Blood And Chrome Watch and Discussion Thread

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
When I said that the pain thing could be a"test program" I was playing to the "making it up/ an Eick spur of the moment bs explanation"

All the other 'concept art' has made an appearance so far, only this one is left: SPOILER! Ah-who cares??!!

Battlestar-Galactica-Blood-and-Chrome-The-Enemy-21-12-10-kc-300x216.jpg

the cylon scanning her tags and not hurting her should be an indication that Bekka is indeed the figure above, that and the fact that in interview Pasquilino says that Adama's personal hatred for the cylons is because of a close betrayal. Well, they were in lust for what? 15 minutes.:love_heart: :tongue:

Ok, I am just going to ignore the fact that "cylon warriors" feel pain. Are we sure that the female looking cylon isn't dragging a woman with lip stick.

There has to be a fifty foot Cython hanging about the mountains somewhere.

I should mention here that in life there is much pain. As the Cylons wanted to become more 'human'. Feeling pain would be a natural off-shoot of that decision.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think the best approach right now is to enjoy the show as a stand alone and not to worry about how it fits into their canon.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think the best approach right now is to enjoy the show as a stand alone and not to worry about how it fits into their canon.

That is how I am looking at it as well. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
i too, remember all that. "back in the day" sliders, the x files and B5 were pretty much all I watched.

I meant to say, serial, just got my descriptors off a little:drunk:

I thought it went bad,IMO, when we got the whole cro-mag thing going. I mostly liked when they would show them in predicaments and every new universe has something a bit off about it.

remind me, maybe i never saw it, but did sliders have any 'ending'?

They ended the show on a cliffhanger. Remmy was the only original slider left and when they managed to open a wormhole back to Earth Prime, which was overrun by Cromags, Remmy jumped in to help save his world. The other three were left standing there in a big closet or whatever it was when the wormhole closed and the scene faded with that stupid "bam bam bam baaammmmmmm" dramatic music even though they knew Syfylys was not renewing the show.
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM ---
That is how I am looking at it as well. :)

I tried but robots designed for battle rolling around on the floor in pain and swinging punches instead of shooting was a line in the sand I couldn't cross. It's descended into levels beyond stupid and contrived.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They ended the show on a cliffhanger. Remmy was the only original slider left and when they managed to open a wormhole back to Earth Prime, which was overrun by Cromags, Remmy jumped in to help save his world. The other three were left standing there in a big closet or whatever it was when the wormhole closed and the scene faded with that stupid "bam bam bam baaammmmmmm" dramatic music even though they knew Syfylys was not renewing the show.
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM ---

I tried but robots designed for battle rolling around on the floor in pain and swinging punches instead of shooting was a line in the sand I couldn't cross. It's descended into levels beyond stupid and contrived.

Dude, there is no pain, that is only Bekka's perspective.
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM ---
Ok, I am just going to ignore the fact that "cylon warriors" feel pain. Are we sure that the female looking cylon isn't dragging a woman with lip stick.

WARNING! Silly Fanboy perspective follows :icon_lol:

Yes, the midget cythons were dissappointing...

If the "skin job" cylon in the pic is not Bekka then who is it? I am quite sure that she will be someone familiar to us and not just some random actress--but who knows.
You can tell that this "terminator" type cylon is a female; we only have one female in the show at this point; you can see that she is definitely in the ski lodge; you can tell that it is a "zoe style" skin job by the skin over metal' however, our boy Adama must not of known what to be 'feeling 'when they hooked up--her "special parts" look to be all metallic
crazy%20homer%20face.gif

