Continuum

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That Emily huh ,,, . She's one bad ass and who's side is she really on is what has my brain burning rubber :) :) :)

Way too much whore paint. A 21st Century "Jezebel" if ever there was one. Such slatternly appearance (and behavior) has no place in scifi. Begone whore of Babylon! Begone! :daniel01:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Way too much whore paint. A 21st Century "Jezebel" if ever there was one. Such slatternly appearance (and behavior) has no place in scifi. Begone whore of Babylon! Begone! :daniel01:

:smiley-laughing021::crying-028::shep_lol:

You have such a way with words....:icon_rotflmao:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I like Jewel Staite! Actually I hope she lands on Continuum - they seem to do a good job writing characters and she has proven in the past that she is a skilled actress. It wasn't her fault that SGA wrote Keller so badly - no actress could make that role work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like Jewel Staite! Actually I hope she lands on Continuum - they seem to do a good job writing characters and she has proven in the past that she is a skilled actress. It wasn't her fault that SGA wrote Keller so badly - no actress could make that role work.

I love Jewel Staite too...too bad it isnt her. :( But I said before, she is a dead ringer for her. Her name is Magda Apanowicz and when I first saw her I thought she was Jewel.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1538095/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t12

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Damn. :( What is it with Ryan Robbins and the almost-mullet AND a ducktail? :facepalm:. I find I cannot take him seriously with that haircut. I notice that the camera angles purposely avoid showing the back of his head (which is wise). I know...what difference does it make? It does make a difference. Think of Doctor Mullet on The Walking Dead. Try and imagine Obama with dreadlocks. Would you have taken Samantha Carter seriously if she had 6 earrings in one ear and a lip piercing?

Capture.png

Im finding it hard to care about the new storyline unfolding with his character because of over-acting and that haircut. He has also showed up in Falling Skies which will be back soon. But these writers will fix him, because they are GOOD. They know how to tie up loose ends and they have filled in the blanks so well in this show...its is great writing. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH WOW! Episode 11 was awesome....the twists and turns and reveals in this show are never predictable, but always cool. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
OH WOW! Episode 11 was awesome....the twists and turns and reveals in this show are never predictable, but always cool. :)

I see that "Continuum" has reared its ugly head on this site again.

OMG, did everyone pay attention to Kiera's 'walk-away' speech. That scene where Lucas realizes that Willie Coyote will never catch the Road Runner. Classic to the core.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I see that "Continuum" has reared its ugly head on this site again.

OMG, did everyone pay attention to Kiera's 'walk-away' speech. That scene where Lucas realizes that Willie Coyote will never catch the Road Runner. Classic to the core.

Ugly head? :( Its awesome! :) I loved that speech. But now what happens to Liber8? They have basically disbanded, huh? If so, it was brilliant how they did it. Now what? Kellogg is now going to be some sort of messiah? And why doesnt Kiera kill one of the Alex's?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Meh, I suppose. I'd still hammer her until the only word left in her vocabulary is my name. Don't ask me why because I haven't a clue why I find her attractive. She has none of the attributes I love in a woman. Maybe it's that badass character she plays. :icon_lol:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meh, I suppose. I'd still hammer her until the only word left in her vocabulary is my name. Don't ask me why because I haven't a clue why I find her attractive. She has none of the attributes I love in a woman. Maybe it's that badass character she plays. :icon_lol:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ewan-McGregor-Laughing.gif
MZc8iYS.gif
Tennantlaughinghysterical.gif

:anim_19:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
We may be seeing the series finale for the show now. I do not think that it will get renewed. It all depends upon Showcase.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We may be seeing the series finale for the show now. I do not think that it will get renewed. It all depends upon Showcase.

It is up in the air, but the key demographic ratings are slowly climbing (18-49). I found this:

http://seriable.com/continuum-cancelled-renewed-season-4/

I really hope this show does not get canceled, because it is probably the best scifi-ish show on TV at the moment IMO. It kicks the hell out of shows like Defiance. Are you watching this show Jim?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, it seemed Friday that they were wrapping up the story.

I sure hope not, but it does look like Liber8 has disbanded, from the last episode.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, it seemed Friday that they were wrapping up the story.
I sure hope not, but it does look like Liber8 has disbanded, from the last episode.

My guess is that, since the future is open ended now, the players are still going to go for their own specific agendas. It's unlikely that they would write such an attenuated end to the show as just having them all shrug their shoulders, give up and walk away.

Remember, it started with Kiera wanting to get back to her family and I suspect they haven't given up that story line. When they do end the show (if they have notice before being cancelled) they'll probably write it that Kiera gets to go back to her timeline but the world will be even better than it was when she left. And yes, her smiling, happy family will be there to greet her.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Kind of miss the "How will Carlos get knocked out this week?" storyline. I used to look forward to the new and inventive ways the writers would knock Carlos out so Kiera could do her thing every week.

frying-pan-head1-300x300.jpg
stock-vector-a-cartoon-golfer-getting-hit-in-the-head-with-a-ball-golfer-grass-tree-and-ball-are-on-separate-42314749.jpg
A_Cartoon_Ethnic_Man_Getting_Hit_on_the_Head_By_a_Book_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100509-137683-895053.jpg
dreamstime_xs_6652469.jpg
y1dCXrbbSh-12.png
cartoons_gardens_198038_tnb.png
vector-of-a-blank-direction-street-sign-injuring-a-cartoon-guy-on-the-head-by-gnurf-66.jpg
Hit-by-a-2x4.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Kind of miss the "How will Carlos get knocked out this week?" storyline. I used to look forward to the new and inventive ways the writers would knock Carlos out so Kiera could do her thing every week.

stock-vector-a-cartoon-golfer-getting-hit-in-the-head-with-a-ball-golfer-grass-tree-and-ball-are-on-separate-42314749.jpg
A_Cartoon_Ethnic_Man_Getting_Hit_on_the_Head_By_a_Book_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100509-137683-895053.jpg
y1dCXrbbSh-12.png
vector-of-a-blank-direction-street-sign-injuring-a-cartoon-guy-on-the-head-by-gnurf-66.jpg
Hit-by-a-2x4.jpg

:shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::tealc_newanime006::rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Or they have Kiera and the former Liber8 unite to try to at least partly undo the apocalyptic future that their own actions have brought about. They could get another season at least out of that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

y1dCXrbbSh-12.png
Hit-by-a-2x4.jpg

I,too, miss stupid Carlos. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Or they have Kiera and the former Liber8 unite to try to at least partly undo the apocalyptic future that their own actions have brought about. They could get another season at least out of that.

I thought about that...but moreso they need to tell the story about the rise of the Corporate Congress from when it is midway through (or is thwarted). They need to get rid of one of the Alexes, and they need to talk about how Kellogg becomes some sort of Moses in the future. In all actuality, to put it as the Borg Queen put it to Admiral Janeway:

"Admiral Janeway is about to die. If she has no future, you will never exist and none of this will happen". Or, in the Year of Hell when all of the events of the two episodes never happened because the Incursion Weapon/ship was never built. In a span of 15 minutes, we could flash back to the moment when Liber8 was going to trigger the time travel device and it is taken away and they are all executed as planned. That would erase everything that happened in the show and put Kiera back with her son. One of the cool things about "temporal mechanics". :)