Blood And Chrome Watch and Discussion Thread

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oy! :icon_cry:

"So, they don't feel pain but Bekka pretends they do because .... ?

You're suggesting she lies about a Cylon rolling around on the ground saying it's experiencing pain but really it's not experiencing pain ... all done in the context of some elaborate sinister plan to accomplish absolutely nothing?"

If I said something before that made you say these things then my fault.

let me try a different explanation. lets use the "dr" in voyager (now its just a situational ex and not intended to get into the workings of walking talking holograms:))

remember when he "joined up" with that all holographic crew on an alien ship? i think they were 'escapees' from a hirogen facility(?) he explained to the cpt that they were suffering, feeling pain ,be abused and tortured,etc.

now holograms can't feel pain, but the doc was using these descriptors because as a hologram he wants to be human and he wants to believe that feeling these things are required to be 'more human'

could we agree on that ( i might have the story line rusty, i haven't seen this in about a year)?

yes? ok then:

when adama and coker look at the cylon--who was somehow shot down with a 9mm--and hearing it making noise, they ask "whats that noise its making?" she says "its screaming" adama says "say what they feel pain (incredulously). "they feel pain" she repeats. coker says "lets put this thing out of its misery then." He didn't say "oh poor guy, when my pilot got killed i felt so bad for him" or anything of the kind showing that he believes what Bekka said. her statement leads to my explanation that she is going through a similar event that the dr did when fighting for the holograms cause.

Now, of course this pre-supposes that my theory on who/what Bekka is and what her mission is

that is, i believe based on the concept art i inserted (it has been right so far) showing a female "terminator/zoe graystone" type skin job, dragging a guy in the 'ski lodge'. I believe that Bekka is this creature. and that her mission was to help complete the work of the cylons that is going on on this planet. When she gave them her orders, coker wanted to call in and verify, adama said no and insisted that they listen to her.

No, this is all my supposition and our "discussion" will have proved pointless if next friday shows i am wrong :icon_redface:

:pride:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Oy! :icon_cry:

"So, they don't feel pain but Bekka pretends they do because .... ?

You're suggesting she lies about a Cylon rolling around on the ground saying it's experiencing pain but really it's not experiencing pain ... all done in the context of some elaborate sinister plan to accomplish absolutely nothing?"

If I said something before that made you say these things then my fault.

let me try a different explanation. lets use the "dr" in voyager (now its just a situational ex and not intended to get into the workings of walking talking holograms:))

remember when he "joined up" with that all holographic crew on an alien ship? i think they were 'escapees' from a hirogen facility(?) he explained to the cpt that they were suffering, feeling pain ,be abused and tortured,etc.

now holograms can't feel pain, but the doc was using these descriptors because as a hologram he wants to be human and he wants to believe that feeling these things are required to be 'more human'

could we agree on that ( i might have the story line rusty, i haven't seen this in about a year)?

yes? ok then:

when adama and coker look at the cylon--who was somehow shot down with a 9mm--and hearing it making noise, they ask "whats that noise its making?" she says "its screaming" adama says "say what they feel pain (incredulously). "they feel pain" she repeats. coker says "lets put this thing out of its misery then." He didn't say "oh poor guy, when my pilot got killed i felt so bad for him" or anything of the kind showing that he believes what Bekka said. her statement leads to my explanation that she is going through a similar event that the dr did when fighting for the holograms cause.

Now, of course this pre-supposes that my theory on who/what Bekka is and what her mission is

that is, i believe based on the concept art i inserted (it has been right so far) showing a female "terminator/zoe graystone" type skin job, dragging a guy in the 'ski lodge'. I believe that Bekka is this creature. and that her mission was to help complete the work of the cylons that is going on on this planet. When she gave them her orders, coker wanted to call in and verify, adama said no and insisted that they listen to her.

No, this is all my supposition and our "discussion" will have proved pointless if next friday shows i am wrong :icon_redface:

:pride:

Ok, so, everything you've been saying about the Cylon in pain is basically a wild guess.