when the centurion scanned her and her tags, they probably included a type of "identify friend or foe (IFF)" device, like all our airplanes and air defense systems have. That is most likely why he did not hurt her. It seems she is not so sure about the centurions intentions or whether or not they were programmed to recognize her.
on the centurions it is clear they are def trying to make more "home made" skin jobs. Bekka said she used to work for Graystone industries, perhaps she was made by graystone and his wife in the same way they made Zoe (synaptic footprint of the real Bekka created, artificial skin over laid on the metal frame same as Zoe in a goo tub). The body parts we see here are the cylons own attempts at creation. but who among them is doing it? I mean, with a bunch of machines, who decides chain of command? Who decides who is doing R&D? Who is the brains of the whole war effort? I was always thinking Lacey and the STO (they have their own cylons and a motive); the Taurons (who have their own stolen cylons); or Danny Graystone-for his own twisted reasons. It was very similar to the lab we saw the cylons had in RAZOR.
But, I am thinking that these centurions are weak and have little body armor because THEY ARE the "scientists" the ones doing the experiments with the bodies, and that Bekka's mission is to help them finish the job--Remember her "sealed orders"? Well Adama and Coker never verified them on her say so only. Coker was suspicious but Adama was too eager to impress her.

My guess is that the body being dragged is the Marine SGT.

Bluce Ree

It's been established that Cylon Raiders, robot fighter ships, feel pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylon_Raider

Evolution
Sharon Valerii has stated that the Cylon Raiders are very much like trained animals with basic thought and survival instincts. They also feel pain and trauma in the experience of death

They also feel pain when they download to a new body (resurrect). Moore's BSG universe has established that Cylons, all variants, feel pain. I'm not sure where you're getting that they don't.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM ---

WARNING! Silly Fanboy perspective follows :icon_lol:

Yes, the midget cythons were dissappointing...

....when the centurion scanned her and her tags, they probably included a type of "identify friend or foe (IFF)" device, like all our airplanes and air defense systems have. That is most likely why he did not hurt her. It seems she is not so sure about the centurions intentions or whether or not they were programmed to recognize her.

....on the centurions it is clear they are def trying to make more "home made" skin jobs. Bekka said she used to work for Graystone industries, perhaps she was made by graystone and his wife in the same way they made Zoe (synaptic footprint of the real Bekka created, artificial skin over laid on the metal frame same as Zoe in a goo tub). The body parts we see here are the cylons own attempts at creation. but who among them is doing it? I mean, with a bunch of machines, who decides chain of command? Who decides who is doing R&D? Who is the brains of the whole war effort? I was always thinking Lacey and the STO (they have their own cylons and a motive); the Taurons (who have their own stolen cylons); or Danny Graystone-for his own twisted reasons. It was very similar to the lab we saw the cylons had in RAZOR.

My guess is that the body being dragged is the Marine SGT.

I think there was mention of various other Cylon-workers by Graystone. Zoe would make an interesting choice, but Tamura Adama with a Cylon shell might fit the bill if Bekka Kelly is more Cylon than Human.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I can't help but feel that they're making this shit up as they go along.

That is exactly what they are doing.

Maybe the reason why he have not been told the mission during the first eight episodes is that the mission does not make any sense. Much like the BSG series finale.

Bluce Ree

That is exactly what they are doing.

Maybe the reason why he have not been told the mission during the first eight episodes is that the mission does not make any sense. Much like the BSG series finale.

Or the writers are just winging it as they go along.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
When I said that the pain thing could be a"test program" I was playing to the "making it up/ an Eick spur of the moment bs explanation"

but you must have missed when i said that:
"given that it is pretty certain that Bekka is a cylon (i ref to the concept art which has basically been the plot so far) then her stating that the cylon was in pain was not a statement of 'fact', but her cylon programming making her feel sympathy for it. if you saw the bsg ep where Starbuck 'captured' the cylon raider--a cybernetic life form itself, there we saw Sharon showing emotions for it when it was in Galactica's hangar. It is the same emo type of thing that the toasters have for one another."

So why have the Cylon "scream" if it wasn't in pain? They even asked what it was doing and she said it was screaming. No offense Yong but I think you're analyzing it too deeply. The scene was clearly showing us that Cylons have the ability to feel pain. Whether or not Bekka is sympathetic to the Cylon's plight in that moment is irrelevant. She was simply used as a way to convey this point (that of Cylons feeling pain) to the viewers.

