Cauliflower "steaks"? Why do vegetarians/vegans constantly try to replace the names of foods?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BAHAHAHA! I would love to sub out actual meat and put it in those packages for my vegan associates! BTW, I think I mentioned earlier that the two people who inspired this thread are no longer a couple and the guy has gone back to eating meat like a carnivore. Vegan chick is now "ovo-lacto" vegetarian from vegan after passing out with anemia at work :rolleye0014:.

Gimme...

View attachment 32687

I love this place...stuff here from two years ago is funny to read sometimes. The chick I was talking about here, who was with my buddy Bill (who has since moved to New Mexico), she was a mad, zombie-looking vegan in 2016 when this thread was made. Now, in 2018, she is married and is a FULL carnivore/omnivore, and has put on a bit of poundage. AND....she has a dog now. Amazing how time rolls along. I happened to run into her at the market where I used to live (I was shopping there). She came up to me and asked me about my friend, and I told her he moved out of state. And in her cart was meat. :) She noticed me looking, and explained how she was married and how she made a mistake with her choices, and apologized for her part in the death of the dog. Then, she showed me pictures of her new dog.

I wish sometimes that the mundane little threads in my life and the lives of others could be captured and shared in the form of "episodes".