Continuum

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I just watched episode 12 and just damn. Sonya is dead? :( What about the police chief? They did not say if he dies or not. And Emily...why the hell is she back in the show? :( I have absolutely loved this season and there have been many twists and turns throughout the show. But now that they have introduced this "Traveler" person in the show from the remote past, it seems to be inching into fantasy and magic. Technology that brings people back to life is always a bad sign, because that means that nobody really can die. They killed Catherine from the Freelancers, but is she dead? Even Sonya who was blown to bits, they could just use the time device to go back a couple of days and keep her from getting arrested. They could go back and get Kagane, etc. It is the first indication to me that the writers are losing their way.

Kiera now has the time device, complete and in her possession. Now, if she wants to, she can go back to her own time. Why doesnt she? I am looking forward to the season finale, but I am hoping they really make a splash because this episode was sort of a letdown for me.

Last edited:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Sorry, you might have to add another character to the 'Dead List'. There is a scene where Alec has a meeting with Kellogg when he mentions that you 'will be needing a new board member'.

The writers of this show are giving us a continuous shout-out to previously shot Vancouver shows. In the lake shot I swear I saw Clarice Willow, Colonel Jack, and Amanda Greystone having a smoke to the side of the house.

Good grief when I saw The Traveller I immediately thought of fantasy here we come.

No word on Season 4 just yet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sorry, you might have to add another character to the 'Dead List'. There is a scene where Alec has a meeting with Kellogg when he mentions that you 'will be needing a new board member'.

The writers of this show are giving us a continuous shout-out to previously shot Vancouver shows. In the lake shot I swear I saw Clarice Willow, Colonel Jack, and Amanda Greystone having a smoke to the side of the house.

Good grief when I saw The Traveller I immediately thought of fantasy here we come.

No word on Season 4 just yet.

Yep, the Traveler was an eyeroll for me. He went back 1000 years to found the Freelancers? Okay. :facepalm: We do not know if Dillon is dead. We do know that Sonya dies, also Catherine in the Freelancers. But the Traveler takes away the idea that death is final. If they go in this direction, then this show will become too much fantasy for my taste. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well the finale looks sort of like Kiera regroups the remaining members of Liber8 to go after evil Alec. The biggest issue they have (and it looks like they will try to quick fix it) is they don't actually know how to get the prime timeline back. So really they need to do absolutely nothing until they have a credible plan that works out the EXACT change that created the problem.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well the finale looks sort of like Kiera regroups the remaining members of Liber8 to go after evil Alec. The biggest issue they have (and it looks like they will try to quick fix it) is they don't actually know how to get the prime timeline back. So really they need to do absolutely nothing until they have a credible plan that works out the EXACT change that created the problem.

It is so convoluted now, with evil Alec working with Kellogg, Emily back with original Alec, the soldier from the alternate future, the now "merged" Asian guy from the freelancers cant go back to any particular timeline now. Catherine leader of the Freelancers is dead (for the moment), and then there is the Traveler who has been as far back as 1000 years, supposedly. If they ever have to cancel this show, they can unravel it instantly with a single Reset episode. Kiera now has a fully assembled time device and only Carlos knows about it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It is so convoluted now, with evil Alec working with Kellogg, Emily back with original Alec, the soldier from the alternate future, the now "merged" Asian guy from the freelancers cant go back to any particular timeline now. Catherine leader of the Freelancers is dead (for the moment), and then there is the Traveler who has been as far back as 1000 years, supposedly. If they ever have to cancel this show, they can unravel it instantly with a single Reset episode. Kiera now has a fully assembled time device and only Carlos knows about it.

Poor Carlos, no one ever thinks of him. He's always an afterthought. :moody:

What will happen to him with all this timeline switching? Will he go back to getting pummeled about the head pretty much every time he walks out the door in the morning? Will he ever be fired for severe incompetence? Will he ever attain his dream of someday driving an ice cream truck? Oh the possibilities!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show just went through the roof for me. :) Second Alex is dead, Liber8 and Kiera working as a team. Kiera becoming a freedom fighter instead of a Protector, Kellogg taking over Piron....OMFG! They absolutely have to renew this show. It is probably the most entertaining scifi-ish show on TV right now. Pleeeeease renew it!

up-SBP8I2IV7IOQJHVE.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So I kind of called it right eh?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So I kind of called it right eh?