No matter how you slice it though it's a stupid plot device. I get that they want us to believe that the Cylons were working on a way to become human essentially, but equipping robot combat soldiers in the field (on a desolate ice planet no less) feel pain is just plain dumb. If anything they would make it so that these soldiers didn't feel any physical pain. Besides, if they can feel pain from physical abuse (bullets, metal pipes) why don't they feel pain from sub-zero temps?

Again, it's all just crap that Moore/Eick have thrown into the mix to muddle the story and, in their eyes, make it "deeper". :McKayrolleyes:

BTW -- did anyone else read the original Glen Larson BSG story? I did as a kid and it was very interesting. They Cylons weren't robots (and they sure as hell weren't proto-humans). They were an alien species that humans got into a war with. I remember in Adama's journal how he talked about the supreme leader getting his third brain. At any rate, the original story was about a war between humans and an alien race, not a war with creatures we had made ourselves. Shame that the current PTB have mucked it up so much. :disturbed:
--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM ---

I should mention here that in life there is much pain. As the Cylons wanted to become more 'human'. Feeling pain would be a natural off-shoot of that decision.

I wish I could ignore the fact that the Cylon warriors feel pain but it's just too stupid to ignore. In a lab setting and in non-combat models it would make sense to work on developing a sensory network within those "bodies", but for the Centurions guarding the gate it makes little sense.

Now, if they took the time to explain that the Cylons on that ice planet were all part of the experiment then fine, I could understand that. They could come up with some lame excuse as to why they fitted the Centurions who guard the place with pain sensors (a lack of test subjects, etc.) but they haven't done that. All they've done is showed us a Cylon screaming on the floor and told us it feels pain. Bad writing is what it is, simply that and nothing more (or should I say "Moore"?).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So why have the Cylon "scream" if it wasn't in pain? They even asked what it was doing and she said it was screaming. No offense Yong but I think you're analyzing it too deeply. The scene was clearly showing us that Cylons have the ability to feel pain. Whether or not Bekka is sympathetic to the Cylon's plight in that moment is irrelevant. She was simply used as a way to convey this point (that of Cylons feeling pain) to the viewers.

No matter how you slice it though it's a stupid plot device. I get that they want us to believe that the Cylons were working on a way to become human essentially, but equipping robot combat soldiers in the field (on a desolate ice planet no less) feel pain is just plain dumb. If anything they would make it so that these soldiers didn't feel any physical pain. Besides, if they can feel pain from physical abuse (bullets, metal pipes) why don't they feel pain from sub-zero temps?

Again, it's all just crap that Moore/Eick have thrown into the mix to muddle the story and, in their eyes, make it "deeper". :McKayrolleyes:

BTW -- did anyone else read the original Glen Larson BSG story? I did as a kid and it was very interesting. They Cylons weren't robots (and they sure as hell weren't proto-humans). They were an alien species that humans got into a war with. I remember in Adama's journal how he talked about the supreme leader getting his third brain. At any rate, the original story was about a war between humans and an alien race, not a war with creatures we had made ourselves. Shame that the current PTB have mucked it up so much. :disturbed:
--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM ---

I wish I could ignore the fact that the Cylon warriors feel pain but it's just too stupid to ignore. In a lab setting and in non-combat models it would make sense to work on developing a sensory network within those "bodies", but for the Centurions guarding the gate it makes little sense.

Now, if they took the time to explain that the Cylons on that ice planet were all part of the experiment then fine, I could understand that. They could come up with some lame excuse as to why they fitted the Centurions who guard the place with pain sensors (a lack of test subjects, etc.) but they haven't done that. All they've done is showed us a Cylon screaming on the floor and told us it feels pain. Bad writing is what it is, simply that and nothing more (or should I say "Moore"?).

It is obvious that no one here is reading any of the links I put up or you would have stopped making the mistake of Moore being involved with this webseries. He is not, it his partner Eick.

You said it, Coker and Adama asked what the centurion was doing-it was clear they had no concept that it was feeling pain. What good would it be to have robots project pain if it can not elicit an emotional response of pity from a human?

And yes the new cylon raiders feel pain because of their being partly organic, The same with the skin jobs, but in this episode we are talking about a centurion that is completely metal and circuits.

I don't write the stuff. I am just given my interpretation of what I think is going on and what may happen (stress "may") in the next webisode. I know that nothing in this BSG-verse is cut and dry, there are little to no ending answers, no solutions to the "equations" presented. At lot is left up to the viewer to decipher. I know that this is not everyones "cup of tea" but if the only show we can talk about is something old and off the air and deals with worm holes and snakes in peoples heads, they why bother having a thread?

IT IS ENTERTAINMENT, enjoy it or don't, like it or don't. I am not trying to convince anyone to like the BSG we have now, but the topic/subject is here and open. If all I can do is join in to say how much something sucks then again what is the point? God, I am getting deja vu :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
i am having a hard time telling, but does this Adama have blue eyes(i am talking the actual character not the actor)

This is not one of my "screen caps", as this picture comes straight off of Syfy's front page. All I did was add a little contrast and lightened up the skin tone.

Adama Eyesupclose.jpeg

Obviously he was born with brown eyes, but what about Bill Adama? Maybe his blue eyes faded a little through the years.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And, as to the weakness of the centurions, there are possible answers that have been brought up previously at the end of caprica and at the very beginning of this webi; not all were made to be soldiers, there is the small, lightly built one we see carrying the boy for example. These centurions could be made for a different purpose and only are equipped with the basic defenses-not built for combat.

I said this above:

But, I am thinking that these centurions are weak and have little body armor because THEY ARE the "scientists" the ones doing the experiments with the bodies, and that Bekka's mission is to help them finish the job--Remember her "sealed orders"? Well Adama and Coker never verified them on her say so only. Coker was suspicious but Adama was too eager to impress her.

Does everything previously introduced to 'canon' really need to be reviewed at the beginning of each new show in the "family"?
If so, we didn't get the whole "this is how the sgc and the sg works, this is everywhere we have been and want we have learned, etc" at the beginning of SGA. Or for that matter at the beginning of every ST series.

Each sequel/prequel is meant to build on the knowledge the viewer has learned previously.

I am guessing that the ones who didn't "get" the finale of BSG also didn't get the finale of LOST either?
Again all ok. It doesn't mean any of us are better then each other--we are just different with different tastes and preferences for the way we like entertainment and life in general. :love_heart:
--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM ---
This is not one of my "screen caps", as this picture comes straight off of Syfy's front page. All I did was add a little contrast and lightened up the skin tone.

View attachment 27594

Obviously he was born with brown eyes, but what about Bill Adama? Maybe his blue eyes faded a little through the years.

Adm Adama had blue eyes, as did William 2.0--so what are TPTB doing now? Going to come up with something that will only serve to draw more criticism?

Bluce Ree

It is obvious that no one here is reading any of the links I put up or you would have stopped making the mistake of Moore being involved with this webseries. He is not, it his partner Eick.

Same difference. They both gave birth to that atrocity together, established its nonsensical "canon" and stamped it BSG.

You said it, Coker and Adama asked what the centurion was doing-it was clear they had no concept that it was feeling pain. What good would it be to have robots project pain if it can not elicit an emotional response of pity from a human?

Yes, that would be a fantastic point if its purpose was to lure its victim into lowering its guard by eliciting pity in order to strike but that wasn't the case, so, eliciting an "emotional response of pity from a human" was absolute nonsense and completely pointless in that scene, which means either the writer had no clue how to follow up that stupidity or it's to establish the Cylon's "humanity" for the dumb viewer. Either way, it's stupid.

And yes the new cylon raiders feel pain because of their being partly organic, The same with the skin jobs, but in this episode we are talking about a centurion that is completely metal and circuits.

Uh-huh. That's making the case for it being "stupid scifi". Centurions, cyborg Cylon raiders, "skin jobs", whatever they are, if they're sent into battle, programming the ability to feel physical, debilitating pain is just plain stupid.

