Blood And Chrome Watch and Discussion Thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Omni, your slipping! Ep 7:

I too was shocked and disgusted by OMNI's oversight. There's only one thing left to do...

22835871.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"They feel pain." :rolleyes:

Don't even get me going about how episode 7 was a total waste of time. Thank God they spared us the details. And as for episode 8, again, the chick has to go. Her stupidity put them all in jeopardy.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Don't even get me going about how episode 7 was a total waste of time. Thank God they spared us the details. And as for episode 8, again, the chick has to go. Her stupidity put them all in jeopardy.

Oh noes! Should I even bother watching them? Trapped in a Haven episode at the moment. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh noes! Should I even bother watching them? Trapped in a Haven episode at the moment. :P

You would probably be able to just pick up and do fine at episodes 9&10, but you may as well watch them if you have the time. I know it's only a couple minutes but really, episode 7 feels like an hour, ugh! Talking talking talking, angst, weariness, "Oh the war is so mean and bad and hard on everyone -- we're all monsters, blah blah bad writing blah!".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Who knows, maybe the pain is a 'test program' for building in pain to a future skin job prototype? I am sure if questioned Eick would have an "out the butt answer" (we need a smiley for "pulling it out of your butt")

Or perhaps it is just Bekka having feelings for the toaster, ala Boomer for Starbuck's captured raider?

I liked how they had a little "Pat Tillman like" story there-when Bekka is talking about her "hero" husband being killed by friendly fire instead.

Another "human chop shop", did you catch the dude "strapped" up to the wall of the cooler?

Did you see any blue eyes on Adama yet (i know i am getting OCD'ish on it)? If they failed to do this, then it is a clear and blatant "i don't give a crap about canon" on the part of Eick.

I am thinking that Bekka will be going soon. All the other 'concept art' has made an appearance so far, only this one is left: SPOILER! Ah-who cares??!!

Battlestar-Galactica-Blood-and-Chrome-The-Enemy-21-12-10-kc-300x216.jpg

the cylon scanning her tags and not hurting her should be an indication that Bekka is indeed the figure above, that and the fact that in interview Pasquilino says that Adama's personal hatred for the cylons is because of a close betrayal. Well, they were in lust for what? 15 minutes.:love_heart: :tongue:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Adama's eyes look brown in episode 7 but later on when he's talking to Coker they almost look lighter. It's hard to tell because they're filming it in that dark and flat digital film way. For some reason color is always washed out and it's almost like watching a black and white film. That bugged me about nuBSG and same with Supernatural -- it's always dark and washed out, no color. :(

As for "Bekka" or whatever her name is, she annoys the ever living shite out of me. She will probably make it close to the end though unfortunately. Obviously she's a big part of the story that they're telling. As it is I don't feel any sort of connection to her and Adama as partners or whatever they are.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This entire show has now descended into the realm of pure stupidity. Where do I even begin? Robots feeling pain? Yes, technology, bla bla, advanced AI and such. Organic beings feel pain because that's how our bodies signal our brains there is something wrong. Furthermore, pain can be debilitating.

I understand the idea of robots also being able to detect damage, whether internal or external, or being so advanced they embody human characteristics like emotions, but pain? Seriously?? What possible benefit would a robot have from being debilitated by pain?!? How useful is a robot rolling on the ground "yelling" in pain because it was shot?

A Cylon being beaten to death with a small pipe by a human. There's another moment that rolled my eyes clear around to my brain just to make sure I can see what the hell I was thinking when I hit play on the Youboob video. Because, right now, I am feeling like a real boob.

Ok, let's begin. Cylons have acquired self-awareness. They've obviously broken from whatever programming they had and have also acquired the ability to learn and evolve. So, why would a race of self-aware robots who are hell-bent on destroying their former human creators not re-enforce their body structure to make them a) bullet-proof and b) pipe-proof? Oh, and eliminate pain or, at least, its debilitating effects. Honestly. I would love to sit in on one of their brainstorming sessions wearing a nice, new pair of shiny leather Kodiak boots and first bitch-slap each and every one around that table who comes up with a reason why this would even be remotely possible in any reality then proceed to bury my boot as far up each and every one of their asses as possible for coming up with such contrived bullshit for the purpose of writing "a cool story". Finally, after kicking Moore in the nuts with the steal toe as my last action wearing those boots, I will unlace them and leave them sitting at the center of the table so they can be reminded by the fecal stains on the boots about how full of shit they all are.

