Conan the Barbarian (Jason Momoa)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
good god this movie SUCKS.. sure it looks expensive but the camera work cutting etc just doesnt line up and work at all no ownder this thing tanked...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
good god this movie SUCKS.. sure it looks expensive but the camera work cutting etc just doesnt line up and work at all no ownder this thing tanked...

Somehow I am not surprised. For all the jokes some make the Scharzenegger Conan the Barbarian is not bad - it actually has the Hyborean feel to it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:( Oh wow...it does, doesnt it? :facepalm: Disappointing. I couldn't make it to the end. :icon_e_confused:

OMNI

Somehow I am not surprised. For all the jokes some make the Scharzenegger Conan the Barbarian is not bad - it actually has the Hyborean feel to it.
aye after watching thi i actually do think the Arnie one is good..

this thing has the look of a hollywood blockbuster but the rest is worse or in the same league as the SYFY MOTW's.... :facepalm:
:( Oh wow...it does, doesnt it? :facepalm: Disappointing. I couldn't make it to the end. :icon_e_confused:

aye such a shame as i was hoping it would be a good move for momoa but man this... this just makes him look bad REALLY bad... i hope he got payed well tho....

and i did make it to the end but wow it was painfull after only 20minutes in..

OMNI

i need to make a mental note about who the director is and if he makes more movies ill be sure to raise the critical eyebrow and tread carefully when considering wether or not to watch it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
aye after watching thi i actually do think the Arnie one is good..

this thing has the look of a hollywood blockbuster but the rest is worse or in the same league as the SYFY MOTW's.... :facepalm:

aye such a shame as i was hoping it would be a good move for momoa but man this... this just makes him look bad REALLY bad... i hope he got payed well tho....

and i did make it to the end but wow it was painfull after only 20minutes in..

Yes, and in about 45 minutes it was excruciating. I am not a masochist. :icon_lol:. I hope he gets a better role later. I dont think this movie ruined him, but it might typecast him with Ronon, then Conan...a "type".

OMNI

Yes, and in about 45 minutes it was excruciating. I am not a masochist. :icon_lol:. I hope he gets a better role later. I dont think this movie ruined him, but it might typecast him with Ronon, then Conan...a "type".
i hear that!

yeah type casting sounds about right... also fits this role imo with the signature sword moves and that jump punch thing "ronan" did on sga...

man all of this movie was just :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just imagine if they had cast Seth Rogen as Conan....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just imagine if they had cast Seth Rogen as Conan....

Well, at least I wouldnt have bothered to even TRY to watch it! I really cant imagine ANYTHING with Seth Rogan as the main character. Not even comedic. He is just plain annoying. Im not certain this movie could have been saved by better writing, since the original story read more like a comic book story than anything real. But the original was entertaining. This one...it just lacked any real entertainment value for me. The story is where the pain came from, along with the awful acting.

OMNI

Well, at least I wouldnt have bothered to even TRY to watch it! I really cant imagine ANYTHING with Seth Rogan as the main character. Not even comedic. He is just plain annoying. Im not certain this movie could have been saved by better writing, since the original story read more like a comic book story than anything real. But the original was entertaining. This one...it just lacked any real entertainment value for me. The story is where the pain came from, along with the awful acting.
yes YES seth rogan = :puke:

and really the story bugged you? to me it was the weird editing that failed to combine what footage they had into a moving story one could follow along with... BAD choises by the editor there really BAD.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes YES seth rogan = :puke:

and really the story bugged you? to me it was the weird editing that failed to combine what footage they had into a moving story one could follow along with... BAD choises by the editor there really BAD.

Yes, the editing was bad too...perhaps worse than the story. But it was still just so...FLAT. The Arnie version was entertaining to me, even if only a passable "B" movie. This one....just :facepalm:.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The joke was that it COULD be worse - it could have starred Seth Rogen (who ruins every film he stars in).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The joke was that it COULD be worse - it could have starred Seth Rogen (who ruins every film he stars in).

I couldnt stand him in Green Hornet. RUINED IT. I was actually saying OUT LOUD "Dude, shut the #$@% up!". He filled every little space with juvenile chatter and ruined the whole movie. Kato, however, was cool.

G

Graybrew1

I am not surprised to read this. I wish he could get some better roles. :(

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I am not surprised to read this. I wish he could get some better roles. :(

Seth Rogan? He'll never take the roles for which he's really suited because they're all 2nd or 3rd lead as the fat sidekick with an eating disorder with a weakness for cake/corned beef/knishes/whatever (yeah, he slimmed down but dump a truck of twinkies on his front lawn and he's back on pork alley).

G

Graybrew1

Seth Rogan? He'll never take the roles for which he's really suited because they're all 2nd or 3rd lead as the fat sidekick with an eating disorder with a weakness for cake/corned beef/knishes/whatever (yeah, he slimmed down but dump a truck of twinkies on his front lawn and he's back on pork alley).

Ummm. No. LOL.
I meant Jason Momoa.
He is most definitely not a lard butt.;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ummm. No. LOL.
I meant Jason Momoa.
He is most definitely not a lard butt.;)

Ohhhh! Ok, I agree. Momoa has a lot of potential in the action arena if they would just give the guy a chance at some good parts.

G

Graybrew1

Ohhhh! Ok, I agree. Momoa has a lot of potential in the action arena if they would just give the guy a chance at some good parts.

Yes, I agree.

The man looks great without his shirt on for sure:D, but can they give him some substance to his roles as well? ;)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Wow, for a recent release this turkey found its way to Netflix pretty quickly. I think I'll check it out sometime this week.