I don't write the stuff. I am just given my interpretation of what I think is going on and what may happen (stress "may") in the next webisode. I know that nothing in this BSG-verse is cut and dry, there are little to no ending answers, no solutions to the "equations" presented. At lot is left up to the viewer to decipher. I know that this is not everyones "cup of tea" but if the only show we can talk about is something old and off the air and deals with worm holes and snakes in peoples heads, they why bother having a thread?

IT IS ENTERTAINMENT, enjoy it or don't, like it or don't. I am not trying to convince anyone to like the BSG we have now, but the topic/subject is here and open. If all I can do is join in to say how much something sucks then again what is the point? God, I am getting deja vu :)

Yep, got it, you're enjoying it. We're all expressing our views and criticisms. There are hardcore scifi fans who enjoy scifi with intelligence and sense and then there are the nerd-smiley.jpg fans who simply enjoy mindless pew pew, "cool & neato" visual effects, main characters they can swoon and drool over and don't pay any mind to whether the story is coherent or not.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

tumblr_manv3ythPe1qd27f7.gif

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I found the video that each and everyone of us was supposed to notice. This scene takes place around the 5 minute and 25 second mark of MachinimaPrime/ Syfy episode 1 of Blood and Chrome.

Blue eyed Adama.png

OK--I will use the one that I used At Syfy. Blue eyed Adama with natural Tauron skin tone. Dratz still too big, but what the hey!:listening_headphones:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Same difference. They both gave birth to that atrocity together, established its nonsensical "canon" and stamped it BSG.

Yes, that would be a fantastic point if its purpose was to lure its victim into lowering its guard by eliciting pity in order to strike but that wasn't the case, so, eliciting an "emotional response of pity from a human" was absolute nonsense and completely pointless in that scene, which means either the writer had no clue how to follow up that stupidity or it's to establish the Cylon's "humanity" for the dumb viewer. Either way, it's stupid.

Uh-huh. That's making the case for it being "stupid scifi". Centurions, cyborg Cylon raiders, "skin jobs", whatever they are, if they're sent into battle, programming the ability to feel physical, debilitating pain is just plain stupid.

Yep, got it, you're enjoying it. We're all expressing our views and criticisms. There are hardcore scifi fans who enjoy scifi with intelligence and sense and then there are the View attachment 27596 fans who simply enjoy mindless pew pew, "cool & neato" visual effects, main characters they can swoon and drool over and don't pay any mind to whether the story is coherent or not.

What Sci-fi do you like? You seem to have a very demanding list of requirements

anyhow-

"established its nonsensical "canon" and stamped it BSG." what science fiction or any fiction is "sensical"? Real life is boring and non-entertaining. that's one of the reasons why all the 'reality' shows are scripted.

"Yes, that would be a fantastic point if its purpose was to lure its victim into lowering its guard by eliciting pity in order to strike but that wasn't the case, so, eliciting an "emotional response of pity from a human" was absolute nonsense and completely pointless in that scene, which means either the writer had no clue how to follow up that stupidity or it's to establish the Cylon's "humanity" for the dumb viewer. Either way, it's stupid." They are not trying to get the pity of a human. what i was saying is that it was not an attempt to get pity or Adama and Coker would have understood it.

The cylons have some yet un-explained obsession for trying to incorporate human characteristics into their life-less selves. Apparently they thought that giving their raiders organic components made them better fighting machines (no pilot error?)--I DO NOT KNOW WHY the show is written as it was/is. Like I said, I am just giving my interpretation of it.
I understand you are frustrated with the choices in sci fi entertainment these days-you don't like BSG you don't like the forthcoming ST film, but now, I am a "dumb viewer"? I am sure you didn't mean that for me. I can understand if you are talking about all the "pew-pew" lovers that are leaving comments at YT though :rolleyes:
--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM ---
I found the video that each and everyone of us was supposed to notice. This scene takes place around the 5 minute and 25 second mark of MachinimaPrime/ Syfy episode 1 of Blood and Chrome.

View attachment 27597

Oooops! Too big. I will reset it later with a different image. Sometimes it's fun making screen captures.