Indeed you did! What I did not see coming, was Kellogg taking over Piron. That was a complete and total surprise to me. Also, they actually showed the Traveler, but somehow the mystery they are trying to build around him is annoying me. He feels out of place in this show. Sorta magical, like some sort of Sith. They had something going with the Freelancers, but they ruined that one for me when they brought the Asian buy back to life using the Traveler, and "merging" him. I like his character, but lets stop killing him off and bringing him back to life. Put him in with Kellogg at Piron. IIRC, Alex did plant the USB bug in the computer cluster, so they do have access to Piron's central computers. Kellogg is not a techie. Carlos is starting to become more balanced. He is naive, sorta on the dumb side, but he has a good heart and is direct and honest. It helps that he is not a wimp. Kellogg has become one of my favorite antagonists on TV. Elegant, polished, intellectually acerbic, ruthless and greedy. And he does it all with a perfect smile and impeccable taste. :) Why is Emily back? Why kill off Sonya and Dillon, but bring Emily back and start up with this dumb Traveler thing?

They MUST renew this show!

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And they did move rashly and to all appearances may have made things worse (as evidenced by the future soldiers appearance). If they get a renewal they need to have Kiera, Alec, Brad and Liber8 spend some time working things out and figuring out exactly what the timeline change was that produced the disastrous future. That is a season's worth of plots right there.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Indeed you did! What I did not see coming, was Kellogg taking over Piron. That was a complete and total surprise to me. Also, they actually showed the Traveler, but somehow the mystery they are trying to build around him is annoying me .... IIRC, Alex did plant the USB bug in the computer cluster, so they do have access to Piron's central computers. Kellogg is not a techie. Carlos is starting to become more balanced. He is naive, sorta on the dumb side, but he has a good heart and is direct and honest. It helps that he is not a wimp. Kellogg has become one of my favorite antagonists on TV. Elegant, polished, intellectually acerbic, ruthless and greedy. And he does it all with a perfect smile and impeccable taste ...

They MUST renew this show!

I might of killed Jack Dillon off to quickly. According to the newsreporter he is alive and holding on. I slowed down the video and it shows him turning away from Sonya. He might have Sonya's hands permanently dug into his back but there could be a chance after all.

Kellogg is such a classic character - polished and greedy, like you say.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I might of killed Jack Dillon off to quickly. According to the newsreporter he is alive and holding on. I slowed down the video and it shows him turning away from Sonya. He might have Sonya's hands permanently dug into his back but there could be a chance after all.

Kellogg is such a classic character - polished and greedy, like you say.

I did get it that Dillon was not killed when I watched it (I said so) :)

They could easily kill him off if they are renewed and need to cut the cast back. We know Sonya is gone, but in this show anything can happen and for all we know Sonya comes back from another timeline, or from the past, even Kagane could return. Also, Kellogg may have Piron, but Alex still has Sadtech. This show is so unpredictable, it is like a rollercoaster. LOVE IT!

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If I actually cared about this show I would be screaming "SPOILERS!!!" right about now. :ronnon_whistling:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If I actually cared about this show I would be screaming "SPOILERS!!!" right about now. :ronnon_whistling:

SORRY! I assumed you would be watching this show regularly. :)

I fixed that...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
SORRY! I assumed you would be watching this show regularly. :)

I fixed that...

No worries. I'm not sweating you over it. :icon_lol:

Just curious though, it sounds like you're seeing the episodes sooner than us folks that use satellite. From what I understand the final episode doesn't air until this Friday.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No worries. I'm not sweating you over it. :icon_lol:

Just curious though, it sounds like you're seeing the episodes sooner than us folks that use satellite. From what I understand the final episode doesn't air until this Friday.

Season 3 episode 13? I get it from Europe via Avast Secure Line. But you can get any show here: http://eztv.it/showlist/ You need a torrent client. I prefer only the HD files.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I kinda figured bad Alec would buy the farm.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yeah, it was a bit over acted, huh? :) But I did like it. It reminded me of the scene in the first Dune movie when Harkonen had Dr Yueh killed, and he was stabbed in the back and took almost a minute to die. His dying lines were over acted. Bad Alex took about that long to die too.

Im predicting a renewal of this show for season 4