The hamper and the thousand year old socks
That decay in my hair, too, 'tis a contamination
Devoutly to be wash'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub; No tug;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have soakced out sheets off this nocturnal emission,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;

..............................................................................................

View attachment 7394
:laughing:you charmer you, paraphrasing shakespeare! HA :anim_19:a trophy there my friend. I forgot omni was NOT an sga fan...my bad. :icon_rolleyes:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
To grunt, or not to grunt: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to grunt
The shots and bolts of outrageous firearms,
Or to take arms against a sea of nonsense,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we don't shower
The hamper and the thousand year old socks
That decay in my hair, too, 'tis a contamination
Devoutly to be wash'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub; No tug;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have soaked out sheets off this nocturnal emission,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
View attachment 7394

:lol: :laughing:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
:laughing:you charmer you, paraphrasing shakespeare! HA :anim_19:a trophy there my friend. I forgot omni was NOT an sga fan...my bad. :icon_rolleyes:
actully i am and i was, im just not an idiot with some sick need to blindly idolise random actors and shoving endless praise up thare asses just because i enjoyed a series or whatever they were in.

imo the story makes the show/film not some lame ass "F"-List actors.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
actully i am and i was, im just not an idiot with some sick need to blindly idolise random actors and shoving endless praise up thare asses just because i enjoyed a series or whatever they were in.

imo the story makes the show/film not some lame ass "F"-List actors.

uh huh :McKayrolleyes:

I enjoy seeing an actor "stretch" themselves-- none of that happened on sga...IMHO of course! :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
uh huh :McKayrolleyes:

I enjoy seeing an actor "stretch" themselves-- none of that happened on sga...IMHO of course! :)

Not necessarily. Off the top of my head Torri Higginson did stretch roles on SGA. So did David Hewlett, Mitch Pileggi and Joe Flanigan in different episodes.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Not necessarily. Off the top of my head Torri Higginson did stretch roles on SGA. So did David Hewlett, Mitch Pileggi and Joe Flanigan in different episodes.

Yep - the real World was one of my favorite eps. I also enjoyed the one where pileggi's character was infected/possessed by a gou'ald. There were a couple of good JF ones too- loved Vegas. but there was obviously a love affair with mckay and the writers...I got so sick of mckay! yep not my favorite character! :wink-new:
I think teyla and ronon could have been better utilized as well as the Michael eps...those fell kind of flat -- they just missed being great. I wanted to see more lt. ford and his addiction-- could have been interesting. on a funny side note- Christopher Heyerdal ( Todd the wraith) uses his "Todd" voice for the depressed vampire , Marcus Volturi, in the twilight movies-- with the white make-up I half expect him to try to suck someone's life out with his hand....:smile-new:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
let's be more honest...most of the actors in SGA were terribly under-utilized (except for Mckay who was overused! :smiley-015:) were merely window dressing to mallozzi's love affair with the mckay character! I doubt we saw any where near what any of the other actors were capable of.

You're right, in many ways it became the Rodney McKay show over the years. The character of Teyla was pretty much background wallpaper towards the end. Even how they handled her getting pregnant and the Michael story arc was pretty blah. Obviously Mallozzi is so uncreative that he had to keep returning to the Rodney "well" because he knew that worked.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're right, in many ways it became the Rodney McKay show over the years. The character of Teyla was pretty much background wallpaper towards the end. Even how they handled her getting pregnant and the Michael story arc was pretty blah. Obviously Mallozzi is so uncreative that he had to keep returning to the Rodney "well" because he knew that worked.

I thought it was blah for Teyla to have gotten pregnant AT ALL on the show., but she was pregnant with her son in real life so they wrote it into the show. I would have rather the baby was not in SG Atlantis. They could have "sent Teyla away" on a mission like they did with Amanda Tapping in Season 9 of SG-1. Babies, marriages and even just showing sexual scenes is the fastest way to turn a science fiction story into a soap opera :facepalm:. Just my opinion. :biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yep - the real World was one of my favorite eps. I also enjoyed the one where pileggi's character was infected/possessed by a gou'ald. There were a couple of good JF ones too- loved Vegas. but there was obviously a love affair with mckay and the writers...I got so sick of mckay! yep not my favorite character! :wink-new:
I think teyla and ronon could have been better utilized as well as the Michael eps...those fell kind of flat -- they just missed being great. I wanted to see more lt. ford and his addiction-- could have been interesting. on a funny side note- Christopher Heyerdal ( Todd the wraith) uses his "Todd" voice for the depressed vampire , Marcus Volturi, in the twilight movies-- with the white make-up I half expect him to try to suck someone's life out with his hand....:smile-new:

Michael was sort of thrown in there in my opinion. :( He was freshly let go from the cancellation of ST Enterprise. I wasnt buying the whole "enzyme" thing which turned Wraith into humans. I was not into the mad scientist Michael, who was experimenting with genetics and such. It just took a left turn IMO. I was wanting more mythology about the Ancients instead of so much concentrating on the Wraith. I think more SG-1 interaction would have only been a plus if they were brought there for a reason (ie, finding new Ancient tech). Meh.

