Cat Lovers Thread

heisenberg

Earl Grey

heisenberg

Earl Grey
He is totally a cat guy! That video had me laughing. :)
Cats are the best. IMO I think having a pet are a great way to bring joy, laughter in your life. IMO I think they are a great treatment for depression. I don't know but I could never get mad at a cat even if it did something silly.
Here are some more to cheer up the mood.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is my daughters cat Mugen . He is a wired hair breed and I mean wire . Every grab an sos scrub pad ? There softer than this cat lol . But he is such a lovely creature . Sad thing is she has to give him away because she has such bad allergies and so does my son , plus Pogo did not stop barking at Mugen in our house for 3 friggin hrs .
View attachment 33699
View attachment 33700

Why did she get the cat if she has allergies? He looks loved and well socialized, like she has had him a long time. I hope he gets a good home.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cats are the best. IMO I think having a pet are a great way to bring joy, laughter in your life. IMO I think they are a great treatment for depression. I don't know but I could never get mad at a cat even if it did something silly.
Here are some more to cheer up the mood.

None of the images are showing here. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well she has her own place and felt lonely coming home from long shoots and no one to greet her . She was really hoping she could build up some immunity . This little cat is amazingly affectionate . But man its so weird to pet him . From his knees down his fur is beyond soft , but anything above is an sos pad . His whiskers are like stiff thin wire also .
View attachment 33703

View attachment 33704

Cat brush! Siete's fur feels like silk all over. He does cough up hairballs, but not often and they are not as big because I brush him with a cat brush (which he loves). When he sees me with the brush he falls over purring because he LOVES to be brushed. He pushes his head against the brush, and moves his body into the brush as I am brushing him. :) I recommend a wire brush (it's actually a dog brush!) like the one I use:

dog-brush.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The cat looks like it needs some conditioner stat! :) Funny whiskers. Never seen them like that.

Paul Mitchell. :) Those whiskers are super trippy!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That' some big cat man !!!

;)

Yep, the Maine Coon is the largest domestic cat breed. Siete is bigger than most small dogs like Yorkies, Shi Tzu, most small terriers, pugs. But they are EXTRA gentle and passive, like big cuddly harmless kittens. They are nicknamed "gentle giants". :) They have many unique behaviors that other cats do not display, like love of water (they will play in it, and they can swim). They are extremely intelligent cats and will come when you call them, play fetch and actively seek out play with dogs. Similar breed is the Norwegian Forest Cat.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Not sure how my daughter did it, probably vitamins but Mugen is starting to fill in with some soft fur thank goodness . Poor kitty looks so sickly . Perhaps it was lacking in vitamins or something .
1512748739789.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not sure how my daughter did it, probably vitamins but Mugen is starting to fill in with some soft fur thank goodness . Poor kitty looks so sickly . Perhaps it was lacking in vitamins or something .
View attachment 33720

Don't feed him dry food. Wet, high protein foods will make the coat softer. His hair reminds me of Dante's hair, short and kinda stiff. But wet food will make it softer. Also, if you want him even softer, use the pet fur conditioner from Paul Mitchell which is at most pet stores. It smells good and works well.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
View attachment 33720

Maybe a vet would have advice about rugged haired kitties.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My crazy big kitty Siete on Christmas Day 2017 (just taken). :) He is laying out on the walkway outside my apartment.

IMG_20171225_140426.jpg