You're talking about the holographic simulated crew that was programmed with sophisticated AI where they acquired self-awareness and given traits such as fear and pain in order to provide the Hirogen with formidable, realistic prey to hunt. Apples and oranges. The doctor was correct in that they felt pain given the circumstances. They weren't some creation that broke free and decided to program themselves to feel pain.

To summarize what you said so far, your theory is that Bekka says it feels pain because she perceives it as feeling pain but it really doesn't feel pain. Sounds like a bunch of useless nonsense with no purpose. Sorry, dude, but that makes absolutely no sense.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ok, so, everything you've been saying about the Cylon in pain is basically a wild guess.

You're talking about the holographic simulated crew that was programmed with sophisticated AI where they acquired self-awareness and given traits such as fear and pain in order to provide the Hirogen with formidable, realistic prey to hunt. Apples and oranges. The doctor was correct in that they felt pain given the circumstances. They weren't some creation that broke free and decided to program themselves to feel pain.

To summarize what you said so far, your theory is that Bekka says it feels pain because she perceives it as feeling pain but it really doesn't feel pain. Sounds like a bunch of useless nonsense with no purpose. Sorry, dude, but that makes absolutely no sense.

I didn't say it had to make sense :SmileyLaughingTears: It just would fit in with the 'canon'

And yes, I am most definitely guessing. Isn't that the fun part?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I found the video that each and everyone of us was supposed to notice. This scene takes place around the 5 minute and 25 second mark of MachinimaPrime/ Syfy episode 1 of Blood and Chrome.

View attachment 27599
OK--I will use the one that I used At Syfy. Blue eyed Adama with natural Tauron skin tone. Dratz still too big, but what the hey!:listening_headphones:

Blue eyes, brown eyes, British -- it's all a moot point as the only thing that really matters is this:

tumblr_mavdlohnXf1r39un8o1_500.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Blue eyes, brown eyes, British -- it's all a moot point as the only thing that really matters is this:

tumblr_mavdlohnXf1r39un8o1_500.jpg
dude/dudette whicjevr, your funny.. hopefully u dont gt mad...me and my wi/fe just hsared a bottl of soju...19/% alc

Bluce Ree

dude/dudette whicjevr, your funny.. hopefully u dont gt mad...me and my wi/fe just hsared a bottl of soju...19/% alc

Word to the wise: don't poke the bear. If you wake The Hammer, you're on your own.

You've been warned!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm running for the hills. I suggest you try to keep up!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

#1. I'm a dude. ( Shhhh!;) )

#2. No I'm not mad. Why would I be? Very little on this site makes me mad so you almost never have to worry about that. I'm hard to offend, plus I'm a wise ass. I find the combination works. :D

#3. Cool that you "hsared" a bottle of 19% alcohol with your wife. :drunk: I had some 18% port tonight and also some Yellowtail shiraz and after all that TWD episode still blew ass chunks all over my TV screen. :disturbed:
--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM ---
Word to the wise: don't poke the bear. If you wake The Hammer, you're on your own.

You've been warned!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm running for the hills. I suggest you try to keep up!

The Hammer is in a good mood this evening so the villagers need not scatter...yet. :tyrannosaurus:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
It is comforting to see that Blood and Chrome is so graphic intense that a 12 minute download takes up about 420 MBs of space.

After doing about 110 screen caps of episode 1, some of you might not of seen this view.

28A Galactica batteries with contrast.png

There are a lot of point to point defensive guns on this baby.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok here is the finale (that is how it is titled not ep 9&10 wow thats smart change the format of naming at the end)

--- merged: Dec 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM ---
So, I was right and wrong..still i think i did pretty good for guessing :joy:

Bluce Ree

She wasn't a Cylon, just an idealist thinking she could force negotiation but never realized the Cylons simply hate humans. You can also see there are no "skin jobs" yet, just some sort of proto-hybrid Cylon thing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She wasn't a Cylon, just an idealist thinking she could force negotiation but never realized the Cylons simply hate humans. You can also see there are no "skin jobs" yet, just some sort of proto-hybrid Cylon thing.

i say half right since she was a cylon agent --well we are not really sure on that, to discuss would only lead to more "fights"-an agent- if she is from the STO she mimics their ideology on man being corrupt etcetera
or- as a former Graystone employee she could be sharing sympathies with her former boss
a traitor- if she is just an outright turncoat

perhaps it was on another forum, but there were those insisting that she was no agent/traitor at all and believed her mission was to help end the war for the colonial side

so at least i don't try to "re-arrange" what i said before (hey its printed above) or just "dissappear" in shame :rolleye0014:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It is comforting to see that Blood and Chrome is so graphic intense that a 12 minute download takes up about 420 MBs of space.

