Colony 2016

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Please tell me you did not actually choose to watch all six seasons! :) It was interesting for the first 4 episodes, then I got lost. :icon_rotflmao:

because you are one of millions who didn't get it---not enough out in the open, easy to digest stuff for all of you I suppose?

"lost explained" yup, there is already a thread for that :shame:

and this is no "gauntlet" for argument-just a simple statement of fact from those of us who did manage to keep up with LOST--n-o-t-h-i-n-g to argue about! :beckett_new049:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Meh, you're gonna have to try harder than that I'm afraid. After all, you're talking to a man who has had drinks thrown in his face, has been set on fire (oddly enough by a flaming drink thrown in his face, go figure), has been run over by a Humvee driven by a deranged viking, has been peppered with shotgun pellets fired by an angry mob of vegans, and was once drowned in the surf on Malibu beach by (yet another) disgruntled ex girlfriend (thankfully his next girlfriend was the lifeguard on duty who resuscitated him like Lazarus, whew!). The list goes on but suffice to say if one expects to raise the ire of the "god-mod" one really should bring their A-game. ;)

Nah....

I've had ALL of that happen to me, but I am still dead...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
because you are one of millions who didn't get it---not enough out in the open, easy to digest stuff for all of you I suppose?

"lost explained" yup, there is already a thread for that :shame:

and this is no "gauntlet" for argument-just a simple statement of fact from those of us who did manage to keep up with LOST--n-o-t-h-i-n-g to argue about! :beckett_new049:

LOL...and you "got it"? :anim_59:. It was not that I "didn't get it". it was that I did not LIKE it. It was a soap opera, like most of the other soap operas out there. It did have a different style, and they had a mystery aspect to it but it did not hook me or pique my interest. If a show does not grab me, I do not watch it. Simple. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
josh.jpg

I just watched Episode 2.

This show is AWFUL. I mean just boring and droning and melodramatic and depressing. Remember that brief V reboot on ABC? Take that, remove any cool CGI effects or futuristic motherships hovering over cities or alien tech (not even fancy alien heads up displays). Take away all laughter and humor, and swap out the strong Erica for whiney teary Lori from The Walking Bored. Throw in a scrungy greasy younger Rush from Stargate Universe (or scrungy dirty Nick from Fear The Walking Dead), add some moody music and mild shaky cam. There it is.

What's wrong with it?

The characters are forgettable, and none of them are worth rooting for. We do not even get a choice to pick somebody we hate either, because the ones pulling the strings are aliens who nobody sees (and we will likely NEVER see). There is just nothing to like about it. Who the hell is doing the casting for these new soapfi shows? They seem to think greasy long haired dudes and unshaven faces and manual labor types are cool as show leads.

There are a significant number of scenes where Lori's kids (her name in this is not Lori, but she is playing that same role in this show, so I will call her that), anyway, her kids get kisses on their heads, and we get to see them drawing in coloring books and playing with toys. "Honey, why did you color your tiger blue?" kid says "Because he's cold". Somebody actually wrote that in a script, and it made it into the episode? :facepalm:.

half-star-for-REAL.png

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
View attachment 32506

I just watched Episode 2.

This show is AWFUL. I mean just boring and droning and melodramatic and depressing. Remember that brief V reboot on ABC? Take that, remove any cool CGI effects or futuristic motherships hovering over cities or alien tech (not even fancy alien heads up displays). Take away all laughter and humor, and swap out the strong Erica for whiney teary Lori from The Walking Bored. Throw in a scrungy greasy younger Rush from Stargate Universe (or scrungy dirty Nick from Fear The Walking Dead), add some moody music and mild shaky cam. There it is.

What's wrong with it?

The characters are forgettable, and none of them are worth rooting for. We do not even get a choice to pick somebody we hate either, because the ones pulling the strings are aliens who nobody sees (and we will likely NEVER see). There is just nothing to like about it. Who the hell is doing the casting for these new soapfi shows? They seem to think greasy long haired dudes and unshaven faces and manual labor types are cool as show leads.

There are a significant number of scenes where Lori's kids (her name in this is not Lori, but she is playing that same role in this show, so I will call her that), anyway, her kids get kisses on their heads, and we get to see them drawing in coloring books and playing with toys. "Honey, why did you color your tiger blue?" kid says "Because he's cold". Somebody actually wrote that in a script, and it made it into the episode? :facepalm:.