Ok thx. "wheew" glad thats not another issue to contend with...

Are they just not having him where contacts/ "coloring" his eyes in the rest of it? whatever...

Bluce Ree

What Sci-fi do you like? You seem to have a very demanding list of requirements

Intelligent scifi with some common sense is a demanding list? Let's see, just a few off the top of my head ...

Star Trek
Stargate & spinoffs
Firefly

Sliders (seasons 1 and 2)
Farscape (oh yeah, loved it)

It truly helps having a science consultant involved, a little common sense injected into the scripts and not assuming your viewers are all illiterate dumbasses.

anyhow-

"established its nonsensical "canon" and stamped it BSG." what science fiction or any fiction is "sensical"? Real life is boring and non-entertaining. that's one of the reasons why all the 'reality' shows are scripted.

Dude, I dunno if you're purposely pretending not to understand but I'll bite. Star Trek tries to create a consistent pseudo-science based on real science, which makes the show much more enjoyable. Stargate tries to do the same, as did Sliders, both very enjoyable. Even SGU attempted to maintain some form of consistency with its science. I'm not sure where any of these shows can be likened to "real life", though I'll admit SGU was definitely boring.

"Yes, that would be a fantastic point if its purpose was to lure its victim into lowering its guard by eliciting pity in order to strike but that wasn't the case, so, eliciting an "emotional response of pity from a human" was absolute nonsense and completely pointless in that scene, which means either the writer had no clue how to follow up that stupidity or it's to establish the Cylon's "humanity" for the dumb viewer. Either way, it's stupid." They are not trying to get the pity of a human. what i was saying is that it was not an attempt to get pity or Adama and Coker would have understood it.

So, now you're agreeing that they feel pain. Not sure what your point is, then.

The cylons have some yet un-explained obsession for trying to incorporate human characteristics into their life-less selves.

That's called "poor-writers' bullshit", an attempt to contrive for no purpose other than plot, whether it makes sense or not. Just like having glass viewports on Vipers.

Apparently they thought that giving their raiders organic components made them better fighting machines (no pilot error?)--I DO NOT KNOW WHY the show is written as it was/is. Like I said, I am just giving my interpretation of it.
I understand you are frustrated with the choices in sci fi entertainment these days-you don't like BSG you don't like the forthcoming ST film, but now, I am a "dumb viewer"? I am sure you didn't mean that for me. I can understand if you are talking about all the "pew-pew" lovers that are leaving comments at YT though :rolleyes:

The dumb viewer was a general statement, not aimed at you. What I dislike are writers who assume their viewers are stupid, thus spewing forth poorly written scifi.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Intelligent scifi with some common sense is a demanding list? Let's see, just a few off the top of my head ...

Star Trek
Stargate & spinoffs
Firefly

Sliders (seasons 1 and 2)
Farscape (oh yeah, loved it)

It truly helps having a science consultant involved, a little common sense injected into the scripts and not assuming your viewers are all illiterate dumbasses.

Dude, I dunno if you're purposely pretending not to understand but I'll bite. Star Trek tries to create a consistent pseudo-science based on real science, which makes the show much more enjoyable. Stargate tries to do the same, as did Sliders, both very enjoyable. Even SGU attempted to maintain some form of consistency with its science. I'm not sure where any of these shows can be likened to "real life", though I'll admit SGU was definitely boring.

So, now you're agreeing that they feel pain. Not sure what your point is, then.

That's called "poor-writers' bullshit", an attempt to contrive for no purpose other than plot, whether it makes sense or not. Just like having glass viewports on Vipers.

The dumb viewer was a general statement, not aimed at you. What I dislike are writers who assume their viewers are stupid, thus spewing forth poorly written scifi.

I know you didn't mean me :pride: :love_heart: as being dumb

I never said (or meant) that the centurion-the metal creation with no organics in it-is feeling pain NO PAIN, NO PAIN, NO PAIN! just addressing the fact that Bekka Kelly called it "pain". And likewise agreeing that the organic/machine cylons (raiders-skin jobs) can. Why they are scripted that way-has not been revealed by TPTB. Personally I never liked the whole idea of a "living space ship/fighter" as the raiders are-I wanted to see cylons flying them.