I can't help but feel that they're making this shit up as they go along.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Omni, your slipping! Ep 7:

naw just busy doing other stuff brother!

ill add to first post!
--- merged: Nov 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM ---
I too was shocked and disgusted by OMNI's oversight. There's only one thing left to do...

22835871.jpg
dude suuuuuuuuck my worm!
--- merged: Nov 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM ---
This entire show has now descended into the realm of pure stupidity. Where do I even begin? Robots feeling pain? Yes, technology, bla bla, advanced AI and such. Organic beings feel pain because that's how our bodies signal our brains there is something wrong. Furthermore, pain can be debilitating.

I understand the idea of robots also being able to detect damage, whether internal or external, or being so advanced they embody human characteristics like emotions, but pain? Seriously?? What possible benefit would a robot have from being debilitated by pain?!? How useful is a robot rolling on the ground "yelling" in pain because it was shot?

A Cylon being beaten to death with a small pipe by a human. There's another moment that rolled my eyes clear around to my brain just to make sure I can see what the hell I was thinking when I hit play on the Youboob video. Because, right now, I am feeling like a real boob.

Ok, let's begin. Cylons have acquired self-awareness. They've obviously broken from whatever programming they had and have also acquired the ability to learn and evolve. So, why would a race of self-aware robots who are hell-bent on destroying their former human creators not re-enforce their body structure to make them a) bullet-proof and b) pipe-proof? Oh, and eliminate pain or, at least, its debilitating effects. Honestly. I would love to sit in on one of their brainstorming sessions wearing a nice, new pair of shiny leather Kodiak boots and first bitch-slap each and every one around that table who comes up with a reason why this would even be remotely possible in any reality then proceed to bury my boot as far up each and every one of their asses as possible for coming up with such contrived bullshit for the purpose of writing "a cool story". Finally, after kicking Moore in the nuts with the steal toe as my last action wearing those boots, I will unlace them and leave them sitting at the center of the table so they can be reminded by the fecal stains on the boots about how full of shit they all are.

brother isnt that the case for all sci fi or entertainment in general? as far as im aware thats the standard aproach to everything..

Bluce Ree

naw just busy doing other stuff brother!

ill add to first post!
--- merged: Nov 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM ---
dude suuuuuuuuck my worm!
--- merged: Nov 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM ---
brother isnt that the case for all sci fi or entertainment in general? as far as im aware thats the standard aproach to everything..

It started out good, though. Ok, the glass windows on warships thing annoyed me but I could live with that nonsense. Robots rolling around in pain? WTF happened?

OMNI

It started out good, though. Ok, the glass windows on warships thing annoyed me but I could live with that nonsense. Robots rolling around in pain? WTF happened?
honestly i have nver considered this to be GOOD good as for the robots in pain BS i havnt seen the ep yet but ive grown to expect beyond shitty writing and stupid ideas from sci fi and honestly i am only watching for the CG and even that is a let down as it looks like shit.. but hell atleast i got a space battle scene so i guess that will have to do.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Dude, its the 'roids again. EASY Big Fella!!! :icon_e_surprised: And, what OMNI said.

with this 'show' going the way it is, you will never see me defend it as much as i do bsg or caprica

but;

Let me "play along" with the whole "cylon as emo's" theme that is persistent thru the whole bsg-verse

With that being said as my 'base'; uh yeah that "SPOILER" thing again, whatever

given that it is pretty certain that Bekka is a cylon (i ref to the concept art which has basically been the plot so far) then her stating that the cylon was in pain was not a statement of 'fact', but her cylon programming making her feel sympathy for it. if you saw the bsg ep where Starbuck 'captured' the cylon raider--a cybernetic life form itself, there we saw Sharon showing emotions for it when it was in Galactica's hangar. It is the same emo type of thing that the toasters have for one another.

