Cat Lovers Thread

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Teshie is so much cuter than that picture!!!!

That is a horrible picture of her with gross stuff in her eyes....ew.

Can you post a picture of her soon?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My cat does that too. Usually to take a piss. He does it right in the drain though.
Teshie is so much cuter than that picture!!!!

That is a horrible picture of her with gross stuff in her eyes....ew.

Can you post a picture of her soon?

I can see she is a cutie anyway! I have to wipe away eye boogers too on Siete occasionally. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So wth lol . Mugen jumps into my shower after I get out . Floor is drenched !
View attachment 33919

View attachment 33920

A note on water and cats:

Cats do not like standing water (to drink). They only like to drink running or moving water, so you should leave a faucet on trickle OR do what I did and build her a little fountain (or buy one). I made running fountains for my cats from a fish tank filter and a glass bowl. This is important, because a dehydrated cat can become seriously ill in no time.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
A note on water and cats:

Cats do not like standing water (to drink). They only like to drink running or moving water, so you should leave a faucet on trickle OR do what I did and build her a little fountain (or buy one). I made running fountains for my cats from a fish tank filter and a glass bowl. This is important, because a dehydrated cat can become seriously ill in no time.
We used to have a CatIt fountain which worked great. Until it broke down.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We used to have a CatIt fountain which worked great. Until it broke down.

You can make this one (not mine but almost identical) for less than $15. :) Mine is the same, but uses a glass bowl. Did I show them to you when you were here?

5cd32770e2f0ade05e626eb89e5a363a.jpg

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
We need a battery operated one since I don't like the whole water and electricity mixing thing.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The CatIt products are perfect. Cats like to lick water flowing over a surface rather than lapping from a little pool of water.

While looking for the thing we had on the CatIt website I ran across a simple food bowl. But when I read the description it mentioned that it was specifically made low because with high bowls the whiskers have to touch the edges which puts stress on the cat while feeding. That might explain why sometimes cats fish their food out of their bowl with their paws and eat it from the floor. It just shows that they really know what they're doing with their products.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The CatIt products are perfect. Cats like to lick water flowing over a surface rather than lapping from a little pool of water.

While looking for the thing we had on the CatIt website I ran across a simple food bowl. But when I read the description it mentioned that it was specifically made low because with high bowls the whiskers have to touch the edges which puts stress on the cat while feeding. That might explain why sometimes cats fish their food out of their bowl with their paws and eat it from the floor. It just shows that they really know what they're doing with their products.

The main feature is that the water has to be running. I looked at the Catit products too, but decided upon the DIY solution because I can change the filters easily and cheaply. I have two of them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/hqAdK7B.mp4

Does anyone know what breed this cat is? They seems so expressive a bit too human like if you ask me.

Yes. That is a Russian Blue. A very popular housecat. The cat language the cat (in your picture, not the one I posted here) is showing is stress/anxiety. Ears to side, dilated pupils, looking around for threats.

download.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Cats. They just luuuv to steal other organisms' body heat.