Colony 2016

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From what i have found, the show is about alien reptile-ic invaders who have taken the Earth. I'm hoping for a similar show to the original V.

Where did you read this? I would like to know more of what is to come because if it gets no better than what I saw in that pilot, I won't be interested in watching another episode.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
Where did you read this? I would like to know more of what is to come because if it gets no better than what I saw in that pilot, I won't be interested in watching another episode.

It took me many sources to find anything, maybe try the wiki and entertainment sites. One I remember said the aliens are called reps, short for reptiles.

As for the "family", how many story's do not have a similar theme? Being it a family or a core group of characters(a pseudo-family) where a episode deals with a member of said family, repeat with different character next week.

I said before, if the show becomes to sappy or angst-y with pure character development over story and plot, I'm gone.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
Please tell me you did not actually choose to watch all six seasons! :) It was interesting for the first 4 episodes, then I got lost. :icon_rotflmao:
Two words for you OM1. Fuck you!

Three more. I'm outta here.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Um, you forgot this smiley: :P.

If you were serious, then don't bother with those three. ;) Thin skins do not do well here.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It took me many sources to find anything, maybe try the wiki and entertainment sites. One I remember said the aliens are called reps, short for reptiles.

As for the "family", how many story's do not have a similar theme? Being it a family or a core group of characters(a pseudo-family) where a episode deals with a member of said family, repeat with different character next week.

I said before, if the show becomes to sappy or angst-y with pure character development over story and plot, I'm gone.

Im seeing many parallels with the setup of the most recent V reboot show. The collaborator element, the teen kid (this one adds a young daughter too), and the setup of the dynamic between the wife and her newly collaborator husband. She will pass info on to the Resistance without telling her husband, and the kid will probably become torn between the collaborators and the resistance. This one is different in that there are no alien ships hovering over anything (it's a wall now), and we do not see them and none of them are characters in the story yet.

I think they need to introduce the aliens ASAP if they want to draw an audience. Otherwise, it's an opening act that stays on the stage too long.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched the trailer for lost and fell asleep.

I watched 4 episodes, because the first episode was mysterious and intriguing. Then I realized that the show was baiting me in.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I watched 4 episodes, because the first episode was mysterious and intriguing. Then I realized that the show was baiting me in.
Watch invisible man (2000) instead. Way, way better :). It's light sci-fi but more drama and comedy. For its time it was good, but because of money reasons, the show was cancelled by no other than our good old friend Syfy

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Meh, you're gonna have to try harder than that I'm afraid. After all, you're talking to a man who has had drinks thrown in his face, has been set on fire (oddly enough by a flaming drink thrown in his face, go figure), has been run over by a Humvee driven by a deranged viking, has been peppered with shotgun pellets fired by an angry mob of vegans, and was once drowned in the surf on Malibu beach by (yet another) disgruntled ex girlfriend (thankfully his next girlfriend was the lifeguard on duty who resuscitated him like Lazarus, whew!). The list goes on but suffice to say if one expects to raise the ire of the "god-mod" one really should bring their A-game. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meh, you're gonna have to try harder than that I'm afraid. After all, you're talking to a man who has had drinks thrown in his face, has been set on fire (oddly enough by a flaming drink thrown in his face, go figure), has been run over by a Humvee driven by a deranged viking, has been peppered with shotgun pellets fired by an angry mob of vegans, and was once drowned in the surf on Malibu beach by (yet another) disgruntled ex girlfriend (thankfully his next girlfriend was the lifeguard on duty who resuscitated him like Lazarus, whew!). The list goes on but suffice to say if one expects to raise the ire of the "god-mod" one really should bring their A-game. ;)

:daniel_new_anime021::shep_lol:

Did he really explode because I don't like Lost, and said something bad about it?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I never expected that kind of loyalty to LOST. :anim_59:

Okay? It just was not all that. I thought that the premise was going to go somewhere, but then it was made clear that the mystery was part of the whole thing and I was just supposed to keep watching and never get answers, and I was supposed to find enjoyment in figuring out what the hell the writers were talking about. It just was not that intriguing to me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back to this show....

Okay from what I am reading about this show, the whole thing revolves around this family and their struggles during the occupation. THAT is the center of the story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Set in the near future, Colony centers on a family headed up by Holloway and Callies who must make difficult decisions as they balance staying together with trying to survive. They live in L.A., which has been occupied by a force of outside intruders. While some people have chosen to collaborate with the authorities and benefit from the new order, others have rebelled and suffer the consequences.

soap-opera-logo.png

Bored-Cat-on-Computer.jpg

From the Wiki:

Plot

In a dystopian, near-future Los Angeles, California a couple, Katie (Callies) and Will (Holloway) Bowman live with two children, under a regime of military occupation, by an organization known as the Colony Transitional Authority. They are part of a larger invading force, of extraterrestrial origin, who are referred to as the Hosts, and as theRaps, apparently a reference to raptors (the logo of their human forces features a stylized bird of prey). It is said of them that "no one ever sees them". An enormous wall, as tall as a skyscraper and hundreds of yards thick, surrounds Los Angeles and other major cities (now called Blocs), while various buildings still display severe damage from armed conflict during the invasion, known as the Arrival. The geographical extent of the alien invasion is unclear, but presumably worldwide. The occupying forces shown to the viewers are all human, speak American English, and consist of black-and-red-uniformed militarized police with automatic weapons and armored personnel carriers. They are nicknamed the Redhats, and more properly called, along with a privileged class of elites, the Proxies, also denigrated as the Collaborators, suggesting that they were all drawn by the Hosts from the local population. The Redhats are also referred to as Homeland Security. These forces maintain control by separation of loved ones, shoot-on-sight curfews, capricious "disappearing" of citizens at gunpoint, random checkpoints and frequent electronic identity checks, limiting of motor vehicle usage to official transport by special permit only (most citizens must walk or ride bicycles), pervasive visual propaganda, slave labor in a facility called the Factory for any transgressors (and their families) who are not executed, and electronic surveillance with drone aircraft that appear to use some form of anti-gravity. Many medical problems, such as diabetes, have been "deemed unworthy for treatment" by the Hosts, to cull the population with a crude form of eugenics. There is an active resistance movement referred to as both the Resistance and the Insurgency (without universal support among the population, even among non-Collaborators), alongside a black market, though both are subject to ruthless suppression. Most basic resources appear to be provided on a rationed basis by the unseen occupation authorities, while limited, secretive trade is conducted between citizens by bartering home-produced and stolen goods. The Collaborators believe that the Hosts (whom they refer to as "our Hosts") will leave Earth after taking the resources they need. The Bowmans, who are involved in the Resistance, seek their middle child (younger son), Charlie, who was separated from them during the Arrival, while they try to survive with meager resources in a changed world that is constantly dangerous despite its urban veneer of order. They are suddenly thrust into the position of acting as double agents.

3138624.gif

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

And just think about all the stuff Shaved left out...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm ,,,is the site all messed up ? My post is there 3 times ... The forum was down earlier today for a bit and all I had was a orange screen with non working links ...