After doing about 110 screen caps of episode 1, some of you might not of seen this view.

View attachment 27601

There are a lot of point to point defensive guns on this baby.

so what do you think tptb would say if asked why the diff between this galactica and the "newer" one?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
so what do you think tptb would say if asked why the diff between this galactica and the "newer" one?

I am not an expert but as far as I know there is only one Galactica in this Universe. I guess I should do some research and look up the original from the 1978 TV series.

Some of us were partially right and wrong at the same time. Being a computer scientist I thought that Bekka had written some sort of "virus code". Others were spot on about her being a traitor or maybe being a peace negotiator?

As far as I know the writers didn't develop in Blood and Chrome the mythology that we saw in BSG. Some people might be happy with Adama joining Special Ops and flying with those guys for two or three years.

Anyways good start if this show is the beginning of a series of web episodes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am not an expert but as far as I know there is only one Galactica in this Universe. I guess I should do some research and look up the original from the 1978 TV series.

Some of us were partially right and wrong at the same time. Being a computer scientist I thought that Bekka had written some sort of "virus code". Others were spot on about her being a traitor or maybe being a peace negotiator?

As far as I know the writers didn't develop in Blood and Chrome the mythology that we saw in BSG. Some people might be happy with Adama joining Special Ops and flying with those guys for two or three years.

Anyways good start if this show is the beginning of a series of web episodes.

i meant, between this galactica and the one from nuBSG

Either way, regardless of motivation, Beka was working with the intent of aiding the cylons

i was told "you are so wrong..beka is starbuck's mother, you'll see" on a different forum site (not syfy). there are some extreme bsg fans there-those who are not too concerned with the whole mythology of bsg thing. they just want action.

i didn't tell them that if this were to be true, and beka and adama are to be starbucks parents-perhaps without adama's knowledge-then the relationships in bsg between apollo and zach adama with Kara Thrace would become just plain ickey :smiley-015:

if anything, i would think it possible for Coker to be starbucks dad; if anyone from b&C at all. I had always liked the idea that lacey was her mom until we saw her become the rev mother. of course we know her real mom was a tough as nails marine sgt (if that was her real mom)

If I were to guess--and you know i love to guess :icon_razz:--i would say she was a STO member. Perhaps recruited by Lacey with her connection to the Graystones and the "philosophy" of Zoe. Perhaps she gained her "love and understanding ("they feel pain")" of the cylons by her exposure to the STO's cylons who were directly 'touched' by Zoe's beliefs (mankind is corrupt, "the cylons care more about life more then we do") and her being the one who improved the MCP chip
which makes me wonder if she was in on the start of the revolt

and that is the other thing i would like to see addressed at some point--who is at the center of the revolt? we know clarice egged them on, but who was the human actually there orchestrating things? did the cylons kill him/her off after awhile or put them in 'protective custody' (like in a goo tub on a remote base star perhaps?)

we see the cylons using "tanks" and rocket launchers not to mention all of their spacecraft. we know the humans initially outfitted them for planetary defense / "peacekeeping", etc-but after 10 yrs of war, attrition has got to be taking its toll. are their human engineers running facilities for construction and making ammo? there are definitely ppl who have a motive-again STO-to help the cylons.

would this of been tricia helfer's only "appearance"? or was she/has she been involved more? are the other eight in a similar mode of pre-existence?