i agree with you that beating a cylon "to death" with a pipe is nutty; but then lets consider they are shooting at them with 9mm and shotguns. Personally, I think the pipe is more effective. I think you could beat any machine-that has "soft" spots, 'to death' with a pipe--especially with your guns:icon_razz:

and on the guns-just about no one, save critter hunters, walks around in a combat sit with a glaring flashlight saying "hey, shoot me"--more of that hollywood ignorance

and yes, it would not be the first time that the bsg staff has been accused of making it up as they went along. if you go back and listen to bsg podcasts, you'll see they are a bit proud of it-not quite sure why though

but in keeping with what OMNI said; its entertainment-definitely a step up from Psychic hunters of Bigfoot ghosts who collect possessed memorabilia. (we need a "bigfoot BS" smiley)

it is what we got. i think the only way to possibly get any thing better is to show support for these efforts. If things like B&C 'Fail'. Syfy will def use it as an excuse to axe anything of any space based sci fi in the future.
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 3:01 AM ---

hey, they never said that they weren't transparent aluminum ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

#1. I am masturbating furiously to this post.

#2. Yes, making it up as they go along is the modus operandi of Moore and Co. That was proven in nuBSG when it meandered all over the frakking place. I actually had hopes that B&C was different in that they mapped it out better.

#3. I still can't believe they wrote this into the script: "They feel pain". :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

#4. I am masturbating furiously to this post!!! :beguiled::icon_twisted::D

OMNI

#2. Yes, making it up as they go along is the modus operandi of Moore and Co. That was proven in nuBSG when it meandered all over the frakking place. I actually had hopes that B&C was different in that they mapped it out better.

#3. I still can't believe they wrote this into the script: "They feel pain". :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i agree with you that beating a cylon "to death" with a pipe is nutty; but then lets consider they are shooting at them with 9mm and shotguns. Personally, I think the pipe is more effective. I think you could beat any machine-that has "soft" spots, 'to death' with a pipe--especially with your guns:icon_razz:

I don't get why they had hand-to-hand combat with Adama and the Cylon? It made no sense. Why didn't the Cylon just shoot Adama? Was the Cylon suddenly out of ammo? It's completely unbelievable that this walking weapon would suddenly start a bout of fisticuffs with a human when all it had to do was open fire, the end.

This show is really starting to blow. :cylon-pancarte04:
--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 8:01 AM ---
Who knows, maybe the pain is a 'test program' for building in pain to a future skin job prototype? I am sure if questioned Eick would have an "out the butt answer" (we need a smiley for "pulling it out of your butt")

It just doesn't make sense that they would have "soldiers" feel pain. In the lab maybe, but it makes no sense at all to give the troops a trait that would put them at a disadvantage in the field of combat.

Bad writing, very very bad writing. This does not bode well in my opinion.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
When I said that the pain thing could be a"test program" I was playing to the "making it up/ an Eick spur of the moment bs explanation"

but you must have missed when i said that:
"given that it is pretty certain that Bekka is a cylon (i ref to the concept art which has basically been the plot so far) then her stating that the cylon was in pain was not a statement of 'fact', but her cylon programming making her feel sympathy for it. if you saw the bsg ep where Starbuck 'captured' the cylon raider--a cybernetic life form itself, there we saw Sharon showing emotions for it when it was in Galactica's hangar. It is the same emo type of thing that the toasters have for one another."

All the other 'concept art' has made an appearance so far, only this one is left: SPOILER! Ah-who cares??!!

Battlestar-Galactica-Blood-and-Chrome-The-Enemy-21-12-10-kc-300x216.jpg

the cylon scanning her tags and not hurting her should be an indication that Bekka is indeed the figure above, that and the fact that in interview Pasquilino says that Adama's personal hatred for the cylons is because of a close betrayal. Well, they were in lust for what? 15 minutes.:love_heart: :tongue:

Bluce Ree

:rotflmao::rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::laughing::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::laughing::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::laughing::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao:

Bluce Ree

My point is that I'm tired of "stupid" scifi. I enjoy plausible scifi or exotic scifi (scifi loosely based on theoretical or controversially theoretical sciences) with common sense written into the story lines. Scifi, to me, is escapism for the intelligent, the realm of "what if".

Take Sliders, for example. Quinn Mallory was a university student working on anti-gravity in his basement. His experiment led to the accidental creation of a wormhole that crosses into parallel universes. Yes, the entire premise seems like hogwash but the implied science beneath it was manufactured so cleverly. If I recall, they had a science consultant to try fitting the theoretical science with the fiction. The show was a hit until they decided to dispense with their own established guidelines and went with magic, goblins and nonsense, not to mention it became an unnecessary action flick with automatic weapons and such after season 3, which is when it all went down the toilet.

Every Star Trek series also had a science consultant, not to make sure the show strictly adhered to reality but to make sure the fiction meshed well enough with the science to give the appearance of plausibility.

Space 1999 probably had the stupidest premise of any scifi show in history, a nuclear explosion on the moon acting as a thruster that launched the moon on a one-way trip into the universe. That was the 70s, so, I can forgive stupid back then, especially if the show was good. Today, though, most scifi fans need to be challenged to immerse themselves into a scifi show. You can't treat scifi fans like dimbulbs who will just watch TV like monkeys for cool effects and melodrama with poorly contrived situations just for the sake of making a cool story.

Today's scifi fans aren't mindless primates who sit in front of a TV wearing safety helmets chewing their tongues and clapping their hands and giggling childishly at every explosion scene.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My point is that I'm tired of "stupid" scifi. I enjoy plausible scifi or exotic scifi (scifi loosely based on theoretical or controversially theoretical sciences) with common sense written into the story lines. Scifi, to me, is escapism for the intelligent, the realm of "what if".

Take Sliders, for example. Quinn Mallory was a university student working on anti-gravity in his basement. His experiment led to the accidental creation of a wormhole that crosses into parallel universes. Yes, the entire premise seems like hogwash but the implied science beneath it was manufactured so cleverly. If I recall, they had a science consultant to try fitting the theoretical science with the fiction. The show was a hit until they decided to dispense with their own established guidelines and went with magic, goblins and nonsense, not to mention it became an unnecessary action flick with automatic weapons and such after season 3, which is when it all went down the toilet.

Every Star Trek series also had a science consultant, not to make sure the show strictly adhered to reality but to make sure the fiction meshed well enough with the science to give the appearance of plausibility.

Space 1999 probably had the stupidest premise of any scifi show in history, a nuclear explosion on the moon acting as a thruster that launched the moon on a one-way trip into the universe. That was the 70s, so, I can forgive stupid back then, especially if the show was good. Today, though, most scifi fans need to be challenged to immerse themselves into a scifi show. You can't treat scifi fans like dimbulbs who will just watch TV like monkeys for cool effects and melodrama with poorly contrived situations just for the sake of making a cool story.

Today's scifi fans aren't mindless primates who sit in front of a TV wearing safety helmets chewing their tongues and clapping their hands and giggling childishly at every explosion scene.

I totally agree with you!

But, look at some of the comments on the b&c YT video. They are extremely dumb-the majority of them. Most of them don't seem to realize that this is a pre-quel to BSG or that BSG existed. They are going "ooh" and "ah" over the 'pew-pew' and SFX . They are not engaged into the story line BUT NOW I admit that if you do not know what has transpired in BSG or CAPRICA you cannot get the storyline. there is too much 'background' info that you need to link up in your memory to make sense IE: The why of Bekka feeling that the cylon centurion is in "pain".

And before the typical retort of "so your saying I don't get it because I am dumb" NO that is not what I am saying.

Lets take SGA as an example. Say someone watched SGA without ever watching SG-1 or the orig movie or just caught a bit here and there. Would they be able to enjoy SGA? Yes. BUT WOULDN'T the experience of it be more appreciated if the viewer knows the canon and themes and the mythos of the "SG-VERSE" first? I think so.

THIS IS A PROBLEM with Eick/Moore. They designed-they say, CAPRICA to be a stand-alone concept. There are many BSG fans, including myself, who think that is BS. And in fact, if you go to the CAPRICA forums on Syfy, you will see so many who don't "get it" or who give theories about this or that and they do not know what transpired in BSG because they did not watch it.
It got kind of funny in those threads because someone would try to tell these ppl , "no you are wrong, that is not what happens later this is going to happen (go on explaining 1st cylon war and the happening of BSG) and tell them to watch BSG. Then they would argue and say that this person was the one wrong!

I know many people prefer shows that are mainly non-storyline and can stand alone ep by ep. Like you say, SLIDERS was at the beginning very good at that. I loved seeing where they would end up at the end of an ep and not necessarily have to be 'slaved' to that as being next weeks show. The TPTB of SLIDERS couldn't pull of an arc concept without including "cro-mags" and the other other goofy stuff.

But back to what I said at the top and the yt comments. It may not be who EICK wanted watching it to begin with but the "dumb tongue chewers" is who he needs to appeal to if he is going to have a chance with Syfy to continue in any way.
I am resigned to having to deal with that if I get a decent story or continuation of the original mythos along with it. I joked before saying that for B&c to be a "hit" and get picked up, it would need wrestling, nascar and ghost hunters worked into the script; as long as we still got the story we wanted, i could always get up for a sandwich at the stupid parts.

Trust me, do not get all caught up in the "feeling pain" thing, per canon that statement by her is nothing more than one cylon showing empathy for another--this involves the whole bit of cylon projection (into v -world) and being "contaminated" by Zoe's 'one true god' bit. But that is a whole other thread :rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

I know many people prefer shows that are mainly non-storyline and can stand alone ep by ep. Like you say, SLIDERS was at the beginning very good at that. I loved seeing where they would end up at the end of an ep and not necessarily have to be 'slaved' to that as being next weeks show. The TPTB of SLIDERS couldn't pull of an arc concept without including "cro-mags" and the other other goofy stuff.

The first two seasons of Sliders were serial. Every episode led to the next, which was one of its charms and kept me glued to it. I loved seeing them slide out of danger at the last moment only to be greeted by a 100 ft high tsunami in the distance making its way to them at the end of an episode. They were lost, travelling parallel universes without a clue on how to get back home. One time they actually did make it home but, if you recall, the front gate failed Quinn's squeeky test so they slid again and we find out a minute later that the gate had been lubricated by the handyman just moments before.

Season 3 went episodic. It was mildly tolerable up to JRD's departure episode then it sucked. They would fall out of the wormhole with cotton candy in hand, new clothes and we just assume shit happened between episodes. Even the wormhole effect in S1 and S2 was more what you see in scifi, a visual distortion of the surrounding environment. S3 turned the wormhole into a cartoon because it was apparently a cheaper effect.

FOX wanted to make it episodic, introduce a new scantily dressed regular to replace JRD, add more "pew pew" action and kill the serial nature of the show. They moved production from Vancouver to Hollywood, threw in their special blend of Hollywood nonsense and destroyed the show before Syfylys bought it and finished off completely.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The first two seasons of Sliders were serial. Every episode led to the next, which was one of its charms and kept me glued to it. I loved seeing them slide out of danger at the last moment only to be greeted by a 100 ft high tsunami in the distance making its way to them at the end of an episode. They were lost, travelling parallel universes without a clue on how to get back home. One time they actually did make it home but, if you recall, the front gate failed Quinn's squeeky test so they slid again and we find out a minute later that the gate had been lubricated by the handyman just moments before.

Season 3 went episodic. It was mildly tolerable up to JRD's departure episode then it sucked. They would fall out of the wormhole with cotton candy in hand, new clothes and we just assume shit happened between episodes. Even the wormhole effect in S1 and S2 was more what you see in scifi, a visual distortion of the surrounding environment. S3 turned the wormhole into a cartoon because it was apparently a cheaper effect.

FOX wanted to make it episodic, introduce a new scantily dressed regular to replace JRD, add more "pew pew" action and kill the serial nature of the show. They moved production from Vancouver to Hollywood, threw in their special blend of Hollywood nonsense and destroyed the show before Syfylys bought it and finished off completely.

i too, remember all that. "back in the day" sliders, the x files and B5 were pretty much all I watched.

I meant to say, serial, just got my descriptors off a little:drunk:

I thought it went bad,IMO, when we got the whole cro-mag thing going. I mostly liked when they would show them in predicaments and every new universe has something a bit off about it.

remind me, maybe i never saw it, but did sliders have any 'ending'?