Considering a move

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Looks so much like the Miami coast. You're selling me, dude.
Well, I figured with you living in Miami, and the Missus coming from Haiti you would want somewhere warm with beaches. There are other places in QLD or even northern NSW that would fit the bill. Central coast is nice but I think the telephonic infrastructure is pretty crappy which would do you no favours in your line of work.
Whatever you are looking for though, be it beaches, wilderness for escapes, or even snow if you are feeling really homesick, we have it.

Bluce Ree

Well, I figured with you living in Miami, and the Missus coming from Haiti you would want somewhere warm with beaches. There are other places in QLD or even northern NSW that would fit the bill. Central coast is nice but I think the telephonic infrastructure is pretty crappy which would do you no favours in your line of work.
Whatever you are looking for though, be it beaches, wilderness for escapes, or even snow if you are feeling really homesick, we have it.

How is the creepy crawly situation in this area? I'm not really looking forward to waking up with a 4 lb millipede crawling across my bed or a funnel spider hiding in my shoe piercing my toenail. :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
In the gold coast?
Probably just like Miami to be honest, but with no Gators or Crocs.
Possibly more flies...........

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh, and yeah, you might come across the odd funnel web, but at no more rate of incidence than you might see any other spider that is common to Florida.
Seriously though dude, no one has died from a spider bite in Oz since the anti-venom was created back in the 70's.

Bluce Ree

Oh, and yeah, you might come across the odd funnel web, but at no more rate of incidence than you might see any other spider that is common to Florida.
Seriously though dude, no one has died from a spider bite in Oz since the anti-venom was created back in the 70's.

Yeah, well, that's the thing. In Florida, we don't carry around anti-venom. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The-Goliath-Bird-Eating-Tarantula1.jpg

Only 12 inch long body....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Bluce, there's always Venezuela. :ronnon_whistling:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh, yeah? Why does this even exist at the store?

bob-cooper-snake-bite-venom-kit_400.jpg

We have no kits like this in Florida!!
image.php

If it makes you feel any better dude, we don't have these:
coors gun.jpg

Generally sold in shops with signs like this out the front:
ARI security.jpg

I mean, it's your call dude, but there are far less spiders here in built up area's than there are guns in the US.............

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Wow, that is simply STUNNING. Where exactly is that in Australia?
Gold cost Queensland, so just north of the QLD/NSW border.
Nice place, plenty nicer ones out here, depending on what you like.