If Brad had wanted SGU to be successful, he should have launched the expedition to Destiny from Atlantis, as a nod to Atlantis fans and as a LOGICAL step off point. I mean, werent the Lucien Alliance a threat in the MW galaxy? The ORI too? Atlantis was the logical place to do it. Besides that, the lame finale bringing Atlantis to Earth would have not been necessary. They could have used the second ZPM with Atlantis' ZPM to gate to Destiny. All speculation, wasteful dreaming...sigh. :uncomfortableness:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, the enzyme didn't make a whole lot of sense. Had the Wraith been humans that were mutated by Iratus Bug DNA then it would have been more logical but not with them being at their core Iratus Bugs that assumed some humanoid characteristics from absorbing human DNA.

Actually, I liked the Wraith as aliens. They were baddies but also quite mysterious and some of the things revealed were pretty cool (like in Common Ground where Todd meets shepherd and we learn that some Wraith can actually send life-force the other way as a means to heal fellow Wraith or reward worshippers).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
True, the enzyme didn't make a whole lot of sense. Had the Wraith been humans that were mutated by Iratus Bug DNA then it would have been more logical but not with them being at their core Iratus Bugs that assumed some humanoid characteristics from absorbing human DNA.

Actually, I liked the Wraith as aliens. They were baddies but also quite mysterious and some of the things revealed were pretty cool (like in Common Ground where Todd meets shepherd and we learn that some Wraith can actually send life-force the other way as a means to heal fellow Wraith or reward worshippers).

I liked the Wraith too, but the entire direction Brad Wright took with Stargate was going away from it's roots in ancient Egyptian mystery alien-tech. He concentrated mostly on the Goa'uld instead of exploring the ancients. It was cool. But that is another thread. :). The Wraith were cool, but how could Atlantis have been the only Ancient creation in Pegasus? We are talking about an entire galaxy, right? Why couldnt we see the actual city where Atlantis was BUILT? It was only a spaceship, you know. :) It sure did not build itself. At least we got to see actual Ancients alive. :) The disappointing part was that they had completely shedded any resemblance to ancient Egyptian themes.

This Conan movie....definitely a Facepalm Filmfest contender.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I liked the Wraith too, but the entire direction Brad Wright took with Stargate was going away from it's roots in ancient Egyptian mystery alien-tech. He concentrated mostly on the Goa'uld instead of exploring the ancients. It was cool. But that is another thread. :). The Wraith were cool, but how could Atlantis have been the only Ancient creation in Pegasus? We are talking about an entire galaxy, right? Why couldnt we see the actual city where Atlantis was BUILT? It was only a spaceship, you know. :) It sure did not build itself. At least we got to see actual Ancients alive. :) The disappointing part was that they had completely shedded any resemblance to ancient Egyptian themes.

This Conan movie....definitely a Facepalm Filmfest contender.

I don't recall Ancients ever being linked to Egyptians. I'd always had the impression that they were more in line with ancient Atlantians from Greek mythology. I'd also thought that the Goa'uld were the Gods in ancient egyptian mythology. Not that they were actually Gods but that;s how they were perceived at the time. It also seemed to make sense because Earth is where humanity began, as I understood it in the SG universe, and where they were getting their original hosts. Remember, prior to human hosts they were taking Unas as hosts.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The Ancients never were. The link to Egypt is via the goa'uld pretending to be the Egyptian gods. I dunno where you get the Grecian/Atlantian connection Bluce old son however.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't recall Ancients ever being linked to Egyptians. I'd always had the impression that they were more in line with ancient Atlantians from Greek mythology. I'd also thought that the Goa'uld were the Gods in ancient egyptian mythology. Not that they were actually Gods but that;s how they were perceived at the time. It also seemed to make sense because Earth is where humanity began, as I understood it in the SG universe, and where they were getting their original hosts. Remember, prior to human hosts they were taking Unas as hosts.

The Ancients never were. The link to Egypt is via the goa'uld pretending to be the Egyptian gods. I dunno where you get the Grecian/Atlantian connection Bluce old son however.

Both of you are exactly crrect. My brain is getting foggy these past three days. LOTS OF TOO MUCH WORK! Going to sleep...mumbling something about Merlin and peanut butter....its 2:00am on a Wednesday night, and I gotta build a server and get an eye exam tomorrow, then new glasses :facepalm:. Goodnight! Ill be here tomorrow.

I was wondering if you had gotten busy, Gatefan76! Hadn't seen you. Im sure I will see things more clearly after I have gotten some sleep. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To be honest, I haven't had much reason to post OM.

There's always a reason to post, after all, it's your civic duty comrade. :glee:

To slightly digress from the thread for a bit I have to point out how the demise of the Stargate TV concept has left a vacuum for our discourse. Just the brief exchange in this thread about Atlantis and the Wraith proves how interesting these shows were and how much people liked to discuss them. Such a shame that it's all done for now.

SciphonicStranger

I saw the Conan movie last night. I think I'd rather post about the Ancients and the Wraith too. :tongue:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you brave brave soul....and you have coherent thought left? good for you!

SciphonicStranger

you brave brave soul....and you have coherent thought left? good for you!

I don't know if I had coherent thought beforehand but Conan didn't help. :)