Conan the Barbarian (Jason Momoa)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Jason is on Conan tonight if anybody wants to check out the interview. He's the second guest though so his interview won't be as long; between this and Game of Thrones I'm not sure they'll talk about Stargate all that much.

I'll probably check it out as I enjoy the show anyway; will post if anything interesting is said.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
just staring at jason is good enough reason to watch the show IMHO. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Jason is on Conan tonight if anybody wants to check out the interview. He's the second guest though so his interview won't be as long; between this and Game of Thrones I'm not sure they'll talk about Stargate all that much.

I'll probably check it out as I enjoy the show anyway; will post if anything interesting is said.

So, Jason is on Conan, to talk Conan, but we don't know about Ronon on Conan, is that right?? :P

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
So, Jason is on Conan, to talk Conan, but we don't know about Ronon on Conan, is that right?? :P

That seems to be the summing up of it all :icon_lol:. Anne Hathaway is also on as the first guest if anyone's interested.

True story though: Conan had to license the name from the owners of the Conan the Barbarian trademark holders. No doubt there will be jokes aplenty about the name being the same though.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Gonna have to explain that one to me.
Your avatar is from an anime called One Piece.

Kaizoku is Japanese for Pirate.

One Piece is about the pirate Monkey D Luffy and his nakama (very close friends) who have adventures together as Luffy works to become the Pirate King.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Illiterati, I don't know if I should be impressed or depressed that you know One peice, or even that I do as well :P :laughing:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did someone say monkeys? Tell me more please.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Did someone say monkeys? Tell me more please.
Monkey D Luffy (brother to Ace D Luffy), decided that he wanted to become the Pirate King.

Somewhere along the way, he ate of the Devil's Fruit, and now has the power of rubber.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=836

Again...fansubs, not dubs. And FoxBox thrashed this delightful series when they edited it for content. Popguns instead of real guns...no more swords...Sanji's cigarette turned into a candy cane...that, for some unknown reason, trails smoke...

And sometimes...editing gets WAY out of hand...

402px-OnePieceedit.jpg

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Your avatar is from an anime called One Piece.

Kaizoku is Japanese for Pirate.

One Piece is about the pirate Monkey D Luffy and his nakama (very close friends) who have adventures together as Luffy works to become the Pirate King.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I freakin love that show.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Monkey D Luffy (brother to Ace D Luffy), decided that he wanted to become the Pirate King.

Somewhere along the way, he ate of the Devil's Fruit, and now has the power of rubber.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=836

Again...fansubs, not dubs. And FoxBox thrashed this delightful series when they edited it for content. Popguns instead of real guns...no more swords...Sanji's cigarette turned into a candy cane...that, for some unknown reason, trails smoke...

And sometimes...editing gets WAY out of hand...

402px-OnePieceedit.jpg

Oh wow, I'm going to need to mentally chew on this one for awhile.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
So has anyone seen this movie yet? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Let's just say, it makes the Arnold Scwarzenegger one look like Citizen Kane.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Let's just say, it makes the Arnold Scwarzenegger one look like Citizen Kane.

:facepalm:

I was wondering about that when I saw the box office numbers. :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Illiterati, I don't know if I should be impressed or depressed that you know One peice, or even that I do as well :P :laughing:

Why depressed? One piece is great man. Original, good storytelling, fun, adventurous, and especially hilarious. I like the nakama bond they have. Despite the tragedies and some of the sad plot arcs they have, it's generally a brighter series than almost everything else that's on tv nowdays with all the dark and gritty fad going around.

lol, this movie bombed. Was thinking of seeing it but was waiting for reviews and turned out to be what I feared. But doesn't really speak to his acting abilities really because there's only so much someone can do with bad writing. *cough* Carlyle *cough*

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Why depressed? One piece is great man. Original, good storytelling, fun, adventurous, and especially hilarious. I like the nakama bond they have. Despite the tragedies and some of the sad plot arcs they have, it's generally a brighter series than almost everything else that's on tv nowdays with all the dark and gritty fad going around.

lol, this movie bombed. Was thinking of seeing it but was waiting for reviews and turned out to be what I feared. But doesn't really speak to his acting abilities really because there's only so much someone can do with bad writing. *cough* Carlyle *cough*
After seeing that one trailer, I could hear the Valkyries on their way to the battlefield to drag Ronon...er Conan...to Valhalla...and knew it wasn't going to do well.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The funny thing is they could have simply lifted the story and dialogue durectly from Arnold's movie, put in the new cast and had a vastly better film.

The DeLaurentis film did an excellent job of having a hyborean "feel" to it. This one feels exactly the same as "300" and "Clash of the Titans (new version)" - generic fantasy. The old one did a good job of making one feel "high adventure".

Plus James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom as a great villain.