a good bet that BBC America/ Canada has first dibs on Primeval: Vancouver. It's a "what if they don't want it" scenario that I am thinking about?

There is another BBC co-production coming out of Toronto called "Copper", which might be worth seeing. To me, Copper might be a rip-off of another Canadian/ British co-production called "Murdoch Mysteries".

Yes, SyFy, should keep their greasy paws off "Continuum".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I realize that Continuum is not available in the States. I was just doing a shout-out to the other Canadian that might drop-by and read our conversations. It's a good bet that BBC America/ Canada has first dibs on Primeval: Vancouver. It's a "what if they don't want it" scenario that I am thinking about?

There is another BBC co-production coming out of Toronto called "Copper", which might be worth seeing. To me, Copper might be a rip-off of another Canadian/ British co-production called "Murdoch Mysteries".

Yes, SyFy, should keep their greasy paws off "Continuum".

I look forward to every episode of that show. This last one was one of the best yet. :) I think Syfy would take it, then cancel it at it's peak popularity like they keep doing to other shows. They use metrics from (who knows where?) to guide their decisions, and there are obviously no science fiction fans left on staff at Syfy. Warehouse 13 is a great show, and Syfy is already messing with it. Are they sick of shows lasting for more than 5 years???

Primeval has an AWESOME premise, and if anyone has not caught the previous Primeval with Abby and Connor, they need to. Its on Netflix! :netflix:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
For those who say BBC America is the new SyFy this might help prove your case. SPACE is owned by the same company that created 'Saving Grace' and is producing 'Primeval: Vancouver( or whatever it is called).

ORPHAN BLACK is executive produced by Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier (Being Erica), Graeme Manson (Cube, FLASHPOINT) and John Fawcett (SPARTACUS, THE SECRET CIRCLE). Set to begin production in Toronto this fall, 10 episodes of the one-hour drama have been ordered. The series is co-created by Manson and Fawcett, with Manson also serving as writer and Fawcett as director. BBC Worldwide will distribute the series internationally.

The premise of the show has a 'Dark Angel' feel to it. A clone assumes the identity of another person as well as all the ramifications of that decision. Was it 'Dead Ringer' that was just cancelled?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Cool! Good to know there's someone out there picking up the slack. Seems to me that SyFy likes to sit back and wait to see how successful certain scripted shows will be before they pick them up. Lost Girl is an example of this I think. They've done that with a few other scripted shows and that seems to be their modus operandi now -- sit back in the shadows and let someone else do the heavy lifting. How sad SyFy now pales in comparison to other networks like BBCA (and how great that we have options like BBCA to take SyFy's place).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool! Good to know there's someone out there picking up the slack. Seems to me that SyFy likes to sit back and wait to see how successful certain scripted shows will be before they pick them up. Lost Girl is an example of this I think. They've done that with a few other scripted shows and that seems to be their modus operandi now -- sit back in the shadows and let someone else do the heavy lifting. How sad SyFy now pales in comparison to other networks like BBCA (and how great that we have options like BBCA to take SyFy's place).

Syfy seems to be purposely distancing itself from real science fiction in their whole "rebranding" thing. Why didnt they just go for a completely different name for the channel? You still have to say "Sci Fi" verbally to pronounce Syfy's name. It still means Science Fiction.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 7 was AWESOME, as usual. This show is very very addicting. The writing is well thought out in advance, and the plot twists and reveals are done perfectly. I think this show would be a blockbuster in the US amongst science fiction AND crime drama fans. It has a bit of shipping, is slick and has great action and decent special effects. Our man Kagane (Bra'tac from SG-1) is our head baddie. :)

I imagine this show will eventually make it to the US. American cable programming would be stupid to ignore it.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
So you caught up on episode 6 and 7. Julian is turning into a piece of work, but we always knew that sooner or later that one step-son would be pitted against the other step-son. I am starting to love the Jasmine Garza character and Lexa Doig will always be my "Queen of Hearts".

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Just started watching this show. This show is AWESOME!