Considering a move

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Or perhaps Melbourne?
Melbourne.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That spider I posted wasn't Australian...it was a giant tarantula like OM said - a bird hunter if I recall properly.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sure, move to Australia, pet some koalas, eat some kangaroos, get raped by Mel Gibson. :rolleye0014:

roflbot (4).jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That spider I posted wasn't Australian...it was a giant tarantula like OM said - a bird hunter if I recall properly.

Yep. The type of tarantula in that picture you posted is the Goliath tarantula (also known as the Bird Eater spider), and it lives in South America. They do not eat birds and is actually identical in behavior to their smaller cousins in North America. This is an Australian Funnel Web spider:

download.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Wow...see, that is what I meant. :) Every picture I see of Australia looks beautiful! I am just ribbing you posting the creature features. :biggrin: California has it's own share of creepy crawlies, but nothing at all like those giant human sized bodybuilder kangaroos!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hey, He was born there, must be his New York Values coming back to him from childhood :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And I thought in coming here I would miss all that political crap that CNN and Fox and MSNBC would be sharing with their viewers.

Then you read about this incident ... then I have flashbacks about the MacDonalds shooting in San Diego ... then the killing of 29 Palistineans some twenty years back ... then there was that incident at Columbine ... and that incident in Montreal ... and that incident at ...

Now the hate merchants will be out in force over this. Then the poor people won't be buried in peace because that "hate church" will bedraggle all the mourners at each and every funeral saying, "This is what you all deserve?".

Good grief! Its a good thing that I left my TV off all day because I can just see Trump crow about this.

Time to turn on my videos from the 60s where everyone sang songs about peace and love, and respect for one another.

And yet all the papers say that hate and racism has disappeared.

I moved the comments, from the start of it's introduction.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
rising sea levels and all; get out now and sell while your property still has value

This just sorta baffles me. :) I think I will rant in the Global Warming thread, but I find it supremely arrogant that the global warners want everyone to believe that the NATURAL progression and cycles of global climate change is manmade, AND that it represents disaster to the planet. It's a lie, plain and simple. The climate IS changing. But it has always been changing and it will warm to levels much higher than now, and eventually freeze to temperatures cold enough to glaciate Europe and North America. It will happen. It has happened. Multiple times. Yeah, us humans who have been dumb enough to build right to the water might be screwed, but that is not Nature's fault. We can do nothing to control or stop it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You could rant in that thread true. The reality of course is that climate is cyclical, and that we have actually been in a stable temperature range with slight cooling for about 20 years now. Occasionally there are hops up (like this year where it is slightly warmer) but then you have the three years before that where it was cooler.

Back to Bluce considering a move, how about here:

th.jpeg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Come on Bluce, don't you want to move to the Orkney Islands?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Did you know Australia is still an Island..................
Just saying..........

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How about these islands?