But with all of that, B&C seems to just be a 'snapshot' type of show, like the writers do not want to leave the confines of the galactica and the efforts of william adama.

it was mostly a superficial type of show. it seems it was only made in this way--with the gratuitous-male teenage baiting sex and violence and SFX scenes--to attempt to make a "big splash" so that Syfy will at least back further web production. I think it was just ok for what it was but could have been far better if not for sacrificing screen time for the kiddies.

maybe someday will get another chance with a better script :icon_cry:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
i meant, between this galactica and the one from nuBSG

Either way, regardless of motivation, Beka was working with the intent of aiding the cylons

i was told "you are so wrong..beka is starbuck's mother, you'll see" on a different forum site (not syfy). there are some extreme bsg fans there-those who are not too concerned with the whole mythology of bsg thing. they just want action....if anything, i would think it possible for Coker to be starbucks dad; if anyone from b&C at all. I had always liked the idea that lacey was her mom until we saw her become the rev mother. of course we know her real mom was a tough as nails marine sgt (if that was her real mom)

If I were to guess--and you know i love to guess :icon_razz:--i would say she was a STO member. Perhaps recruited by Lacey with her connection to the Graystones and the "philosophy" of Zoe. Perhaps she gained her "love and understanding ("they feel pain")" of the cylons by her exposure to the STO's cylons who were directly 'touched' by Zoe's beliefs (mankind is corrupt, "the cylons care more about life more then we do") and her being the one who improved the MCP chip
which makes me wonder if she was in on the start of the revolt

......and that is the other thing i would like to see addressed at some point--who is at the center of the revolt? we know clarice egged them on, but who was the human actually there orchestrating things? did the cylons kill him/her off after awhile or put them in 'protective custody' (like in a goo tub on a remote base star perhaps?)

we see the cylons using "tanks" and rocket launchers not to mention all of their spacecraft. we know the humans initially outfitted them for planetary defense / "peacekeeping", etc-but after 10 yrs of war, attrition has got to be taking its toll. are their human engineers running facilities for construction and making ammo? there are definitely ppl who have a motive-again STO-to help the cylons.

would this of been tricia helfer's only "appearance"? or was she/has she been involved more? are the other eight in a similar mode of pre-existence?

But with all of that, B&C seems to just be a 'snapshot' type of show, like the writers do not want to leave the confines of the galactica and the efforts of william adama.

...maybe someday will get another chance with a better script :icon_cry:

It was definitely a 'kiddy' type show, but I am not complaining as there is no more sci-fi on the horizon until Series 2 of "Continuum" comes on line, along with "Defiance" of course.

Now if someone asked me I would definitely have suggested that they introduce Starbuck's mother as some sort of continuation point between B&C and BSG. They sure could of thrown us old dogs some bones with a little bit of meat on them.:dog:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It was definitely a 'kiddy' type show, but I am not complaining as there is no more sci-fi on the horizon until Series 2 of "Continuum" comes on line, along with "Defiance" of course.

Now if someone asked me I would definitely have suggested that they introduce Starbuck's mother as some sort of continuation point between B&C and BSG. They sure could of thrown us old dogs some bones with a little bit of meat on them.:dog:

it will be nice to be able to watch b&c in its entirety (-commercial time--which i wonder, will the success or failure of "yt hits" drive advertisement sales for the b&c slot?) without the waiting a week in between

it is possible that they could still have starbuck's mom on the show--a marine sgt that Adama never even meets. Though Coker says he is married, i also like that his attitude "short-timer drop out" also fits the one of Starbuck's dad.

I too would much rather watch b&c then the junk that is on. used to be i looked forward to the next ep of several shows, now, sadly the only show that comes close to that is TWD and I don't really even like it!!

I would love to watch continuum. however i don't believe i have any options save the bbc or a netflix appearance
You are in BC right? Does it air on SPACE channel or something there or do you use alternative means?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Did anyone buy the "virus" line? I thought that was pretty lame and it didn't make much sense to be withholding that information if it was true.

Bluce Ree

Did anyone buy the "virus" line? I thought that was pretty lame and it didn't make much sense to be withholding that information if it was true.

It didn't matter because command knew exactly what she was doing, which is why they set her up with false fleet information.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It didn't matter because command knew exactly what she was doing, which is why they set her up with false fleet information.

Right, but at the moment I saw that scene I didn't know that. :P

So it is basically saying that command knew their people were too stupid to blow the bitch away before she plugged her pendant into the Cylon transmitter. :facepalm: