Cauliflower "steaks"? Why do vegetarians/vegans constantly try to replace the names of foods?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:facepalm: This went badly. Like I assumed, she DID think he was staying with me. She asked to see my closet and my garage (presumably looking for Bill's belongings) It was the first thing she asked me. As soon as we came back inside from her inspecting my garage, I lit into her. I told her I felt insulted that she did not take my word for it that Bill was not staying here. I called her a "fatal attraction" and told her point blank that her behavior was the reason he left her. At first, I avoided the vegan issue. I concentrated on her controlling behaviors (as reported by her boyfriend), and mentioned the issue with his little truck. Then, she went there....
I would have asked to inspect her garage.............
Actually, scratch that, I like my parts the way they are. :)

"I don't know why I am attracted to losers who destroy the environment and murder animals and eat their flesh"
It's called a Jesus complex, she should work it out.

Well then. :) Naturally, that was not going to be allowed to slide. I went on to tell her that Bill told me that she was a nightmare and that her dumb vegan diet was the reason he left her along with her misguided beliefs about the environment and asked her how she felt about killing a healthy dog with it.
I bet you got a load of bullshit back on that commet :lol:
Then I sarcastically suggested that she troll the local farmer's markets and Craigslist for a new boyfriend (I was mad at this point). Seeing that she had pissed me off made her want to leave. "I had better go, this is not going anywhere". I told her I agreed, and that I did not want her to come back or contact me in any fashion. That was that!
Not going anywhere??
WTF was she expecting??
A ride on the OM express??

Still cannot contact my buddy. I sent him a text letting him know she was on the prowl for him. I thought it strange that all three of my cats hid the entire visit. Normally Siete greets everyone who comes over. He never came out at all. :)
Even a boxful of "crazy cats" knows -real- Cwazy when it comes around.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Damn! I've been skipping this thread because ... well ... "cauliflower steaks". Then I decide to peek in and I see I missed out on gossip!! :disturbed:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I would have asked to inspect her garage.............
Actually, scratch that, I like my parts the way they are. :)

It's called a Jesus complex, she should work it out.

I bet you got a load of bullshit back on that commet :lol:

She was frowning the entire time she was here. When she came over, she barely said hello. Her only real interest was to see if I had been harboring her now ex-boyfriend after he dumped her. This is her 5th year as a vegan. From what I can see, her few friends are all there because of her being a vegan. They wear vegan themed t-shirts, they all drive hybrids or electrics, and they are boring arrogant morons. I have never met a vegan who did not IMMEDIATELY identify as a vegan upon meeting them. The dog comment was what made her decide to leave. :)

Not going anywhere??
WTF was she expecting??
A ride on the OM express??

She is not at all my type physically. :). Her skin looks so pallid. Like somebody suffering from shock. :hide;

Even a boxful of "crazy cats" knows -real- Cwazy when it comes around.

Her voice is grating. And she sounded angry (so did I). It felt very satisfying to tell her "Please don't call me again. I think we should part ways for good, given the circumstances". I really wanted to just tell her to "get the fkk out and never come back".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't understand why people think they can get a person to return to a relationship by angrily stalking them. That's completely illogical. It's also just plain nuts.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Loooooooooollllllll

Eat+up+i+hate+having+vegan+friends+over+for+dinner_8d23c1_5078450.jpg

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
She thinks cats are better off roaming free? She is clearly unstable and not intelligent.

Free/stray cats makes tons more and so many end up dying of starvation and worse. She is lucky I will never run into her. She should go volunteer at a SPCA and put her money where her mouth is. Wild dogs and cats are malnourished, disease ridden and have short life expectancies. They are also born as carnivores and continue to be so, so which is it? Force a pet to be vegan and die, or let them fight it out in the wild and eat each other?

Happy loving pet owners cherish their cats and dogs and give them a life most of us could only wish for. People like that need to go spend some time in Africa where children are starving and see if her vegan shit still makes sense when it's eat a animal or fish or die.

Last edited:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
What would you do if you did?
I'm sure you all recall what a royal bitch on wheels I can be. :tongue:

Seriously, I would tell her off in spades and tear her to shreds verbally till she left my air space. If she mentioned a word about my cats, I would probably throw in quite a few colorful expletives.:psychosga:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I was just served "cauliflower steaks". They are nothing more than large slices of cauliflower, roasted and sauced. They are NOT steaks. They are slices of cauliflower! :facepalm: I do not understand why there are such foods as: garden "burgers", vegetarian "bacon" or textured soy protein dressed up to look like meat. Why not just eat the textured soy protein and the cauliflower and stop trying to call them steaks and burgers?

Why does this dish exist and why was it prepared in this fashion?

View attachment 30841

If they want steak, then why dont they just eat it! Why prepare soy protein to look like meat?
I can beat that! This just looks wrong lol.

:D

http://beyondmeat.com/products

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can beat that! This just looks wrong lol.

:D

http://beyondmeat.com/products

BAHAHAHA! I would love to sub out actual meat and put it in those packages for my vegan associates! BTW, I think I mentioned earlier that the two people who inspired this thread are no longer a couple and the guy has gone back to eating meat like a carnivore. Vegan chick is now "ovo-lacto" vegetarian from vegan after passing out with anemia at work :rolleye0014:.

Gimme...

raw-meat-1.jpg

heisenberg

Earl Grey
BAHAHAHA! I would love to sub out actual meat and put it in those packages for my vegan associates! BTW, I think I mentioned earlier that the two people who inspired this thread are no longer a couple and the guy has gone back to eating meat like a carnivore. Vegan chick is now "ovo-lacto" vegetarian from vegan after passing out with anemia at work :rolleye0014:.

Gimme...

View attachment 32687
Maybe I should start selling these haha...It seems to be a highly lucrative market to exploit and make a lot of money... hmmm

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Gimme...

View attachment 32687
You gonna cook this first or go true full carnivore!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
remember that vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
remember that vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter! ;)

I would have more compassion for them if they were just eliminating one sort of meat or perhaps a family of meats like shellfish or pork or "game" meats. But cutting out an entire food group? It's unnatural. Especially if it is done for political or "moral" reasons. I have stopped eating scavenger animals of any type, which means no more shellfish, crab, lobster, oysters, shrimp, scallops, catfish, shark, swordfish, mackerel, and others (bottom feeders like flounder too). The only one I did not give up is Albacore tuna, but I will be giving that the boot for Skipjack. An extreme would be giving up ALL seafood. That is how I see Veganism.