On the writers and crap stuff= YES I TOTALLY AGREE, it has disgustingly come down to choices (or lack thereof) of what to view based on what is available. As I said before, all the "man did you see that explosion", "he is totally going to bang that chick" comments on B&C's YT channel indicate that the writers have to 'cater to stupid' to get views--i believe this goes beyond their actual capabilities-so if the writers are crap then it is easier for them to pander to the dumb; if the writers are good then they at least probably have some remorse about the pandering.

it all goes back to what i was saying about including "wrastlin'" and Nascar and ghost bustin' into any new show JUST TO CATER TO STUPID so we can watch what is otherwise a decent show. I can hold my nose for sh1t if it is on the way to gold (or at least silver, or bronze):anim_59:

I don't know what our disconnect is, I too liked all of the shows you listed

funny though:
FARSCAPE--Living ship with weapons and engine (?)

stargate--'snakelike' creatures in host's heads that give them superhuman abilities and glowing eyes; space vampires

firefly--included essentially 'zombies' with the ability to control and maintain interstellar craft

KIDDING!! :icon_razz:

Bluce Ree

I know you didn't mean me :pride: :love_heart: as being dumb

I never said (or meant) that the centurion-the metal creation with no organics in it-is feeling pain NO PAIN, NO PAIN, NO PAIN! just addressing the fact that Bekka Kelly called it "pain". And likewise agreeing that the organic/machine cylons (raiders-skin jobs) can. Why they are scripted that way-has not been revealed by TPTB. Personally I never liked the whole idea of a "living space ship/fighter" as the raiders are-I wanted to see cylons flying them.

So, they don't feel pain but Bekka pretends they do because .... ?

You're suggesting she lies about a Cylon rolling around on the ground saying it's experiencing pain but really it's not experiencing pain ... all done in the context of some elaborate sinister plan to accomplish absolutely nothing?

head-desk-1.jpg

On the writers and crap stuff= YES I TOTALLY AGREE, it has disgustingly come down to choices (or lack thereof) of what to view based on what is available. As I said before, all the "man did you see that explosion", "he is totally going to bang that chick" comments on B&C's YT channel indicate that the writers have to 'cater to stupid' to get views--i believe this goes beyond their actual capabilities-so if the writers are crap then it is easier for them to pander to the dumb; if the writers are good then they at least probably have some remorse about the pandering.

it all goes back to what i was saying about including "wrastlin'" and Nascar and ghost bustin' into any new show JUST TO CATER TO STUPID so we can watch what is otherwise a decent show. I can hold my nose for sh1t if it is on the way to gold (or at least silver, or bronze):anim_59:

I don't know what our disconnect is, I too liked all of the shows you listed

funny though:
FARSCAPE--Living ship with weapons and engine (?)

Bit of fantasy mixed with scifi, definitely, but OH SO WELL DONE! They had a science adviser and, other than Moya, they did a good job meshing the fiction with the science. :D

stargate--'snakelike' creatures in host's heads that give them superhuman abilities and glowing eyes; space vampires

A parasitic organism that invades its host and has the ability to control it as well as manipulate its biochemistry at will, such as releasing adrenaline for bursts of superhuman strength. A human mind can be artificially controlled, that is nothing new. We can influence the body's development and its regeneration through the use of hormones and amino acid chains. The concept of such a parasite is fictional but it's based somewhat in real science and that's my point. It's not some completely magical nonsense pulled out of someone's ass just to fit a plot.

They didn't give their hosts magical powers, though. They didn't fly, didn't turn invisible, didn't perform Jedi mind tricks. :D

Remember the replicators? Even when they took on human form, they embodied most human traits but left out debilitating pain. ;)

firefly--included essentially 'zombies' with the ability to control and maintain interstellar craft

KIDDING!! :icon_razz:

Firefly was just good scifi that was killed in its prime. :D