View attachment 32505

don't ask me what "hit me the wrong way" about the trailers/commercials for this show, but something did-can't really explain it.

just got a general kind of "we are making this show..we know its a knock off..we are trying to cash in on the current hunger games/ divergent maze runner + sci fi resurgence (?) craze" type of fell to it ( ^ie: FALLING SKIES)

like SHARKNADO--but those ppl knew they were making a joke more or less, these ppl take it seriously

I won't watch it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
don't ask me what "hit me the wrong way" about the trailers/commercials for this show, but something did-can't really explain it.

just got a general kind of "we are making this show..we know its a knock off..we are trying to cash in on the current hunger games/ divergent maze runner + sci fi resurgence (?) craze" type of fell to it ( ^ie: FALLING SKIES)

like SHARKNADO--but those ppl knew they were making a joke more or less, these ppl take it seriously

I won't watch it

It feels like a much toned down (and cleaner) version of Falling Skies in terms of character interaction, combined with the last reboot of V. It is a post-invasion series, with almost no emphasis on that and all emphasis on the "struggle of coping", centered around Lori and Scrungyman. I figured that after the first episode would be my last, then I remembered how only watching two episodes of Dark Matter and Sense8 didnt hook me until I had watched three. I will watch one more before I close the book on this. But it is really awful. Not entertaining at all. I would rather watch an hour of a Telenovela...in Spanish.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It feels like a much toned down (and cleaner) version of Falling Skies in terms of character interaction, combined with the last reboot of V. It is a post-invasion series, with almost no emphasis on that and all emphasis on the "struggle of coping", centered around Lori and Scrungyman. I figured that after the first episode would be my last, then I remembered how only watching two episodes of Dark Matter and Sense8 didnt hook me until I had watched three. I will watch one more before I close the book on this. But it is really awful. Not entertaining at all. I would rather watch an hour of a Telenovela...in Spanish.

bolded= thats what the trailers for 5th Wave also seem to imply; less on the alien invasion and more on the family in question dealing with it. these both seem to me to be a HUNGER GAMES + V situation, more or less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll give it a few more episodes.

I will give it probably one or two more, just to be sure it does not do the Magic Transformation in perceptions and become awesome like Sense8 and Dark Matter did. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Only watched 2 eps so far also . Still on the fence with this one . A big fence at that , forgive the pun . Thats one hell of a fence just to keep filthy never showered in ten years scrungyman inside lol . I like the alien mosquitos that show up now and then . There kinda cool . I am gonna do my best to watch the whole first season if I can stand the misery of looking at laurie and scrungyman . Too funny ,,, scrungyman . Good one OM1 ... and too funny ,,, still calling her laurie . Hahaha ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Only watched 2 eps so far also . Still on the fence with this one . A big fence at that , forgive the pun . Thats one hell of a fence just to keep filthy never showered in ten years scrungyman inside lol . I like the alien mosquitos that show up now and then . There kinda cool . I am gonna do my best to watch the whole first season if I can stand the misery of looking at laurie and scrungyman . Too funny ,,, scrungyman . Good one OM1 ... and too funny ,,, still calling her laurie . Hahaha ...

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::smiley-laughing024:

She will ALWAYS be Lori to me. :) Scrungyman could have been Aragorn from LotR, but Aragorn was cool and Scrungyman just needs a shower. :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Let's see if she meets a similar fate to Lori!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You really think this show will last that many seasons? :anim_59:
I just want to see an alien with a bulging belly sitting against a wall with a bit of her hair sticking out of its mouth.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

bolded= Ok, but do they do the "SECOONNDDD MAAASSS!" thing from a bald guy with a ponytail?

If they do,I am in --well no, not really :redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
bolded= Ok, but do they do the "SECOONNDDD MAAASSS!" thing from a bald guy with a ponytail?

If they do,I am in --well no, not really :redface:

This show...have you watched it yet? If you can get through the first episode, watch the second right after that and you can see where they are going with it. The so-called alien occupation is merely a backdrop. This show is about Lori and Scrungyman trying to survive in a vague oppressive culture, and they have a missing son for whom they are willing to become collaborators to find. It's about family and social values and not science fiction at all.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This show...have you watched it yet? If you can get through the first episode, watch the second right after that and you can see where they are going with it. The so-called alien occupation is merely a backdrop. This show is about Lori and Scrungyman trying to survive in a vague oppressive culture, and they have a missing son for whom they are willing to become collaborators to find. It's about family and social values and not science fiction at all.

sounds more and more like the 5th wave trailer

i guess now i don't need to see either one! :daniel_new_anime021: