Cauliflower "steaks"? Why do vegetarians/vegans constantly try to replace the names of foods?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Humans DO have fangs, they're just a lot more blunt than they once were. We're designed to be omnivores. Hell, I've known horses and rabbits who would eat meat when given the opportunity (really).

No vegan I have ever seen has looked healthy to me. Bony bodies and pale, pale skin. Not a good thing at all.

Pisses me off to no end when they put their kids on the same kind of diet. Kids NEED proper complete proteins in order to grow up properly.

Horses will rip a human's pocket open to get to tasty bag of chewing tobacco.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Horses will rip a human's pocket open to get to tasty bag of chewing tobacco.

They will also drink soda pop if offered. I love horses. :) They are very human-friendly when domesticated. They can be in a 10 acre field free to run anywhere they want and if a human shows up they will come to him or her even if they are strangers. But Lit is right, many horses, rodents and other "vegetarian" animals will eat meat under certain circumstances. They already eat tons of insects in their diets of vegetation that gives them proteins they lack from eating meat.

NOTE: Vegans and Vegetarians WOULD be getting adequate protein if they included insects in their diet which would come from the plants if they were harvested in the wild naturally.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They will also drink soda pop if offered. I love horses. :) They are very human-friendly when domesticated. They can be in a 10 acre field free to run anywhere they want and if a human shows up they will come to him or her even if they are strangers. But Lit is right, many horses, rodents and other "vegetarian" animals will eat meat under certain circumstances. They already eat tons of insects in their diets of vegetation that gives them proteins they lack from eating meat.

NOTE: Vegans and Vegetarians WOULD be getting adequate protein if they included insects in their diet which would come from the plants if they were harvested in the wild naturally.
Oh, they'd have a problem even with the insects.

My horse would walk up to me and steal bites off my fried chicken leg quarters. He also liked bagels and cream cheese, quesadillas and fresh baked bread.

The rabbits also liked fried chicken. I wonder if it tasted like human?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, they'd have a problem even with the insects.

My horse would walk up to me and steal bites off my fried chicken leg quarters. He also liked bagels and cream cheese, quesadillas and fresh baked bread.

The rabbits also liked fried chicken. I wonder if it tasted like human?

:icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::lol:

LOL! Here is a vid of a rabbit who is fond of McNuggets:

Here is an eye opener to pious vegetarians who assume that many animals are 100% vegetarian. Here is a wild deer being filmed from inside a house, which finds and eats a baby bird which is on the ground. It deliberately follows and finds the bird and chews it before swallowing:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Meanwhile a lot of dogs while being carnivores also love vegetables. Mine lusts after raw green peppers, radishes, mushrooms, broccoli and garlic (not that she gets it but she wants it a lot).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
My cat loved cantalope. ;) (and was scared of mice - she thought all meat came from cans I swear! :P )

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
One of our cats loves to steal the Chinese pea pods out of my Wor Wonton soup and the broccoli from my beef with broccoli.

I've tried to tell him that he's a true carnivore, but he's not listening.
10604551_1663293857229517_6262628539536287119_o.jpg

Jeff is the vegetable thief. The white one doesn't touch people food.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Was the cat an orphan? I thought that all cats like to play with, kill, and eat mice.

nope she thought she was the dog's puppy from time to time (she allowed the dog to carry her around by her scruff when she was lazy) the rest of the time she KNEW she ruled the house. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One of our cats loves to steal the Chinese pea pods out of my Wor Wonton soup and the broccoli from my beef with broccoli.

I've tried to tell him that he's a true carnivore, but he's not listening.
10604551_1663293857229517_6262628539536287119_o.jpg

Jeff is the vegetable thief. The white one doesn't touch people food.

Jeff is such a cool cat. :) He has a good cat personality like my Siete does. Jeff likes the pea pods! LOL, I can picture him nabbing it and then trotting away under a bed or somewhere to eat it, knowing you want to take it away from him. :anim_59: Broccoli...that is one I gotta try on my cat. :)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

I know of one fiction writer (Wilbur Smith, River God) who was under the impression that the emotional state of horses was easily read by humans.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know of one fiction writer (Wilbur Smith, River God) who was under the impression that the emotional state of horses was easily read by humans.

I believe that. :). I have spent lots of time around horses throughout my life, and that seems like the case. They are fascinating.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Cats are the ones which MUST eat meat. They are obligate carnivores and they cannot be vegetarian. Also, this thread is not about all-meat eaters, because I have never met one of those in life. :) Meat eaters are usually omnivores like humans were designed to be. It is the vegetarians and vegans who are modifying their diets to exclude foods which are natural for humans. Long term non-animal protein diets lead to poor health.

Somebody show me a 90 year old Vegetarian or Vegan.

my grandfather he is 90 years old and he is a vegetarian ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
my grandfather he is 90 years old and he is a vegetarian ;)

Okay, but octo ovo right? You cannot live a long healthy life with NO animal proteins. :) How long has he been a vegetarian? Not his whole life, right?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lacto-ovo-vegetarian

Vegan%20table%201.jpg

Okay, well then he is still eating a balanced diet. I have nothing against vegetarians, but I kinda have a huge problem with vegans. A lacto/ovo vegetarian is getting potent animal proteins in those eggs especially. The dairy has a bunch of great proteins as well as healthy saturated fats from animal sources. It looks to me from your chart that everyone being called "vegetarian" are actually basically omnivores (except they have restricted their "meat" to eggs). They are eating plant and animal foods, which is a balanced diet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These, as delicious as they look, are not steaks. They do not taste or feel like steaks. They are tasty, but they are not steaks. So, why are they called Steaks? Part of the delicious look of these is that the photographer brushed on some of that oil on the top to get the shine. It runs off very quickly in real life.

comp-3635395-cauliflowersteak628x363.jpg

I suppose as a way to prepare cauliflower, they are good. But without the steak seasonings and steak sauce.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
If people don't want to eat meat, yippie for them, whatever floats their boat. What I hate is someone who tries to guilt me for loving my meat and fish. I like doing a good veggie burger sometimes and I love well prepared vegetables of all sorts but I also love a nice grilled salmon, a couple of steaks on a BBQ or baked Chicken breasts. I also do not and will not feel bad about it. Don't try to make me.

Bring on the cauliflower but I prefer mine next to a nice hunk of meat. IMO,Tofu is fowl, I can't stomach it in any form. :smiley-015: